Fort Worth, TX

Posted November 26, 2014
I like this school and my Kids like it. Teachers and the Principal Do their best to promote kids for high levels

Posted October 15, 2014
Great place to work for teachers, the local community helps out. The principal treats the staff and students with respect. Oftentimes in FWISD finding a school with good leadership is a crap shoot, but at Bruce Shulkey it is a great place to work. School population is diverse with 10+ languages spoken by the students.

Posted September 16, 2014
This year is my daughter's first year of school. I was so pleased with how helpful the office was when telling the things I need and what I should do. When it comes to dropping off and picking up my daughter, it is so convenient and organized that it makes the whole process easy so I am in and out. Her kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Alvarez is the sweetest and so patient. My daughter has only good things to say when she comes home. I really like that Mrs. Alvarez has a folder she sends home every day so I know what my daughter has been working on that day as well as how her attitude was. Great school!

Posted August 23, 2014
This is a great school with wonderful teachers, but the front desk ladies are so rude and not helpful at all.

Posted June 22, 2014
Bruce Shulkey Elementary is a great school! The principal is professional and personable and truly cares about her students and staff. We have a diverse student population where students learn to appreciate and accept others who are different from themselves. The teachers work hard and care about their students.

Posted May 15, 2014
Lots of parents helping out and involved here. Teachers care about their job and helping the students. Principal is always involved and seen not just hidden away in an office. Only issue was the front office staff who were rude an acted as though I bothered them.

Posted April 15, 2014
This school is a good school overall. Principal and counselor have been helpful. It's the attendance clerk and Secretary in the front office that are horrible to interact with. I would like to volunteer at my kids' school, but having to walk in to the office and see those two is an awful thought. They are never smiling and are always rude and dismissive. Unfortunately, they are the first two people you meet when you walk in the school. This makes for a very tense and uninviting feeling. Maybe if there was a more welcoming feeling, there would be more parents volunteering. The children here are young and I have seen them interact with these two women and they are scared and intimidated. It's sad to watch.

Posted January 20, 2014
Bruce Shulkey is a school where children come first. Unlike other schools in Fort Worth they host a language center for new to the US students, a Linc program for handicap children, and a Behavior Improvement class where students with unruly behavior ( from Other schools) are reformed. Teachers and staff go the extra mile for students in this low economic area where English is no longer the dominant first language. Bruce Shulkey is a gem and so is its principal.

Bruce Shulkey Elementary School 1

Posted May 21, 2012
The principal and counselor of this school over shadow the wonderful teachers here, unfortunately. Both of my children have health problems that if not properly dealt with, they will miss school. Both are preventable, but there is lack of help on their end. My youngest has severe asthma and when not controlled, it will flare and turn into bronchitis and he will miss. The principal withdrew him for missing, and once I received his medication, his inhaler was never used, and his nebulizer meds only had TWO used, meaning they were not giving him his meds when needed, causing his asthma to flare, resulting in more missed days. My oldest has a learning disability and I tried tooth and nail to get them to do a 504 on her, even my written request was ignored. I have since pulled her, and now homeschool both. On top of all of this, the principal once yelled and screamed in my face, in front of all 3 of my children about their absences, which they had dr notes for and would have been prevented had they allowed proper hydration and bathroom breaks for my oldest, simply given my youngest his asthma medications. I think this could be a wonderful school, if not for the witch of a principal.

Posted June 09, 2010
This school has wonderful teachers and the Principal & VP are great. The school counselor & nurse have been a problem for some. My children love this school. They have a lot of programs and activities. The parent involvement is not so great. We have the same parents volunteering over & over again. This school would be awesome if we had better parenting among our children.

Bruce Shulkey Elementary School
5533 Whitman Avenue, Fort Worth, TX  76133
Last modified Bruce Shulkey Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bruce Shulkey Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top