Ridglea Hills Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 638 students

Posted April 23, 2014

My son is in Pre K. He enjoys going to school and made good friends in his class. PTA is very active and organizes so many events.. Teachers and Staff are awesome and always helpful in answering any questions.

Posted September 27, 2013

my child is in pre-k and we went to meet the teacher before school start and two weeks later the teacher didnt remember us the parents, we drop off and pick up our child our thats so weird and school been open only a month and my child already said that two classmates hit her and said ugly things to her , i dont know if this the school for her , this is her first experience and it should,nt be this way. her dad said she not goging back to that school, , i said she need to be in school. im confused about this pre-k class

Posted September 8, 2013

I have one child who has already attended K-5, one in 2nd and one who will be there soon. I am so grateful to live in this school pyramid in the FWISD. The Staff and PTA are fabulous! I have held numerous PTA positions and volunteering is always welcomed!

Posted February 1, 2013

Our grandchild attends Ridglea Hills Elementary School. They attend 1st grade and we have been very happy with the quality of education. Our grandchild is excelling in all areas and is above grade level in math and reading. We love how encouraging the teachers have been and the creative efforts to address the needs of our grandchild. This school is like a family and they have wonderful events for families. A top school in the Fort Worth area.

Posted January 28, 2013

AWESOME public school with an excellent staff!. I've had 2 children go through this school and both were challenged, excelled and were well prepared for middle school. Parent involvement is extraordinary and the PTA provides lots of exceptional experiences and extra activities for students throughout the year. The art teacher and music teacher are outstanding and the long-time campus monitor ensures a safe and friendly environment for the kids and the parents..

Posted January 16, 2013

Outstanding school!! I have had a wonderful experience at this school. My children have been challenged academically and had a very positive social experience. The parental community is very supportive of the school and the teachers were all good. Some were excellent, even better than we experienced at private schools. I highly recommend this school!

Posted October 4, 2010

RHE office staffs are very very very mean. They are very rude!!!!! I feel unpleasant to them. School environment is not good-very dirty. The only good thing is teacher and nurse. Nurse is very kind and My son's teacher is very great that is why i don't move yet. But I don't want to see staffs anymore and I'm totally disappointed at this school and we are going to move next year.

Posted September 19, 2010

My child spent two miserable years at this school before we switched to a private school. Bullying and exclusion are far too prevalent - and that's just the adults! If you didn't grow up in this neighborhood yourself, and if you actually work for a living, good luck! We now have a lot of damage to undo, thanks to Ridglea Hills.

Posted December 1, 2009

My daughter started kindergarten at Ridglea Hills and is now in first grade there. She previously attended a Montessori school and I was worried about the public school not measuring up. My fears were all unfounded! She has had an excellent education and social experience at Ridglea Hills. The Principles and teachers are all invested in the over-all experience of the students. Parents are encouraged to help out and are obviously appreciated! I know a student who has attended since she was in kindergarten. She in now a fourth grader. She is an excellent student who is very comfortable with all academics. It is not only thanks to the parents involvement, but also the care and attention she has received from this school!

Posted September 3, 2009

I have two kids currently attending this school and one graduated from it. For over the past three years I have watched how the school works. Principal leadership, parent involvement, and children's curriculum and activities are all great. Moreover, the school is surrounded in a very nice residential area. Very safe environment and good carpool... Furthermore, the school has been promoted to 'Exemplary School' for the 2008-2009 school year! I highly recommended this school. Go Righlea Hills!

Posted August 1, 2009

My daughter attended this school past year 2008-09 as a second grade student. The parent involvement is outstanding. I like having the weekly emails to keep me posted on the activites the school is doing. The principle and assistant principle was absolutely great to work with. I like the fact that they are very creative on fundraising, than the traditional candy brochure or candle sales. Parent involvement is highly encouraged and supported by staff at this school.

Posted April 15, 2009

This is my chil'd first year and she's loving it! and with my child happy, im happy, too! the administrators are very welcoming and the her teacher is just awesome. Pta is very strong, too... Alot of involved parents, which makes it great!

Posted April 7, 2009

My grandson has gone to RHE since Kindergarten and he is in the second now. His parents are very happy . The support the parents give these kids is wonderful. I have attended many of the events and had a wonderful time.

Posted January 5, 2009

My son started Kindergarten at RHE this past fall, and we have been very pleased with our experience so far. The PTA is great and we love his teacher and the school's administrative staff. We both work full time, and we got off to a rocky start with the after care program. The on site after school care was not up to par with our standards for, but once we made other arrangements, it has been smooth sailing since. That said, I don't agree that if you work you will be on the outside. Any school requires parent involvement to be successful, we just make it a priority to do what we can within the confines of our work schedules.

Posted May 15, 2008

This is my son's first year at RHE. I am pleased with his educational experience so far. I am a bit concerned for the years to come as the demographic of the school change. I feel its important to be involved in my son's education and we keep an open line of communication with my son and his teacher about what happens at school.

Posted April 15, 2008

I have been pleasantly surprised at the teachers and the new principal of RH. Coming from a private school, we were very nervous about the level of attention our child would be getting, only to find it better than the private school my child attended last year! The principal is professional and fits in very well with the PTA. My child's 1st grade teacher is wonderful and informative. We couldn't be happier!

Posted February 27, 2008

As a parent I am appalled that bullying is tolerated at any FWISD. There is bullying going on in the fifth grade invovling both the boys and the girls and no one in the administration seems to care. I have had it and am moving my kids as soon as possible. Parents have to everything in this school. If you work don't send your kids here as you will always be on the outside.

Posted February 22, 2008

Very dissapointed about RHE and in general of the public education system, this is our second year at RHE, we thought our last year experience was just that, a bad experience, as can happen every where, but this year is even worse than last one. If we, as a parents knew how to read the school report card you'll see this is just s B school and to far to be a A school (I didn't know my self until a friend that works in the ISD help me to understand the school report card). We had a bad experience with the teacher last year and this year is not better than last, definitely we are going back to private school. Last years this school was rated 8, now is 7. I great PTA isn't enough to have a great school. They are teaching only to the test, kids need more.

Posted January 4, 2008

This is our first year at Ridglea Hills and I am thrilled. The teachers are great and the parents, especially the PTA, are really on the ball. We moved in order to attend this school and I couldn't be happier.

Posted May 1, 2007

I was always and still am impressed with quality of the school. the At first, I was not quite sure about the new principal, but the more I see her and got to know her, I misjudged her and I think she does a great job. Being her first year, I am sure that she's getting the feel of our school.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 88% in 2011.

98 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 90% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 82% in 2011.

105 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2011.

105 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 87% in 2011.

103 students were tested at this school in 2011.

All Students95%

Not special education90%
Proficient in English88%
Not migrant88%

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 79% in 2013.

99 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

99 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 72% in 2013.

97 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 68% in 2013.

97 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 71% in 2013.

90 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 77% in 2013.

84 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 75% in 2013.

85 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 73% in 2013.

85 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students84%

Proficient in English77%
Not migrant76%
Not Gifted73%

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "Recognized".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Recognized".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "Exemplary".

Asian or Pacific Islander 3% 4%

This school District averageState average
Beginning teachers 0%N/AN/A
Source: Civil Rights Data Collection, 2011-2012

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Visual arts
  • Drawing / sketching

Language learning

Level of ESL/ELL programming offered

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school