Fort Worth, TX

Natha Howell Elementary School 1

Posted November 29, 2012
This school should be shut down by the state the children are learning nothing unless its in spanish.Walking into this school is like walking into a facility in mexico evertything is in spanish only the caucasian teachers speak english the spanish teachers are hardly understandable when speaking english.My daughter is in 1st grade and cannot read yet,everything she has learned thus far has been taught at home,my son is in 3rd grade and is asked daily by the teacher to help the other children in his class with their reading and math,he is not a tutor he is a student in the same grade.nothing american is celebrated at this school only spanish holidays are studied by the children,this is absolutly the worse school in the FWISD!

Posted March 04, 2012
As a parent I've seen a tremendous change in Natha Howell. I'm delighted to say that this change is for the better! I've observed more community events and an increase in academics. My son actually brings homework and his teachers are concerned about his success. I know this change is a result of new leadership and the outstanding principal hired this year. The principal works with both patents and teachers to improve results. Every time I visit it's obvious that she's dedicated. I've never seen this before. The kids love her. As a parent I feel well informed of events and know that everyone is there to help. I highly recommend this school. Warm smiles.

Natha Howell Elementary School 2

Posted June 07, 2011
I have 2 children that attend this school. This year we are doing open enrollment in another district. If you are Caucasian then you are a minority in this school/area. 90% of the kids are on free breakfast and free lunch. The school caters to the Hispanic community by offering bilingual classes but if you are Caucasian and don't already know Spanish, it doesn't benefit. There are 2 biling classes to 1 English speaking class. The school has lost some great teachers because of the bilingual program. The school is required to wear uniforms but some children do not. They would rather the child come to school than wear a uniform. Which is not entirely fair to the other childfren. The school does have an awesome principal his office staff is much to be desired. They barely look up from their computers to assist you. They have some great teachers they also have some one s that need some new assignments in grades that better match their personality. I can tell you the kinder teacher for 2011-2012 is awful. Kinder should be fun and getting the kids excited about higher learning, which will be hard with a teacher than has no personality or exuberance for teaching such young children.

Posted August 21, 2009
Staff are commended, counseling program is A++, State Recognized and Nationally recognized, and kids are plain happy!

Posted March 17, 2009
This school is the best you can find if you were me!My son went there and he loved it and did not want to leave!I also like it because its a recognized school in the fort worth school ditrict.

Posted February 09, 2007
I have 3 children that attend Natha Howell and I personally am satisfied with the overall academic ability of the children/teachers but I am very concerned about the safety of the children afterschool. The traffic is horrible, the parents double/triple park, honk for their children to cross between cars, block traffic. The list goes on and on. I am fighting to get this corrected.

Posted November 13, 2005

Posted July 25, 2005

Posted June 21, 2005

Posted June 20, 2005

Natha Howell Elementary School
1324 Kings Highway, Fort Worth, TX  76117
Last modified Natha Howell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Natha Howell Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top