Waverly Park Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 794 students

Posted April 25, 2014

It's sad.....we have a WONDERFUL first year at Waverly park..... (the kinder teachers are AMAZING) The first part of our second year was amazing as well!! HOWEVER, the last few months have been terrible!!! Terrible to the point that I actually took my children out of the school with only 6 weeks left. The staff for the most part are very friendly. it only take a few bad apples to ruin the whole batch. I'm sad to say we found the bad ones! There was an incident that happened were I felt the need to go and talk with the vice principle. When i told her what had happened she looked me straight in the eye and told me "now you know that didn't happen" when I confirmed that it absolutely did and I had proof of it she told me she would speak with the teacher. But asked me to please keep this between us. It was completely swept under the rug from what I can tell. She never got back to me to tell me what had happen or the steps that were taken to take care of it. it was horribly unsettling! If they swept this under the rug what else are they hiding??

Posted January 24, 2014

We left Waverly when my youngest son was in K-grade, feeling frustrated with my 1st graders elderly teacher who was very stern & showed no love our affection for her class. Every day it was another reason why my he was in trouble when he had NEVER been in trouble the prior 2yrs there.We home schooled until the following year in which we enrolled at Como Montessori.We stayed there a yr, having to change each son to different teachers. One was very cold, the other just a bully who didn't allow him to go to the restroom & told him he could just poop on himself! Which he did after he couldn't hold it.All of this was swept under the rug.We have now been back at Waverly for our second school year with a new principal who is much more personable, and have been blessed with great teachers! Teachers who I requested this year for my youngest to move up to!Every school has its problems, but Waverly finally has staff who really care about the welfare & growth of its students. We've had some struggles & they have done everything to work thru them with us. I am very happy.TY, Brown & Carroll team, Vitale, Bodiford, Ferris team, Mrs Jennings, and Mrs Bedford (& last year's Burnett & Wallis team)!

Posted September 26, 2013

I would like to rate the school experience but my daughter will not be attending til 2014. But if the office experience I had shows how the school is then it is really poor. I just wanted to get papers to get my grandchild ready for the next year--to know what she needs to learn. The front desk ladies argued with me that my child was too young to attend--sad they don't have pre-k here. I explained clearly all I needed and my need to have her prepared when she attended next year. Took quite awhile to get across my point and by the time I was with papers in hand and leaving I was more upset and flustered then when I first came in. I have no choice to bring her here--so hopefully the school will be better but per prior reviews I have seen here and other places I don't think it will be the school for her.

Posted January 13, 2013

One of the best schools in America the teachers are nice the students are behaved it is just perfect

Posted July 16, 2012

This school lacks an inviting environment. Teachers rarely greet you and some are plain rude and aggressive. Parent involvement is unheard of. I would never recommend this school to anyone.

Posted December 13, 2011

All 4 of our daughters have attended this school. The first one started when she was 3 and in the deaf ed program. It was amazing how much she learned and how well she developed her communication skills. Our other 3 children did just as well and our youngest 2 are still attending 1st & 4th grades. In total, we've been there for 10 yrs so we've become very familiar with the administration and teachers, the PTA, and all the social events. The teachers are dedicated and caring; they really want to help the kids achieve their best. We only had one problem with a teacher because she was a bit timid for our oldest who had ADHD, but that didn't present too big an issue. Overall, our experience with Waverly Park has been exceptional. It's just too bad all schools can't be as wonderful.

Posted August 9, 2011

To the mom who needs the deaf resources, my friend went through alot of negative things at Waverly Park & moved her son to Benbrook Elementary where they work with his needs personally, make sure he has the equipment he needs & they are very positive from walking in the door to the teachers, principal, etc. My kids also attended there & we enjoyed everything about it. Parents have rights in FWISD in order to take care of their kids.

Posted August 7, 2011

My daughter will be attending this school for the second year. We did have some issues last year with the office personal, who do not seem to communicate between each other. My daughter was taken from her class and put into a different class after a month, which was terrifying for her, to lower the student teacher ratio. I had issues with this teacher all year long but they refused to move her. The curriculum was amazing, my daughter could read at a 2nd grade level by the end of the year. We had research and visited other fort worth schools and found this one to be the best overall.

