Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Very effective when they get time, to approach any individual issues, and as a whole, lacking, but as a State/Parents to ask so much from one teacher per (x) amount of kids, to individualize each students weakness, the state should be sued!!

Amount of homework: no rating

My son doesn't live w me, at one point the party he lives w attempted to put this assignment on me during my weekly visitation,, until they realized I would love to help my son in any form, fashion, or way to build his future., and helping our children do anything is bonding rather we all realize thus or not. My son has complained in the past about too much HW, but in my mind, that's by default of being a kid... Thanks Adam S.

Develops character: Disagree

Events in past, and talks w my son of happenings while at SHM. I just don't feel it's a top priority. Also I realize you can not control what's taught from 5:30pm-7:30am/at home.

My son lives with his mother, I have made myself clear that I am restricted by her from any info on my son's day to dad or even a week to week status in all happenings, studies, events that may occur/occurred in his time at SHM. My restrictions are not court ordered rather personal order by her for his/mine relations only. I don't blame SHM nor its facility for this, but I do blame whomever responsible for access to Offical SHM Web for not designing it for dads that do give a rats,,, that are not in the same zip code.. I have tried the class chat, w no success and its completed app. I used parent port, but no teachers use it, and the Offical page does not offer any info like this. I do not wish any more work be placed on the under-paid and overlooked teachers/future builders of America but it drives me up the wall not knowing about my sons, ex: "spelling test" that I helped him study for, via phone. My sons 4th grade teach went far far above and beyond we she allows(ed) me w info that most shouldn't have due to high amounts of harassment from parents w perfect children. Thus is the only way I knew "if I choose to use tis tool" what exactly my son was/was not producing. I realize this tool is not a tool anymore for obvious reason all I'm asking for is a source of my sons performance/lack of. I am pro for teachers especially ones that are involved w my son. My hat is off to each and every one of yall!! If it were my choice I'd pay yall 4x "?amount", allow 2x paid vacation, and would instill stronger laws of # of student/teacher, for yall are truly "more human than human" Thanks Adam S.

This school's administration is just horrible. They do not listen, they treat your child as a number, they bully and patronize. If you can avoid this school at all, please do so. I feel horrible for the kids that are stuck at this school without parents who care. And, 15 minutes of recess for kindergartners for the ENTIRE DAY?! Ridiculous.

My Son attends South High Mount Elementary. The only problem my wife and I have had came up more than once.. My son like other children have received sad faces.. My sons teacher will tend , to explain, why the sad face was given in front of all the other children at class room door while picking up children at the end of the day. We don't feel as parents that this should be addressed in this manner. The teacher should address the parent in the class room with child after class or set up some kind of meeting. I have spoken to the principal about this and she did say she would speak to the teacher several month back. I don't understand why this keeps occurring.

Great programs offered by SHM(FWAS). Speach therapy was also help for the oldest of my 2 kids. Both have attend SHM since Pre-K. Great caring teachers.

My two son's have attended South Hi Mount for going on three years. I as parent overall have enjoyed their experience with this school. The teachers are very involved with the well being of each student and their grades. I do wish at times parents at this school would be more involved but I do understand that a lot of parents work which consumes much of their time and that they can't help. Everyone is friendly at this school which is what I like most about the parents and the teachers. I would recommend this school to my friends and family.

The staff loves the children as much as their parents!

My daughter & I are very pleased with SHM. This is her 2nd year there and so far pre-k & kinder have been a blast. My husband & I have no worries about her getting a good education. The only concern we have is a change that was made of combining 1st grade & kindergarden together. Other than that, SHM is a great school.

Last modified South Hi Mount Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.