Bad
Good

I have a Kindergartner and a 2nd grader at ALC and I could not be happier with this school. The teachers and staff are amazing and my kids love it here!!

I love the fact that the ACALC teaches students to be independent thinkers and collaborative learners. The group work my 4th grade granddaughter does is purposeful and closely supervised. They become confident about the way they learn and what they know. My granddaughter loves to read and write, and I attribute that to the fact that even as kindergartners, Alice Carlson students are encouraged to write. Sure, their writing is filled with mechanical, spelling, and grammatical errors, but those guidelines will come into play as they move through school. As it is, they see writing as a mode of self-expression.

Alice Carlson is a great school, all of the teachers are nice and helpful to everyone, for example, I need help and the teachers will try their hardest to explan what the student doesnt get, or if i need help finding a teacher or my class the will help you find what you are looking for. I like that they teach social skills and some schools don't, also you get to have at least 1 specials a day! I think my school can improve by have science more in grades k-4 and maybe doing some more hands-on projects. Also having more media time like 1h instead on 45m.

I cannot say enough how much I love ALC. I have a daughter who goes there and she has made tremendous progress in the first six weeks in K already. She hated reading and now she is reading by herself for the most part and loves to read. Personally I think Angela Tuttle is the best K teacher at ALC. Of course I don't have any experience with the other teachers but I am so grateful that our daughter is in Angela's class. We love her, and the school and are so happy that we were accepted.

The staff of Alice Carlson has created a place where students belong to a community of learners. My granddaughter has learned independence and accountability. She has been encouraged to grow and learn. The hands-on philosophy inherent in applied learning has encouraged students to be confident and thoughtful. The garden behind the school provides a safe place for students to learn during the school day and play after school -- In May, first-graders formed a butterfly club and chased butterflies every afternoon after school -- with all butterflies released before they left for home. My granddaughter's teacher was firm and supportive; she expected good behavior from her students so that no one would interfere with learning in the classroom. The halls of the school are seldom empty: students may be doing group-work around a table, or two kindergartners may be taking a message to the office, or a teacher may be giving a student extra help. All are focused; I have yet to see a behavior problem in the halls. The support staff is also hands-on and helpful, from expecting good behavior in the cafeteria to making announcements as cheerful and interesting as possible.

We love this school. The teachers and administration are amazing. Our son attended another Fort Worth school that is highly rated nearby and Alice Carlson has blown them out of the water. Public schools teach specifically to the TAKS test, this school teaches far beyond tests. We are so thankful we were accepted here!!!!

We were so thankful when our kindergardener got into this school. We had heard all great things. We have been very pleased with the environment, the education, the teachers, and activities. They make a plan for each student and my daughter's teacher Mr. Joey is excellent. He's very focused on the kids' education.

My little sister is in kindergarten, the leaps she has made since the beginning of the year are exceptional!

Diverse, super program, great care for kids

Their school is wonderful because of it's diversity, friendly teachers and it's student lead style of learning.... It is definitely an awesome school

Last modified Alice Carlson Applied Learning Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.