Fort Worth, TX
Students enrolled: 1,340

Southwest High School 4

Posted May 04, 2013
I am a junior in the 2012-2013 school year. I work to earn straight As and am currently ranked 3rd in my class. I have loved my experience at Southwest. I have great friends there. My entire group of friends from elementary and most of my middle school friends transferred to other FWISD schools, but most of them have not enjoyed their high school experience as much as I, nor have they been as successful in their classes, SAT tests, or AP tests. I am just one student, but Southwest has been wonderful for me.

Southwest High School 1

Posted December 07, 2010
We get annoying robot calls from this school on a daily basis telling us that our child missed school for the day. only problem...We have no children! We have asked them to remove our number from the list but they refuse! If I had a kid I WOULD NEVER SEND THEM TO THIS SCHOOL!!!!! I am sick and tired of the annoying phone calls and will be forced to seek out legal remedies and file harrasment charges against the school board! Think twice about this school! Oh, and because I gave my email address in order to post a comment does NOT give you license to SPAM me either!!!

Southwest High School 5

Posted August 21, 2010
SW High was where both my sons graduated from. They both had excellent teachers, strong principal and challenging academic programs. I was totally satisfied with everything about SW High.

Southwest High School 5

Posted June 22, 2010
Southwest has a great AP program with caring teachers and challenging classes. The coaches, counselors and staff are supportive and helpful too. The overall scores for this school are misleading: students who are willing to put in the work have top scores and top grades and have no trouble earning scholarships and getting accepted to excellent colleges.

Southwest High School

Posted November 30, 2009
I think southwest is just like any other typical high school but in a better way.. Southwest has alot a different ways in teaching us i feel that our school is a really great school of course there are going to be fighting but our Zero- tolerance rule will help out a lot including our new princinpl. I love attending southwest and very proud to be a RAIDER!!!!

Southwest High School 2

Posted December 12, 2008
Southwest was once a great school. I have had 2 of my sons graduate from the school. Recently the school has all of a sudden taked a turn to the worst. I have a freshman in southwest this year and i am not very happy with the school. the administration cannot control the students and my son is always complaining about being pushed down in the hallways during fights. the administration is afraid of the students. i think something needs to be done so my son will feel safe going to school there. i am really thinking of having my son transferred to a different fort worth isd school that has a better handle with their students and academics.

Southwest High School 2

Posted May 15, 2008
Over the past 4-5 years SHS has really begun to degrade both in facilities and teachers. There are a few bright spot in the music program and media tech. The athletic program is mediocre at be but they did come in second in state in basketball

Southwest High School 4

Posted March 04, 2008
Since I have been a student at southwest since 2005, I have noticed and experienced a strong rigor in AP and honors courses. However, there are several teachers who do not take pride in their job and simply give 'busy work' in order to get their paycheck. Extra curriculars are very strong and we have award winning performing groups such as choir, band, and athletics. As in most schools, there are behavioral problems but they are no where near as bad as they are at other schools. I feel very safe at Southwest and I am proud to be a Raider!

Southwest High School 1

Posted September 20, 2007
The teacher and staff do not show genuine care for the students or their need.

Southwest High School 3

Posted March 28, 2007
This school is very top heavy, the adminstration in the district takes up most of the money that should be going to the students. Although the one thing Southwest does have going for it, is that the principal is very good at getting good teachers and keeping them. Although their chemistry department is the exception to that. The main lack of problem is money, not many teachers use the internet, the one's that do set it up at their own expense, and very few of the extracurricular activites (Most of which are very good compared to the district) get money.

Southwest High School
4100 Altamesa Boulevard, Fort Worth, TX  76133
Last modified Southwest High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Southwest High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top