Posted March 25, 2011

Waverly Park has got to be the WORST school ever!If it wasnt for it being the regional day school for the deaf,my child would never attend this place.The staff are very unfriendly.For example,I take my child to school late weekly because he has a weekly appt and when I walk up the campus monitor simply turns his head and doesnt speak.He is the 1st person I see when walking on this campus and he does this every week.The office staff are a bunch of incompetent imbeciles,who dont know up from down.The teachers act as if Im not supposed to be there when I walk into the class.I absolutely hate this place.Im definitely looking into other options for my child.

Posted March 22, 2011

A very professional school. We like it so far. My daughter could use a bit clearer instruction, and attention to her weak areas.. My son's teacher seems to be interested in his personal needs and potential. I'm pleased to see that the counselors are employing Love and Logic techiniques. I hope that all of the school officials receive as much exposure to those techniques as is practicable.

Posted August 13, 2010

EXCELLENT and just Wonderful!!! This will be the 3rd year my daughter has attended Waverly Park El. and she is excited and happy to be returning. We love that the Teahers are supportive of all their students and the Principals are supportive of their Teachers. You always find a Principal in the hallway, walking through the school and checking in on the classrooms. We do wish there was after achool progams, many parents and students would benefit and it would boost the overall moral of the school.

Posted May 6, 2010

We love Waverly Park. The teachers and staff are great, student - Teacher ratio is perfect and they provide good food and lots of activites! And they make the kids enjoy PE!

Posted April 26, 2010

My daughter has been a student of Waverly Park for three years. Waverly Park is an excellent school. The teachers are on top of each student needs. The principal and her staff are wonderful. The teachers and the administration have an energy that seems to float around the school. Everytime you go into the school, you feel excited about learning.

Posted April 18, 2010

Waverly Park is full of wonderful teachers who care and encourage all of their students.

Posted January 11, 2010

Great Teachers! Administration and office staff leave much to be desired. No after school activities to increase student moral. A little fun every now and then never hurt anyone. This will most likely be my kiddos last year at this school.

Posted October 5, 2009

This school meets the needs of a diverse student body with exemplary results. The school has pre-K classes through 5th grade and a deaf education program. Everything is organized, and everyone knows what is happening and when. The principal stays on top of everything and everyone. She seems to know exactly what is happening at all times. She also knows all of the 800 students and their parents by name and she knows how each student is progressing. She is very involved and the parents and teachers love her!

Posted October 5, 2009

Waverly Park teaches the individual student rather than the average kid and that is a rare thing in today's public schools.

Posted October 4, 2009

This is a great school! It is the only school in Fort Worth that has consistently been exemplary since they started doing the ratings! It has an excellent, experienced principal who received an award both nationally and from the state legislature this year recognizing her achievements at this school. Her organization at all levels is reflected by the organization of the teachers. Homework is thought out ahead of time by the teachers as a team. Lessons are part of units planned in advance by the teachers as a team. The chldren are not overwhelmed by homework, but they are challenged on a daily basis at an individual level. Respect and responsibility are key values cherished by both staff and students. We are very happy here.

Posted October 4, 2009

We love the amazing faculty and administrators! Even though this school is overcrowded, the principal and her team manage every aspect of school quite effectively!

Posted September 10, 2009

We have been very impressed by this school! The teachers and administration are very friendly and require the students to do their work. In short, they are teaching my child responsibility and he is learning!! We are so excited! And my child is very happy here.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

110 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2011.

109 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2011.

132 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 88% in 2011.

133 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 90% in 2011.

130 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 82% in 2011.

108 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2011.

108 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 87% in 2011.

106 students were tested at this school in 2011.

All Students97%

Not special education100%
Proficient in English100%
Non-migrant100%

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 79% in 2013.

97 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

88 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 72% in 2013.

116 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 68% in 2013.

115 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 71% in 2013.

111 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 77% in 2013.

111 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 75% in 2013.

114 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 73% in 2013.

112 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students87%

Not special education90%
Proficient in English91%
Non-Gifted89%

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "Recognized".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Exemplary".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "Exemplary".

Asian or Pacific Islander 1% 4%

• VALORIE BEDFORD
Fax number
  • (817) 815-6750

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now