Posted July 18, 2014
JT Stevens is simply amazing. Our son attended from 3rd to 5th grade and we could not be happier with his education or his experience. The teachers are top notch - veterans of education, the classes are smaller so each child receives plenty of attention. We highly recommend this special school.

J T Stevens Elementary School 4

Posted November 11, 2013
I was a student who went there 5yrs ago. It was a great school. I went there from kindergarten all the way to 5th grade. Loved the teachers and the staff. I have heard that the school has gone down hill. I live EXTREMELY close to there cause my nephew went there and I used to walk down there to pic him up and a lot of the teachers I used to know have retired. And it is true most of the best teachers and previouse principals and vise principals did retire. But the school is still good as far as I have heard. The GREATEST P.E coach still teaches their and he is ABSOLUTLEY the most AMAZING guy ever. That's school is still in good shape.

J T Stevens Elementary School 2

Posted November 20, 2012
This school has been going downhill the last few years; the best teachers have retired, ie. saw the future and RAN; what's left = lots of burned-out teachers with bad attitudes, a couple of barely literate teachers, & almost no parental participation.

Posted June 07, 2011
My son is a current student at JT Stevens. He has completed the second grade and we are looking forward for this new school year. Thank you to all the staff for your support and commitment.

J T Stevens Elementary School 3

Posted May 26, 2010
My children have attended this school for many years. I have seen the change in demographics and the slow steady decline in the school over the years. There has been a major reduction in parent involvement. Teachers seems to do their best but don't have support from the administration. Discipline is definitely a problem at this school. Recent changes in teachers positions for next year are disturbing. I have to question what the administration is thinking. These changes will only hurt the teachers and student. The literacy coach has entirely too much input in the student body. She needs to do her job and not the job of the vice principle.

J T Stevens Elementary School 3

Posted May 25, 2010
Things are not good right now at J T Stevens. The principal started doing fruit basket turnover with the teachers last year (the best upper grade teachers are being moved to lower grades and vice versa with the best lower grade teachers being moved to upper grades). He's repeating it again this next year. The teachers are very unhappy, and the students are all having to suffer while the teachers have to redevelop their classes. That means that the teachers don't have the emotional margin to do anything above and beyond the minimum standard requirements. The gifted / talented are pretty much ignored. The parents are pretty demoralized, too. It's getting harder and harder to get involvement with the PTA (was one of the best in the state). In the end, the principal is gutting what used to be an amazing school, and shooting himself in both feet.

J T Stevens Elementary School 0

Posted February 06, 2010
I would say this is the best school in Fort Worth. My girls have been attending since 2005 and my oldest daughter is in the honors program at her middle school and i would contribute the excellent training and teaching she got from JT Stevens. Teachers and school staff genieuinly care for the kids always welcoming the children in the mornings with a polite welcome and with a 'great to see you attitude' . The principal is always in the middle of everything when it comes to the kids instead of hiding in an office like so many principas do.

Posted June 24, 2009
Great School. My son just finished the 5th grade and loved the school.

Posted June 13, 2009

Posted May 04, 2009
J.T. Stevens is a wonderful school. Full of excellent teachers, administration and staff. They are very helpful and cooperative when needed. There is also a wonderful amount of parent involvment, which I believe only helps the students and staff. J.T. Stevens is the 'Best School in Texas'

J T Stevens Elementary School
6161 Wrigley Way, Fort Worth, TX  76133
Last modified J T Stevens Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
J T Stevens Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top