Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted April 07, 2016
The nurse is amazing I looked forward to seeing her I she is always the same positive and always greets you with a smile

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted October 26, 2015
Well a few of them actually but one that has went above and beyond her call of duty while my son was her class and afterwards she continues to go above and beyond is Ms. Banis. Reason being she does somehow, someway, show that she truly cares for each and every child that has ever stepped foot in her class. I live approx 65 miles from SHM, parent/teacher communications was 120%, p/t conf. was 120%,. I thank you for all you done and continue to do from time to time to aid a restricted father whom only wants a closer relationship w my son, a constant battle that shouldn't exist at the home he stays at, was understood by this lady and she helped build our relationship in his school activity and or life! Thank you so much.!!! Also thanks to Ms. Delgado for understanding we live in an imperfect world where ppls don't always tell the truth, and at the same time staying professional and taking care of my son, but also what matter the most that the issue was resolved in a over satisfactory rate, in an overwhelming professional style! Thanks Adam S.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted October 26, 2015
Very effective when they get time, to approach any individual issues, and as a whole, lacking, but as a State/Parents to ask so much from one teacher per (x) amount of kids, to individualize each students weakness, the state should be sued!!

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted October 26, 2015
My son doesn't live w me, at one point the party he lives w attempted to put this assignment on me during my weekly visitation,, until they realized I would love to help my son in any form, fashion, or way to build his future., and helping our children do anything is bonding rather we all realize thus or not. My son has complained in the past about too much HW, but in my mind, that's by default of being a kid... Thanks Adam S.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted October 26, 2015
Teachers instill these by default. Yall push and push and push there brains to want, want, want more, better, and bigger. Thanks Adam S.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted October 26, 2015
My child has never mentioned any sort of material, nor does practice any. I have taught him, these things, but others around him may confuse and/or lead him to believe in selfish ways. Adam S.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted October 26, 2015
Events in past, and talks w my son of happenings while at SHM. I just don't feel it's a top priority. Also I realize you can not control what's taught from 5:30pm-7:30am/at home.

South Hi Mount Elementary School 3

Posted October 26, 2015
My son lives with his mother, I have made myself clear that I am restricted by her from any info on my son's day to dad or even a week to week status in all happenings, studies, events that may occur/occurred in his time at SHM. My restrictions are not court ordered rather personal order by her for his/mine relations only. I don't blame SHM nor its facility for this, but I do blame whomever responsible for access to Offical SHM Web for not designing it for dads that do give a rats,,, that are not in the same zip code.. I have tried the class chat, w no success and its completed app. I used parent port, but no teachers use it, and the Offical page does not offer any info like this. I do not wish any more work be placed on the under-paid and overlooked teachers/future builders of America but it drives me up the wall not knowing about my sons, ex: "spelling test" that I helped him study for, via phone. My sons 4th grade teach went far far above and beyond we she allows(ed) me w info that most shouldn't have due to high amounts of harassment from parents w perfect children. Thus is the only way I knew "if I choose to use tis tool" what exactly my son was/was not producing. I realize this tool is not a tool anymore for obvious reason all I'm asking for is a source of my sons performance/lack of. I am pro for teachers especially ones that are involved w my son. My hat is off to each and every one of yall!! If it were my choice I'd pay yall 4x "?amount", allow 2x paid vacation, and would instill stronger laws of # of student/teacher, for yall are truly "more human than human" Thanks Adam S.

South Hi Mount Elementary School 1

Posted September 26, 2014
This school's administration is just horrible. They do not listen, they treat your child as a number, they bully and patronize. If you can avoid this school at all, please do so. I feel horrible for the kids that are stuck at this school without parents who care. And, 15 minutes of recess for kindergartners for the ENTIRE DAY?! Ridiculous.

South Hi Mount Elementary School 4

Posted May 27, 2013
My Son attends South High Mount Elementary. The only problem my wife and I have had came up more than once.. My son like other children have received sad faces.. My sons teacher will tend , to explain, why the sad face was given in front of all the other children at class room door while picking up children at the end of the day. We don't feel as parents that this should be addressed in this manner. The teacher should address the parent in the class room with child after class or set up some kind of meeting. I have spoken to the principal about this and she did say she would speak to the teacher several month back. I don't understand why this keeps occurring.

4101 Birchman Avenue, Fort Worth, TX  76107
Last modified South Hi Mount Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.