Bad
Good

The GOOD: at the time I attended the school, they were worked hard to improve building facilities and hired many young teachers, many of whom worked earnestly to assist and motivate the students to succeed (or, at the least, to do their work.) The science and math teachers seemed especially committed to working with the students to help them understand challenging concepts (one of whom was, surprisingly, a coach.) They also offered a wide range of AP and honors courses including physics, calculus, english, and psychology. I had a great time in drama. Of course you had a few teachers who didn't seem to care or who seemed so intellectually dense you wondered how THEY ever managed to graduate, but I would say that they were not the majority. Lastly I will say that I believe your ability to receive a decent education at this school lies mainly within you (or your child's) motivation to actually learn. There were opportunities to take more challenging coursework and to receive one-on-one help from willing teachers, but it's not like a private school where the kids are miraculously shoehorned into models of success and achievement. Again, it all comes down to intrinsic motivation.

your child has to work to hard to succeed your child has to work to hard to succeed your child has to work to hard to succeed

my daughter transfered from the Crowley ISD, Were the teachers did not care about the students passing or giving tutoring. They hired these first year teachers that have no idea of how to teacher high schoolers and they were more concerned with their own personal lives during class instead of teaching and helping the kids that had difficulty learning.My daughter is now a honor roll student has all the help possible and I am greatful to SHHS.

If you want your child to have a strong academic future south hills is NOT your school.

All I have to say about this school is students who post anything good about the environment are blind as to what a normal functioning school is. And parents that believe that this school is a good place for there child must not know everything that goes on. Good and well being teachers and other staff doesn't always mean there's good environment.

I am a senior here and I love it. The enivroment is something you want for your child. Everyone needs to realize that all schools are going to have dicipline problems were just the school everyone picks on. I mean every school in the fort worth isd has issues. We are just one that gets thrown down for it. The kids work really hard for what they want. And everything is getting bigger and better as i have turned into a senior. And i wouldnt have choosen anywhere else to go. The teachers work hard to make sure you pass. And the AP classes here are to die for there tough. But like i said before the teachers are really commited to making a diffrence in these kids lifes.

I am a student here at south hills high school and LOVE IT. Really I wouldnt go anywhere else. I mean there is not the normal groups that every other high school has. Here the teachers acually CARE about the future of the students.

This school us up and coming! Look out Fort Worth South Hills is getting stronger and stonger. South Hills is like one big family. I know there has been many negative talk about SHHS, but a lot of changes have been made and the school is improving. Proud to be a SHHS mom!

I am a 9th grade student that is attending South Hills High School and this school is a great place where students can communicate while getting the education needed to have a successful life. There is many great programs that I am in that can help me get in to collage and that help me with homework and at the same time I get rewarded for my time there. So I believe that South Hills High School is a school where the students can chose their own future!

I went to this school for my 9th grade year,it was horrible... no discipline, and I needed it then, I would skip classes all day long, the security wouldnt say anything but ask if we were and walk on...even if we told them we were skipping!! I needed so much help with some subjects and never got it from the teacher, kids there were rude and discrepectful to other, always talking rudely about people. Again I would not put your kids in this school unless you dont expect a future for them

Last modified South Hills High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.