Fort Worth, TX

West Handley Elementary School 1

Posted August 01, 2014
I WILL NOT BE PUTTING MY SON IN WEST HANDLEY FOR HIS 2ND GRADE SCHOOL YR. WE MOVED TO FTW LAST YR FROM WEST TEXAS. THIS SCHOOL IS SO UNORGANIZED, THEY SEND NOTICES ABOUT UPCOMING EVENTS LITERALLY ONE DAY BEFORE. HOW DOES THIS GIVE ME ENOUGH TIME IN ADVANCED TO GET PREPARED? MY SON'S TEACHER WOULD STILL CALL HIM BY THE WRONG NAME BY THE END OF THE YR, ACCUSE HIM OF STEALING HER PENCILS JUST BECAUSE I HAD BOUGHT HIM THE EXACT SAME KIND, THE LIBRARIAN ACCUSED HIM OF LOSING A BOOK AND FINED HIM WHEN I EXPLAINED HE TURNED IT IN...THEN LATER SHE FOUND IT. I MEAN THE LIST GOES ON AND ON!

West Handley Elementary School 5

Posted January 27, 2009

West Handley Elementary School 5

Posted May 08, 2006
I have 4 girls that attend West Handley. One will be graduating this year from 5th grade and has attended West Handley since Pre-K. The teachers and staff are very supportive and take care of my girls as if they were there own. My 3rd and 5th grader both scored high on the taks test thanks to the excellent curriculum offered. There lessons throughout the year were challenging and fun. There is an after school program that is available for the first time this year and all of my girls attended. It saved me money on daycare and it gave them time to be with friends, do their homework and be creative. I am very grateful for the open door policy. I know that I am always welcome to visit my kids and talk to the teachers if I should have any concerns. The West Handley staff and teachers have become a 2nd family to me and my girls. My youngest girl is 11 months now and will attend pre-k in 2009. I have to say, I m looking forward to another 7 years with West Handley Elementary.

West Handley Elementary School
2749 Putnam Street, Fort Worth, TX  76112
Last modified West Handley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Handley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top