South Hi Mount Elementary School 1

Posted September 26, 2014
This school's administration is just horrible. They do not listen, they treat your child as a number, they bully and patronize. If you can avoid this school at all, please do so. I feel horrible for the kids that are stuck at this school without parents who care. And, 15 minutes of recess for kindergartners for the ENTIRE DAY?! Ridiculous.

Posted May 27, 2013
My Son attends South High Mount Elementary. The only problem my wife and I have had came up more than once.. My son like other children have received sad faces.. My sons teacher will tend , to explain, why the sad face was given in front of all the other children at class room door while picking up children at the end of the day. We don't feel as parents that this should be addressed in this manner. The teacher should address the parent in the class room with child after class or set up some kind of meeting. I have spoken to the principal about this and she did say she would speak to the teacher several month back. I don't understand why this keeps occurring.

Posted May 09, 2013
Great programs offered by SHM(FWAS). Speach therapy was also help for the oldest of my 2 kids. Both have attend SHM since Pre-K. Great caring teachers.

Posted April 26, 2010
The staff loves the children as much as their parents!

South Hi Mount Elementary School 1

Posted February 26, 2009

Posted September 18, 2008
My daughter & I are very pleased with SHM. This is her 2nd year there and so far pre-k & kinder have been a blast. My husband & I have no worries about her getting a good education. The only concern we have is a change that was made of combining 1st grade & kindergarden together. Other than that, SHM is a great school.

Posted February 21, 2008
Very happy with the education my daughter received at SHM. Would recommend that parents play an active roll in the school to ensure their children receive the great education they deserve.

Posted June 11, 2006
SHM is a wonderful school. Wonderful teachers and admininstraion.

Posted May 09, 2006
Hello my name is jenny and i do have two girls that do attend south hi mount and will til the 5th grade i think this ia a well known school and very safe our teachers and principal are always on top of thing that our children surroundings i do know that our teacher will let us know that we as parents need to do to approve our kids i have enjoyed this school and the communities that surrounds this school i just hope that we can approve of our children to wear uniforms in the incoming school year.....

Posted May 03, 2006
We LOVE South Hi Mount, and are bothered that it doesn't get the same publicity as some of the other area elementary schools. We gave SHM a try and have been 100% pleased with the results. Amazing staff and teachers and a gifted-and-talented curriculum that is on par (or better) than any other FWISD school. G/T doesn't officially start until 1st in FWISD, but SHM identified our son and created a curriculum for him in K without any real prompting from us - talk about proactive! Nurturing environment, great PTA and extracurriculars/enrichment, too. Can't say enough!

South Hi Mount Elementary School
4101 Birchman Avenue, Fort Worth, TX  76107
Last modified South Hi Mount Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Hi Mount Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top