Fort Worth, TX

South Hills Elementary School 1

Posted January 28, 2013
I know of 2 different instances where boys touched girls and it was ignored. One boy was excused for doing this because his parents were not supportive. The other boy was not punished because he was "special".

Posted June 12, 2012
South Hills Elementary has consistently received Recognized status from the state of Texas. The current principal is a great leader who deals fairly with students, teachers and staff. Despite being a very large urban school, parents and students have great affinity for South Hills Elementary. Two years ago, when the school district intended to redraw attendance boundaries, there was a great outcry from students/parents who were being transferred elsewhere. They protested and, thankfully, were allowed to stay in the South Hills Elementary community. I think this speaks highly for the overall atmosphere of the school.

Posted June 01, 2011
I started attending South Hills Elementary as a third grader the year it opened. I have fond memories, and not so fond memories of the school then.

South Hills Elementary School 1

Posted May 02, 2011
I am so glad that my son is out of this school....even after the change to Miss Dilley, things did not improve...my son was bullyed every day. with the school being so largely hispanic they bend over backwards for them and the non spanish speaking kids and parents are left in the cold...if i had the money i would have filed a discrimantion law suit...english sould be the language all the time...and spanish should be taught to all kids...the mexican kids would just talk spanish when they did not want my son to know what they were saying...and I am sorry I did not get a 2nd job and put him in to private school...when went to this school 50% of the kids out side in portabales buildings...it sucked...even with the consturuction they are not adding enough class rooms...

Posted April 30, 2011
I went here from 3rd-5th grade. I had a blast. When I arrived I was just the nerdy white kid but it ended up being the best few years of my life. The school's teachers all speak English and Spanish. They did some benchmarks there but it wasn't the main thing. And as for "Dumbing down the curriculum" that is not a problem. I now go to HSA and am in high school and I've never had any problem with keeping up. In fact I take some classes higher up than my classmates.

South Hills Elementary School 0

Posted April 13, 2010
I agree with the previous entry. School year started witha new teacher for my child & a month later my child has been moved to another class. His entire class moved & that teacher is another grade now. My children do not come home with homeowrk, the answer is always the same ' we had TAKS testing ' or 'we have benchmark today'. I feel the curriculum is not challenging to the students and I feel it's being 'dumbed' down for students who have English as a second language. I feel for these students- they are still being taught in Spanish and when they get to HS it's not going be the same. They are going to have to learn in English- which they do not comprehend as well as their native tongue. These are smart students & it's unfair to them to hold them back educationally.

South Hills Elementary School 0

Posted March 17, 2010
Under the direction of new leadership the teacher turn over continues, especially in the upper grades. The teacher have always been wonderful, kind, and effective with all of my children through the years. Apparently the new leadership is not providing needed support to keep the outstanding teachers at South Hills there to teach our children.

Posted January 12, 2010

Posted September 16, 2009
My grandkids love South Hills!

Posted August 08, 2008

South Hills Elementary School
3009 Bilglade Road, Fort Worth, TX  76133
Last modified South Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Hills Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top