Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

The Teachers are great!! This school is getting better and better! Our kids have attended this school for years and have really excelled.

This is one of the worst school I ever went to when I was in keningarden and 1st grade and I was not treated very good by the teachers because I was deaf.

We have been very happy with the Teachers at Waverly Park Elementary school. They care about their kids. The Staff is welcoming and nice. The PTA is always coming up with ways to improve the school.

There is something wrong with this school the teachers I could say only 2 or three from kindergarten to 3 grade are ok with kids the rest is like they are forced to be there everyday the vice principal was never helpful either the principal and aloof other so think they need help more then the kids do this school needs to be looked in to and I really mean it they were not helpful with a problem that I had with my daughter at all they made me go through hell if anyone has the same issue then it should really be looked into I am serious they don't know how to help u or ur kid I think they are making the kids go insane I mean look at the school first of all they have changed barely anything in that school for as long as I remember this school needs to be looked in to it

Develops character: Disagree

i just don't from what I have seen the years that my child went there and seen the school it's not there

It's sad.....we have a WONDERFUL first year at Waverly park..... (the kinder teachers are AMAZING) The first part of our second year was amazing as well!! HOWEVER, the last few months have been terrible!!! Terrible to the point that I actually took my children out of the school with only 6 weeks left. The staff for the most part are very friendly. it only take a few bad apples to ruin the whole batch. I'm sad to say we found the bad ones! There was an incident that happened were I felt the need to go and talk with the vice principle. When i told her what had happened she looked me straight in the eye and told me "now you know that didn't happen" when I confirmed that it absolutely did and I had proof of it she told me she would speak with the teacher. But asked me to please keep this between us. It was completely swept under the rug from what I can tell. She never got back to me to tell me what had happen or the steps that were taken to take care of it. it was horribly unsettling! If they swept this under the rug what else are they hiding??

We left Waverly when my youngest son was in K-grade, feeling frustrated with my 1st graders elderly teacher who was very stern & showed no love our affection for her class. Every day it was another reason why my he was in trouble when he had NEVER been in trouble the prior 2yrs there.We home schooled until the following year in which we enrolled at Como Montessori.We stayed there a yr, having to change each son to different teachers. One was very cold, the other just a bully who didn't allow him to go to the restroom & told him he could just poop on himself! Which he did after he couldn't hold it.All of this was swept under the rug.We have now been back at Waverly for our second school year with a new principal who is much more personable, and have been blessed with great teachers! Teachers who I requested this year for my youngest to move up to!Every school has its problems, but Waverly finally has staff who really care about the welfare & growth of its students. We've had some struggles & they have done everything to work thru them with us. I am very happy.TY, Brown & Carroll team, Vitale, Bodiford, Ferris team, Mrs Jennings, and Mrs Bedford (& last year's Burnett & Wallis team)!

I would like to rate the school experience but my daughter will not be attending til 2014. But if the office experience I had shows how the school is then it is really poor. I just wanted to get papers to get my grandchild ready for the next year--to know what she needs to learn. The front desk ladies argued with me that my child was too young to attend--sad they don't have pre-k here. I explained clearly all I needed and my need to have her prepared when she attended next year. Took quite awhile to get across my point and by the time I was with papers in hand and leaving I was more upset and flustered then when I first came in. I have no choice to bring her here--so hopefully the school will be better but per prior reviews I have seen here and other places I don't think it will be the school for her.

One of the best schools in America the teachers are nice the students are behaved it is just perfect

This school lacks an inviting environment. Teachers rarely greet you and some are plain rude and aggressive. Parent involvement is unheard of. I would never recommend this school to anyone.

Last modified Waverly Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.