No rating

Holy Family Catholic School

Private | PK-8

Living in Fort Worth

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $198,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $770.

Posted August 23, 2013

We love Holy Family Catholic School. We moved to the area last year and my middle school daughter was welcomed with open arms by the kids and staff. She was behind in one subject and the teacher spent over an hour each week after school tutoring her (and anyone else who needed help). The strong faith of the staff is apparent in every interaction I have had with them. The kids are kind and respectful. The strong emphasis on reading and critical thinking in the upper grades is refreshing.

Posted August 7, 2013

My son went there, it was 100% better than the public schools. My only complaint is that it doesn't go through 12th grade. The teachers were nice, the students were nice and the parents were nice.

Posted June 17, 2013

How about these facts from someone that is still there.... While it is true the 2012-2013 school year did see some turnover in principal, and teachers, this school still remains above average and a quality school. My 2 children (6th,8th) love this school. This school is made up of great teachers and parents, it is the community and family atmosphere that brings it all together. Are there areas for improvement? Absolutely, but what organization doesn't need improvement. Choosing the right school is all about how does it fit with your family. HFCS fits for us. Check it out, check out the families, you wont be disappointed.

Posted May 14, 2013

Here are some facts: There are no 2nd or 6th grade teachers - students are being taught by subs, Science/History teacher was recently removed for inappropriate behavior, the principal was recently removed, the interm principal was the 6th grade teacher - she is currently working on her degree, donations and volunteers from families are at an all time low, calls to the Diocese start with "are you calling about Holy Family?" My point is visit the school and ask questions. What was once a great school is no longer.

Posted April 23, 2013

I am very surprised to find the number of negative comments on this site given to Holy Family. We had all four of our children attend Holy Family from Kindergarten to the eighth grade and overall were very pleased with the experience. I guess they, Holy Family, need to do a better job managing new student expectations. Their Mission statement is very clear that it is a Catholic school and that it teaches the faith along with academics. It is correct that as a small private school, it does not offer all the tools that the local ISD does, and that the facilities are not top rate. (In my opinion, they are great now when compared to what my kids had). My kids went on to Nolan Catholic High School and all to Texas A&M where they enjoyed continued success. I would say that the foundation they got at Holy Family played a major role in that success. I would also say that the school's success rents not only on the faculty and administration but also on caring, engaged and participating parents and students. It is what YOU make it.

Posted January 17, 2013

This a great school. We've been there over 6 years and it's a great community and academic place for children and famlies.

Posted January 17, 2013

We have been at HFCS for 11 years. The families are what make our school so special. I have seen the families rally around families with illnesses and help them in any way that they can. Our oldest child has moved on to high school and is thriving. The academics are challenging. The children receive an excellent base as they move on to the next phase in their life both academically and spiritually.

Posted December 21, 2012

This school is terrible! Completely judgmental and fast to shun the parents that don't agree with the religion. I read on some of the comments "don't put your kid in a catholic school". Well, guess they never thought about divorced parents! Some people don't have a choice in the matter although they should when its something like this. Religion has no place in schools and a kid should never be put through the kind of forced religious views and hatred they teach. The schools music and program departments are awful. No sports, to much homework, no need in the same homework day in and day out in my opinion. My other kids go to public schools and are far more happy and actually learning at a much higher level, than my kid at holy family. The academic level from everything I've seen is much lower than public. Parents out there please don't put your kids through this, it IS NOT fair to them. Let them make their own choices or they will end up rebeling and ending up far worse anyways. Leave religion at home and church if you choose and I warn not to go against the other parents religion or the kids will most likely end up pushing toward the openminded side!

Posted December 15, 2012

We have multiple children at the school. Overall, the school offers an academically challenging, emotionally supportive and well-disciplined environment. Our experience at Holy Family has been consistent with what we expected from a Catholic school. Children are expected to treat one another respectfully. Parents are expected to participate in their children's education and assist with discipline. Religion is an integral part of the curriculum. Teachers and staff have been wonderful to work with. We have treasured our experience there and would recommend the school to anyone considering it.

Posted November 26, 2012

This is the fifth year my two children have been at Holy Family. I am not Catholic. I want to state firmly that I have never (in five years) felt so much as a negative vibe from anyone at the school due to my not being catholic, or for any other reason for that matter. Furthermore, my wife & I are friends with dozens of other parents at Holy Family, many of them non-Catholics, & not once, not one single time, have I heard of someone being treated badly or "discriminated" against for anything, least of all because of their faith. Not at our school. I guess I should apologize for clinging to logic here, but if you are offended because teaching Christian morals & values is part of the curriculum, I'm thinking maybe you shouldn't enroll your child at a school with CATHOLIC in its name. Especially if you consider Catholicism "outdated". If you don't get the premise at HF, minimal research on your part should reveal plenty of schools in the area that don't use words like "faith" or "christian" & won't irk you with those icky old morals & values. Awful part of town? Actually, there's this neighborhood right behind the school called Westover Hills. You should check it out.

