Fort Worth, TX

Morningside Middle School 1

Posted March 28, 2011
Dear child, your knowledge of what constitutes a good school is somewhat lacking. There are schools and then there are great schools. The trips, clubs, and activities are all secondary to learning. I myself would be just as happy to take my child to a school that has no extracurricular activities but, is rated number one in the area for TAKS scores, etc. These are the differences between schools that do the bare minimum and ones that excel. Schools that do the bare minimum teeter between academically acceptable and academically unacceptable. They lack parental involvement and the will to go above and beyond to teach. There is no pride in the appearance of the school and some of it's students lack self esteem and donot learn . The principal only cares about keeping the school open to assure him/herself a job. A great school inspires, motivates and encourages growth. You know which one it is by the amount of parents trying to enroll their kids in it. Schools like this teach manners as well as academics. Think about it, if you are being bullied how can you concentrate on your work? The staff is dedicated and parents are excited about their child's progress.

Posted March 23, 2011
I don't see why everyone says that our schoo,isn't a good school. We have great program and our teachers really care for us. They will do all they can to get us where we need to be when it comes to the TAKS test, even come up to the school on weekends. We are also very good in sports, but people don't see that as an issue. Our staff is not just worried about getting a paycheck as stated on a recent commeny about this school. Our staff cares for us and will do anything it takes in order for us to be successful. I'm currently attending Morningside and I love it, we have fun at this school while still being able to learn all we need to move on to the next grade. We alo have amazing opprotunites here, advanced orchestra which gives you high school credit and we have geometry and algebre which also give you high school credit. we have french and spanish available, high school credit, and english 1, high school credit. We also have amazing opprotunties to go to out of state field trips and we enjoy the firleds trips, their educational andfun at the same time. I love Morningside and I hate that evryone is tryign to put our techers down, saying they don't care when they actually do.

Posted December 10, 2010
We are currently attending Morningside as 8th graders, reppn those VIKINGS for one last time:( so sad!! this school is amazing. the teachers are great and crazy and fun yet we still learn alot!! They really care!! Our principal, Mr Chambers is sooooo cool!! He treats us with such respect and he really cares! We love our school and we wouldn't want to be anywhere else! we're going to miss it soooo much. Remember we are... #1 (sarah!!and maysie!!)

Posted June 19, 2010
i attended morningside middle school since i was in 6th grade and now ive graduated in 2010 and I LOVE THIS SCHOOL SO MUCH the principal traeted us like his kids. he brought us breakfast, he bbq for us we even had a formal.i feel sad that im leaving now this school is truly number 1. once a viking always a viking! (sinceraly Paulette)

Posted December 09, 2009

Posted October 20, 2009
Great, Excellent, Terrific school! My daughter has been attending Morningside Middle School and so far, she has learned a lot. She claims she has a lot of fun there. She hasn't complained much about anything. She has improved a lot and we celebrate. The teachers there are great. Their teaching styles are obviously working.

Posted September 17, 2009
They have everything i need to pass the TAKS. I learn a lot while having fun! It's perfect! I am GLAD my parents let me come here!!!! GO VIKINGS!!!!

Morningside Middle School 0

Posted June 24, 2009
My son just completed the 8th grade in Morningside Middle School. Overall, I can that my experience was average for the past 3 years. First, the teachers are wonderful. The 8th grade team worked tirelessly this year to improve TAKS testing scores and the results were phenomenal!!! Second, The adminstrators are great. They work with parents and students to answer questions and provide a good support network for your child within the walls of Morningside MS. My only suggestion is to email your child's teachers. Response time for questions regarding grades, performance or behavior via phone can be lengthy. Finally, my only problem with Morningside MS is that their is not a strong PTA presence in the school. The PTA is a vital part of a school's success. The PTA works hand in hand with teachers and administartors and ultimately have the school's best interests at heart.

Posted June 22, 2009
i am attending morningside middle school right now and i love it. we may not have the highest grade but we do well in extracurricular activities. the teachers there make learning fun and if you dont believe it we do learn. we just dont have high grades becuase the students there care more about the way they look, who has a boyfriend or girlfriend, what fights are going to happen, or what boys or girls are cute. it is proven that when you separate boy and girls that they pay attention more so we try to do that. it may not be fun being separated but we get a better eduation. i know we have a problem with our grades but we are improving every year. our school is crunk and we want to stay that way so did you people ever think thats why we dont have those high grades?

Posted November 11, 2008

Morningside Middle School
2751 Mississippi Avenue, Fort Worth, TX  76104
Last modified Morningside Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Morningside Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top