Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

The teachers and staff lead by example and enforce rules consistently. My daughter relayed that her class talks about what "telling the truth" means and why it is important.

The teachers and staff are amazing, and my daughter comes home excited to tell us about her day! We could not be happier with Charles Nash. This little school is a hidden gem of Fort Worth.

As far as I know, the teachers are nice. But the lunch monitor lady always yell at the students. They can't even eat their lunch in peace. I don't see any reason why she has to yell real loud at kids just because they talked and giggled while eating and waiting in line.

When i went to enrolled my son i saw 3 teachers and the principal yelling at a student who didnt understand English it bothered me but i thought maybe they were showing him discipline school started my sons teacher hit him and they switched him classes and did nothing with the teacher. I left messages with the staff i was never contacted

love it Teacher are nice. Close to downtown. Love the improvement they have. I like the drop off and pick up it helps.

It's an okay school but does not seem to understand nor follow federal and state regulations. If you want to see success in your child you must be an active and vocal parent. good luck in the public education system if your child needs services.

Nash is a great little school. It is very easy to approach teachers and set up meetings to check on your child's progress. The late principal, Mrs. Day, really pushed academic excellence and that is why I believe the kids have done well on the state testing, but also when they have gone on to other schools. The PTA is excellent! For the past few years, the PTA has had an after program on Fridays. Also, the PTA hosts many extracurricular activities throughout the school year.

When I first enrolled my children in this school I loved it! They have been exemplary for a few years now, but for some reason things changed and I am not happy with the administration. They are very intimidating to our children, especially the 4th grade teachers and principal. There's been many instances when I have witnessed the principal and other teachers yelling at kids, I mean, what parent wants their kids to be yelled at? I understand that sometimes there is bad behavior that needs to be addressed but theres a time and place to do it. I feel as though some teachers are being bullying our children. My child no longer likes school, thanks to these teachers and the excessive amount of homework. I never wanted this to happen. I can't wait to withdraw them from this school. It's a shame how a nice little jewel in the heart of Fort Worth turned into a prison for our children...I'm VERY DISAPPOINTED!

My daughter attended for third grade last year and came out with a fear of the administration and less interest in actual learning. The principal rules by intimidation. She is the primary reason we withdrew. I would give it a one star if I was only rating the administration. My daughter's last school in southeast Dallas was friendlier, less test focused (while still being rated exemplary) and more child focused than this school. Her teachers were good but there was much less communication with parents, and less organization in homework. I was disappointed that there was not daily at home reading assigned besides a worksheet or two once a week. There would be the occasional motivational "read for fun!" handout but many parents won't enforce what's not assigned.

We love this little gem close to downtown. We live pretty far away but my husband takes both boys on the way to work each morning. My oldest, now in 5th grade said he liked all his teachers and loves the robotics club. The teachers are happy and supported by administration and Ms. Day, the principal, is involved with each student and parents. I'm so lucky to have my youngest start PreK at Nash.

Last modified Charles Nash Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.