Fort Worth, TX
Students enrolled: 1,609

Posted November 27, 2014
North Side has a long proud legacy of pride and excellence. I am in my second year as a teacher at North Side and can honestly say that there is something very special about the kids here. The school itself has a a ton of history and is visually a beautiful place to work, however, the students continue to surprise me with their depths of spirit. My biggest challenge is obtaining parental support. I know that parents care about their children, but a language barrier coupled with very busy work schedules of many parents means that kids are often on their own for transportation and after-school events.

Posted September 14, 2014
Stop saying this is a good school. I'm a sophomore right now and so far I'm not enjoying my time. Why? The teacher quality is starting to become worse from before. In biology class I had this teacher where he only lets is talk and use our phones. He also puts his personal problems towards us so I never get to learn a single thing in biology. I have honors world history and my teacher only gives out assignments. Of course I'm deer mine to get good grades but we don't do notes at all. Plus I'm in AVID II and we had a female mid age teacher but unexpectedly she quited. The reason why we have poor teaching is because the students. Their lazy bums and I won't learn anything if there isn't a teacher. I don't feel comfortate in the campus either. We had been attacked by Amon Carter Riverside with grafiti and the area smells like sewers. I don't feel safe in this area. I want to move schools now!!

Posted June 15, 2014
I am a current North Side student and I can honestly say that this school is the best! The amount of respect at this school is very high and the students value each other with such an admiration it is impossible to describe. The teachers love and care for each and every one of their students. Although people who want to hate on this school spread rumors that only gangsters and druggies come here, in reality this school is full of bright, respectful students who WANT to have a future ahead of them. This school has been labeled badly by people who have never even attended this school. From my own experience, I am proud to say that I made a very wise decision in choosing this school rather than Trimble Tech or Arlington Heights. North Side High School promises a bright future for every student who wants one. I am proud to be a steer and I am positive that every one else at this school is proud also.

North Side High School 4

Posted April 15, 2014
I feel the education and substantial excellence of the students who put forth in this great school make it the best to be. I have been here for three years now and i have had the opportunity to expand myself in great programs both educational and social. There are many great people and teachers that aren't here just for work, but to help you accomplish for the future. My final thought has to be for the great memories made here that help me strive for my dream for the future. Thank You North side the great school that pushed me to do better. - Proud Student

Posted September 25, 2013
I like to thank all the Teachers that put their hart into these students. Being a teacher requires a lot of patience, y'all are definitely a blessing!!! Thank You.

Posted April 18, 2013
I have a algebra that gives work sheets and expects his students to know the information.I feel like I've wasted time in this class I struggle to keep my grade up in this teachers class.

North Side High School 4

Posted April 03, 2013
As an Educator with a career of over 15 years in public education. I enjoy working at North Side high School. I have worked at larger and smaller schools. The student population is receptive to learning, most of the student are very respectful. The administration goes a very good job at this school. I look forward to teaching here for many years.

Posted April 28, 2012
I wouldn't be a teacher here because I would be scared to get shot! Stop saying it's a great school if it's surrounded by a bad neighbor hood and the school is full with gangsters!

North Side High School 2

Posted June 10, 2011
When I went to Northside they cut two of my classes because there was no room left. So I had 2 hours free of class every day when I could of been placed into a class to earn credits. I felt discouraged and eventualy dropped out. I know they have added classes but I know I wouldnt want my kids to attend Northside High School.

Posted November 24, 2009
I went there from 9th to 11th grade and had a great time! There are great teachers that teach there! This is a great school!!!

North Side High School
2211 Mckinley Avenue, Fort Worth, TX  76164
Last modified North Side High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Side High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top