Trimble Technical High School

Public | 9-12 | 1833 students

Posted August 13, 2013

This is my old high school and academically it is a great school. I graduated in 2002 one yr early. My class that I was suppose to graduate with 2003, we were the 1st high school to accomplish exemplary status for the TAAS test 2002. I was in the applied learning program, a college prep program. You can go far with what this school offers to assist their students to succeed. They have trade programs such as brick laying, autobody, welding just to name of few. Many students leave with careers under their belts or with all the neccessities to conquer their goals.

Posted August 12, 2011

People were always talking wonders about this school, so I came. Since you have to apply to get in the kids try to stay in the school. There are some really responsible kids and good teachers. I also feel like the kids aren't mean, I haven't seen a single bully. Kids from all over Fort Worth come here. I had really great techers last year and I'm looking forward for another good year this year.

Posted January 29, 2011

I'm a 2010 graduate of Trimble Tech HS and though I had a wonderful four years, I felt that Tech could've better prepared me for college. The efforts of the handful of intelligent, dedicated teachers I had the fortune of meeting are often hampered by administrative logistics or disinterested students. Aside from its fledging Advanced Placement program, which could still use some work as its effectiveness is compromised by the counselors' refusal to remove students who obviously cannot handle the workload, I doubt that a great deal of Tech's graduates are adequately prepared for college. That said, if a student has the drive and initiative to ask for help and seek out Tech's resources, it would make for an excellent high school experience.

Posted March 9, 2010

I am a former student, I will tell you that my experiance at Tech was great, the social part, you do have lots of fun doing things with friends and doing extracur. activites, so most current students will say that it is a great school, but a present student having a great time will not be able to tell you if this is a good school or not because a 16 or 18 year old is mostly concerned about going out and having fun, I mean think about it, when you were that age, if you didn't get much homework and you still made 'A's wouldn't you love it too. As a former student looking back at this school, this was not somewhere that I would like to send my kids to school, not because of the students, but the adminstration,staff,and teachers. You are not prepared for college after high school.

Posted December 21, 2009

I graduated class of 2008 and let me tell you a loved it. This school has so much to offer to students, opening doors for them that an a regular school wouldn't even an option. I was in the health and science department and it gave me so much to look forward to. I 100% recommend this school for any future students.

Posted September 4, 2009

I graduated from Trimble Tech high school this year with the class of 2009. I love this school, and I know I made a wise choice by going here.

Posted June 27, 2009

I just finished my freshman year at Tech and it was the best! The whole faculty is helpful and very friendly. This HS is #1 in DFW.

Posted March 13, 2009

they have alot for the kids here. best school ever

Posted February 24, 2009

Trimble Tech is the best school in the world. I love it here and i would never leave it. i met the greatest people who are my best friends!

Posted February 22, 2009

Excellent staff and students. I am a sub and its my favorite school in FWISD.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted February 6, 2009

I m a senior at Trimble tech high school and I m glad that I m graduating from this great school. I went to my home school before coming to tech and it s a BIG difference. The teachers and administration spent more time disciplining their students than teaching them. I didn t like it and I felt bad when I had to go to school because I felt like I was getting punished just because the other students around me had a behavior problem. When I came to tech it was like a breath of fresh air. All my teachers where helpful and had one thing in mind how am I going to help my students get to the next level and to graduate. This year has been the best year. I graduate with a 3.6 and knowing that I will go to college and major in business management thanks to the courses at tech.

Posted January 14, 2009

Tech is a pretty good school. I am a freshmen here I the first day was very scared but the teachers where very helpful. The teachers here are nice. And all around here it calm and the students are very friendly. I love it!!! Its an awesome school with cool classes that are hard but made to challenge and enrich.

Posted December 9, 2008

I am a student at trimble tech and the accademics are overall amazing, excluding some teachers.

Posted November 20, 2008

Im a 9th grader at tech and its a pretty good school. Most likely you will get lost the first day and maybe the second since the school has 4 floors. But you will get the hang of it. Its actually veryy easy. Im pretty happy that I got accepted to this school. The teachers are great..well some of them. I think if youre kinda having doubts about going to this school..well dont. Its a great school. :)

Posted October 14, 2008

My daughter is a senior at Trimble Tech this year. She has been able to have a very enriched educatiohn. She is in the Health and Sciences Technology program and knows exactly what field in Health that she wants to get into after volunteering at a hospital last year. The school has encouraged her to take AP classes to be more ready for college. She is #1 in her class and has been for the 4 years she has attended. The teachers, councelors and Principal and all the othr staff have been very encouraging to her and helped her to structure her education for her future.

Posted September 25, 2008

I'm just a Freshman in Tech, but already I'm enjoying it. So many different kind of people. I love JROTC! It's a good oppritunity to meet with the upper classmen. Overall this school is great. Expect another review from me when I graduate.

Posted July 7, 2008

I am a graduate of 2008. I enjoyed the school, teachers, opportunities and peers. If I had children I would be confident that they would have the materials that they need at this school. The body of the school is its staff and students, we are what makes this school so great. It is not easy but its what makes you that step further than others. I am also proud to say that during our graduation we were told that we made a record of the most graduates graduating with a Recommended Diploma:D

Posted May 28, 2008

I graduated from Trimble on 2007 and oh my God, I enjoyed it, I had so much fun and I learned so much. I am glad I went to Tech

Posted May 28, 2008

This school is wonderful!

Posted May 6, 2008

I am a very proud student at Trimble Tech High School I would gladly tell you that this school is the best. Are teachers are excellent and the peers are great. I should know im a former 9th grader.This may be hard at first but after you meet your pricipal and teachers everything is great.Just expect to get lost the first day of school.... Lol :)

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

420 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 70% in 2011.

424 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 91% in 2011.

412 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 76% in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 93% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 95% in 2013.

432 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 89% in 2013.

437 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 95% in 2013.

436 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 98% in 2013.

437 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students99%

Black or African American100%
Hispanic100%
Economically disadvantaged99%

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "Academically Acceptable".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Recognized".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "Academically Acceptable".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 78% in 2013.

340 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 97% in 2013.

164 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 85% in 2013.

501 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Chemistry

The state average for Chemistry was 84% in 2013.

474 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I Reading

The state average for English I Reading was 65% in 2013.

391 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I Writing

The state average for English I Writing was 48% in 2013.

424 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II Reading

The state average for English II Reading was 78% in 2013.

475 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II Writing

The state average for English II Writing was 52% in 2013.

487 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English III Reading

The state average for English III Reading was 63% in 2013.

270 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English III Writing

The state average for English III Writing was 42% in 2013.

156 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 86% in 2013.

463 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Physics

The state average for Physics was 81% in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 73% in 2013.

World Geography

The state average for World Geography was 75% in 2013.

524 students were tested at this school in 2013.

World History

The state average for World History was 70% in 2013.

474 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

Beginning teachers 0%N/AN/A
Source: Civil Rights Data Collection, 2011-2012

Teacher resources

Music teacher(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

School start time
  • 8:00 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Omar Ramos
Fax number
  • (817) 815-2550

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Adult education

• Spanish
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered

Staff resources available to students
  • Music teacher(s)
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
Extra learning resources offered
  • Counseling
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)
Transportation options