O D Wyatt High School

Public | 9-12 | 1264 students

Posted September 26, 2013

This is one of the stupidest high school ever they care more about dress code then the learning and education of students and they always suspend people for the stupidest things eever and the teachers don't even teach they jst talk abt their lifes and the counselors never help students they always have an exxuse like "we have a meeting" and the addministrators all they do is suspend people because they don't have anything else to doand makin stusentsmiss school jst because dress code so don't go to that school I regret it

Posted June 2, 2011

This school has so many teachers whom actually cares about there students future. The process the teachers have for the students to learn is great. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Overall this is a great school.

Posted July 13, 2010

Very challenging academic programs. Wonderful Art teacher. I loved AP Physics. AP Cal was really hard, but if you ask questions the teache takes his time to explain.

Posted February 4, 2010

i was reasently attending this school. its great the teachers are realy nice. they realy pay atintion to the students and help in every way. :)

Posted October 27, 2009

Before coming to Wyatt I heard bad rumors but since being here for four years this is a great school with wonderful oppurtunities. I wouldn't want to graduate from no other school.

Posted October 21, 2009

I am a parent of O.D. Wyatt High School. I have had five sons to graduate from O.D. I have volunteered at O.D. Wyatt for the last nine years. O.D. is one of the better High Schools in Fort Worth. I believe we have been judged by the past and not what progress this school has made over the last 5 years.

Posted January 16, 2009

I use to be a student at O.D. Wyatt High School and it was a good school when Mr. Bowie was there. I'm not saying that Mr. Johnson is a bad princaple but he do try too be a good person in a good way!!!!!

Posted October 19, 2008

This school gets a bad reputation because of how it was in the past, but the school has made a full transformation in these past years

Posted May 22, 2008

I m a student at o.D. Wyatt and i believe itsa good school. So many people look down onthe school as a whole and it realy shouldnt be that way. Everyone that goes there knows that wyatt aint that bad its just it has had a bad reputation in the past and people are keeping that title to this day.

Posted April 3, 2008

I have also attended Wyatt since my 9th grade year and i couldnt ask for anything more!! Yes we have disipline problems but what school doesnt...i mean yes participation lacks but when everyone does participate we have alot of fun. And as for teachers being scared for their lives, im not so sure....every new teacher, especially a young one, is going to have a rough time. Personally we arent so bad, its a sterotype thats stuck around for too too long!

Posted March 28, 2008

I am a current student at O.D.Wyatt and I just wanna say to all yall that have critized and talked bad about the school yall have no idea this school is ya know for alot of bad things but overall yet we all tend to graduate no so instead of worrying so much about us take some time and check yourself out remembe never judge a book by it's cover.O yea and for yall info. im graduating thanx to wyatt!!!!!!!!!!

Posted December 11, 2007

Oscar Dean Wyatt is an excellent school. The principal Steven Johnson is great with his kids. He listenes,help,understand, and encourage all his students to do there best.

Posted July 19, 2007

I am currently a student at Wyatt and from my point of view every school has there ups and down. I have yet to see a school that doesn't have discipline problems. I can say compared to the past, Wyatt has dropped down a little. The academic achievement is ok, but could be better. I feel that Wyatt has potential and has matured alot since the beginning of the 2005-2006 school year. We have been working hard to prove to FWISD, our principals, teachers, and parents that we are capable of making Wyatt #1. If I had a choice to move to another school I wouldn't because I know what we have and what can be done. If everyone would get involved(teachers,parents&students), the leadership and learning levels of the adults and students will increase.

Posted July 11, 2007

I know alot of people talk down on our school but let me assure you we are not bad. I am a member of the national honor society, math club, science club, robotics team, dance team and colorgaurd. I love my school, i wouldn't attend any other school in the world.

Posted January 29, 2007

I have been at Wyatt for 2 years now i came my junior year. The school is okay not the best, you have your things that really need to get worked on. If you want a good education for your child i would suggest you go elsewhere. They aren't organized and haven't really done anything to help the my senior class.

Posted December 6, 2006

I am a current student at OD Wyatt and at first this school was really disappointing but now I know that they are really trying to change for the better. This school has some really great kids at it, if someone took the time to care for them and show them the way. I believe that we have the smartest kids in the state at this school but no one has taught us how to use our intelligence in a good way.

Posted July 24, 2006

I am a former student as well as had a child that attended there for four months. This was the worst school I have ever attended and I had warned my child about the place but due to the fact it is the school of her zone she had no choice. I feel that the school need to quit acting like they are afraid of the students and discipline the one that act up. I don't have the full reason as to why my child got out of there but I do know it is because their rule is if they don't see it they can't do anything about it. So the kids get to keep doing what ever they want as lon as they don't get caught. Like I said this is by far the worst school I have ever be to and I have went to inercity schools.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted March 5, 2006

I taught in this school for 1 year, and have never been so scared in my life. As a young black woman right out of college, I thought I could reach out to these kids and make a difference. The kids run this school. There is no discipline here--whatever they want to do pretty much goes.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted February 7, 2005

I've been at Wyatt since ninth grade. Wyatt is a good school in my opinion. I have had fun attending school because the environment is not as suffocating. You can breathe and enjoy your high school years.

Posted August 11, 2004

Poor Wyatt! The school was starting to turn the corner with a pricipal who was beginning to instill some academic excellence culture. Now he's gone. Wyatt will make no contribution to closing the disparity in achievement between Anglo and minority students.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

318 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 70% in 2011.

323 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 91% in 2011.

296 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2011.

285 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 76% in 2011.

280 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 93% in 2011.

285 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 95% in 2013.

188 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 89% in 2013.

187 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 95% in 2013.

189 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 98% in 2013.

189 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students83%

Hispanic98%
Economically disadvantaged91%
Limited English proficient (LEP)80%

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "Academically Unacceptable".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Academically Acceptable".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "Academically Acceptable".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 78% in 2013.

314 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 97% in 2013.

20 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 85% in 2013.

350 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Chemistry

The state average for Chemistry was 84% in 2013.

195 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I Reading

The state average for English I Reading was 65% in 2013.

373 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I Writing

The state average for English I Writing was 48% in 2013.

377 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II Reading

The state average for English II Reading was 78% in 2013.

285 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II Writing

The state average for English II Writing was 52% in 2013.

293 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English III Reading

The state average for English III Reading was 63% in 2013.

27 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English III Writing

The state average for English III Writing was 42% in 2013.

27 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 86% in 2013.

243 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Physics

The state average for Physics was 81% in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 73% in 2013.

World Geography

The state average for World Geography was 75% in 2013.

341 students were tested at this school in 2013.

World History

The state average for World History was 70% in 2013.

228 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

Beginning teachers 0%N/AN/A
Source: Civil Rights Data Collection, 2011-2012

Teacher resources

Music teacher(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Special education / special needs

• Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Swimming pool
School leaders, update and verify information here.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • LEWIS WASHINGTON
Fax number
  • (817) 815-8050

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Adult education
Level of special education programming offered
Foreign languages taught
  • French
  • Spanish
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered

Staff resources available to students
  • Music teacher(s)
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
Extra learning resources offered
  • Counseling
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)
Transportation options