Bad
Good

My child went to Natha Howell before coming to this school I took him out of that school because of his 4th grade reading and writing teacher was always yelling and telling him he was not smart. Got sick of going to principal because she never did nothing about it. Now my child loves coming to this school and all his teachers help him learn and do not yell or scream. The principal here also listens to any problems and does something it.

Never had issues with any of the teachers or staff at this school my son and daughter began school here in 2011-2012 school year my son has moved on to middle and my daughters still attend Oakhurst. the teachers are great and are always willing to help out, my daughter is also in the GT pullout program and gets the extra learning she needs. The kids love this school

I agree the teachers are never there. My son got good grades in school but we just barely got his star test results and he has to go to summer school. How can my son learn when his teacher is never there? He neve has homework too. Were so upset.

I have 2 kids at oakhurst; grades Pre-K and Kindergarten. One attends a bilingual program and the other ESL. The Teachers are great and the Principals are nice. The sign indicating that its a recognized school undermines many other things that hundreds of parents dont get to see. In response to the 3 parents that have posted a 'review', go to the meetings, visit the school, talk to the teachers, eat lunch with your kid, dont just drop him off at the front. Its a big school with many students cause many parent move near the school just so they can sent their kid(s) there. 'My kid goes to Oakhurst' is like a fad these days. They do have reces cause thats one of my kids 'favorite class' and they do give out awards for good grades, we have two: 'Best Improved' and 'Most Noble'. I like this school alot.

Last modified Oakhurst Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.