Posted November 9, 2012

I agree with the other parents. HFCS has got to be the worst private elementary school in Fort Worth. The teachers and staff are very judgmental and a bunch of hypocrites. They allow children to be bullied and turn their backs, and they show favoritism in the classroom. They also talk down to the parents in the most disrespectful of ways and rob the students of their self esteem. It is so sad, and little can be done to change things because the diocese ignores parents concerns. They do not even follow up with parents and leave you wondering,what, if anything is being done. While I love my catholic faith, I will never return to catholic schools. Catholic schools need to practice what they preach!

Posted May 2, 2012

The academics are wonderful. My daughter is doing 2nd-3rd grade math in the 1st grade and is reading fluently. If your child has learning difficulties, this school is not the school for him or her. More importantly, it's a religiously-driven school. I'm thankful that they are unapologetic about that. I haven't witnessed or heard about any intolerance toward a non-Catholic, but maybe I'm out of the loop. However, Catholic schools, as private institutions, have a right to teach their beliefs. If you do not want your child exposed to these beliefs or encouraged to take part in them, then do not send them to a Catholic school. It would be a shame for a 2000 year old tradition as rich as Catholicism to cave to the secularism that pervades our society. So, unlike the other posters here, I say, "Bravo to HFCS." We send our daughter here to be formed in the faith we are bringing her up in at home, and Holy Family has been a wonderful partnership for us. However, the school is not without its faults, in my opinion. There are repairs needed (both in the church and the school). What's needed is a parish-wide capital campaign to make this school as great externally as it is internally.

Posted April 4, 2012

Wow I was reading a couple of reviews and I have to agree with these parents. I too was discriminated against for not being the catholic faith. I understand what these people are going through, it's a hard thing to be envolved in. I wish them luck! When you have a school working against one side, trying to exclude them and such. It is very stressful on the children and it's ashame that places like this get away with that behavior. I also agree the school is ran down while the church next to it gets larger and larger. Schools are there to teach important things that will help in life with work and college. They should not be there to preach a religion that was outdated a long long time ago. Hypocrites that sit there and judge parents who love their kids, goes against that dusty old book they probably never bothered to read.

Posted April 1, 2012

This is a terrible school, first of all they invade in every way on personal life's. They choose sides of parents they like and parents they don't. Other than that the work is to advanced for some kids and if a kid is struggling they force him to be at the parent teacher conferences while they talk down on them. It's very sad to watch your kids head fall down and down ashamed of what the teachers saying about him. This is happening as low as kindergarten and I think the first years of a kids life should be positive and not terrifying. There is also nobody you can speak to that's not affiliated with the church, which doesn't help if they know your not catholic. They lost my child on several occasions and cps won't investigate and not will the other agencies. This is scary do to the awful part of town it's in. After I called about this problem I was pretty much told its a matter of opinion they lost him. Well most people would agree I'm sure when you goto pick your child up from school and it takes them 20 minutes to find him they weren't keeping up with them right. Sports are not thought of and uniforms are tacky. I would warn anyone thinking of enrolling your kid, NOT to!

Posted April 1, 2012

Need background schooling before starting in kindergarden. They takeoff too fast and requires a lot of homework ona nightly badis compared to other school (everynight there is homework) teachers do not involve you in childs academics unkess "they are concerned" thats the onky notes they can write on homework. Thy expect too much out of such small kids and move too fast for them to keep up. Not a school irecommend at all. Too much emphasis is out inoi religion and not enough on the basic ABC's. The teachers dont know how to teach andanyconcerns brought forward arent addressed. Go to a public school, there are more resources available, and more time to soend with the kids.

Posted April 1, 2012

The building is out of date, and parking lot needs repaved. Sports - there isnt many, most focus is religious and not academic. Requires mass involvement, teachers are unwilling to help any child that is behind academicalyy. Terrible!

Posted October 4, 2010

Excellent. All around greatness. I could not be happier! Very strong academics, and spiritual guidance.

Posted June 11, 2009

Moved to Holy Family from another private school. Disciplinary problems are handled immediately. Academics are very good. Very strong religious education. Cannot say enough good things about this school.

Posted May 31, 2009

Both of my children go to Holy Family and we love it! It has improved over the years, the Principal is wonderful, and extracurricular activities have improved tremendously. Parent involvement is second to none. This school has a very healthy environment...discipline and academic. The dances are great...the whole family can attend, and the kids really do care about one another. Academics are challenging in a very good way. They set high standards for the students and it shows when they go on to Nolan in the 9th grade. Students will leave Holy Family being more than prepared for high school work. I can't say enough wonderful things about Holy Family

Posted July 6, 2008

All of my children attended HFS. The best part was the friends they made, though few stayed to 8th grade. There was a dark side with politics and no accountability above the principal, an apparent issue with other FW Catholic schools. One principal had arbitrary issues with economic and racial diversity. One parent described it as a 'teacher's school' with emphasis on the employees first. Dispite parent complaints, the pastor lacked the leadership to chanllenge the prinipal. Most parents quietly left and some tragically left the faith while we all just looked the other way. That principal is gone, but the pastor remains as of 2008. Accountability above the principal would help to make this and other FW Catholic schools truly great schools.

Asian or Pacific Islander 4% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Ft. Worth

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

6146 Pershing Avenue