Fort Worth, TX

Wedgwood Middle School 4

Posted August 17, 2014
Most of the negative reviews that I've read on here have to do with student behavior. They are from parents blaming the school. Behavior is first learned at home. If parents don't teach their children to behave well and respect adults, don't expect the teachers and staff to do that job for you. I've worked with children with behavioral issues for more than 15 years. One of the biggest issues I've run into with children with poor behavior is that the parents refuse to accept responsibility for raising their own children and want other adults, such as, teachers, principals and eventually probation officers to do that job for them.

Wedgwood Middle School 3

Posted April 25, 2014
I can give this school a 3 star only because my child is in the special education department. I love the teacher and love the aide. I would not recommend this school to anyone who thinks there child should go for general education.

Posted April 02, 2014
Horrible. So glad my son is almost out of what he calls "Wedghood". It truly is like a prison on lockdown as someone else stated. Fights are an everyday thing, and after asking staff why my son never has homework, I was told in not so many words that they feel most of the students wont do it anyway so they just avoid the extra paperwork. Office staff is extremely unreliable and irresponsible. I go directly to the counselor if I ever need accurate information. I certainly cant afford private school for my younger children, but a move out of this ghetto school district is highly likely.

Posted September 19, 2013
This is a terrible school. Our kid went to Shulkey, then WW 6th, but the Middle school is terrible. Our kid was told by more than one teacher "I don't care about your grades, I get paid no matter what you make." And most of the kids don't care about grades, etc. Drugs, fights, and kids talking about suicide are regular, daily issues there. We moved out of Fort Worth because of this school. If you can get away from this school, do it!

Posted August 01, 2013
I would not send my dog to that school or FWISD! It is full of thugs and drugs. The students know they can get away with anything and do! The teachers work their butts off but don't get the support needed from the building's administration or from the district. We left Ft. Worth on purpose so our children would not attend that school. It is a bigger issue than outsiders think!!!

Posted May 15, 2013
If you're wanting to send you're child to this school, you should read this. Although there's very little respect for adults here, allot of drama and very few students caring about their grades and studies, this school is great in many ways including the athletics department. The coaches bond with the students and care for them, they also show them team work. The team bonds very good too and forms a brother hood. Also their band is excellent, all the members bond like a family and the band is very good. So if you're wanting to send your child to this school I recommend for them to join a sport, club, or the band this will help them put more effort into their studies since they must pass all their classes to participate in these programs. This school is a bit like a prison but if you're child stays on the right track,and out of trouble, he/she should be fine.

Posted January 24, 2013
I don't know where to start to start. Wedgwood middle school is an awful place for a child. There are girl fights and boy fights daily. My son attended WEDGWOOD in 2012, and played football. The sports program was the best part of this school. However the academics where severely lacking, especially the English dept. They never pushed the kids to read or write and there was never any homework. I visited my child's classes on several occasions, every time the classes where loud and unorganized. I actually felt sorry for the teachers!

Posted December 16, 2010
Let me just say: The school is like a prison, it's on lock down at all times. Before school. During school. After school. The students are out of control, not the staffs fault, but they are. I have two students attending the school because we live in the area. They have a good staff who tries hard and does the best that they can, but the students are out of control (again). I would send my student(s) to a different school if I could. The leadership at the school is lacking the ability to transform the culture of the school into one that is lively and student centered. I just feel sorry for students who attend this school including my own and I can't change our situation right now. Go to the school and visit before school, during school, and after. You will see.

Wedgwood Middle School 5

Posted October 05, 2010
This is a very good school!! I recommend this school to everyone. All the Teachers are good at helping their students. They make sure the student will successful!!

Posted December 06, 2009

Wedgwood Middle School
3909 Wilkie Way, Fort Worth, TX  76133
Last modified Wedgwood Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wedgwood Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top