Fort Worth, TX

Posted August 23, 2013
We love Holy Family Catholic School. We moved to the area last year and my middle school daughter was welcomed with open arms by the kids and staff. She was behind in one subject and the teacher spent over an hour each week after school tutoring her (and anyone else who needed help). The strong faith of the staff is apparent in every interaction I have had with them. The kids are kind and respectful. The strong emphasis on reading and critical thinking in the upper grades is refreshing.

Posted August 07, 2013
My son went there, it was 100% better than the public schools. My only complaint is that it doesn't go through 12th grade. The teachers were nice, the students were nice and the parents were nice.

Holy Family Catholic School 4

Posted June 17, 2013
How about these facts from someone that is still there.... While it is true the 2012-2013 school year did see some turnover in principal, and teachers, this school still remains above average and a quality school. My 2 children (6th,8th) love this school. This school is made up of great teachers and parents, it is the community and family atmosphere that brings it all together. Are there areas for improvement? Absolutely, but what organization doesn't need improvement. Choosing the right school is all about how does it fit with your family. HFCS fits for us. Check it out, check out the families, you wont be disappointed.

Holy Family Catholic School 1

Posted May 14, 2013
Here are some facts: There are no 2nd or 6th grade teachers - students are being taught by subs, Science/History teacher was recently removed for inappropriate behavior, the principal was recently removed, the interm principal was the 6th grade teacher - she is currently working on her degree, donations and volunteers from families are at an all time low, calls to the Diocese start with "are you calling about Holy Family?" My point is visit the school and ask questions. What was once a great school is no longer.

Posted April 23, 2013
I am very surprised to find the number of negative comments on this site given to Holy Family. We had all four of our children attend Holy Family from Kindergarten to the eighth grade and overall were very pleased with the experience. I guess they, Holy Family, need to do a better job managing new student expectations. Their Mission statement is very clear that it is a Catholic school and that it teaches the faith along with academics. It is correct that as a small private school, it does not offer all the tools that the local ISD does, and that the facilities are not top rate. (In my opinion, they are great now when compared to what my kids had). My kids went on to Nolan Catholic High School and all to Texas A&M where they enjoyed continued success. I would say that the foundation they got at Holy Family played a major role in that success. I would also say that the school's success rents not only on the faculty and administration but also on caring, engaged and participating parents and students. It is what YOU make it.

Posted January 17, 2013
This a great school. We've been there over 6 years and it's a great community and academic place for children and famlies.

Posted January 17, 2013
We have been at HFCS for 11 years. The families are what make our school so special. I have seen the families rally around families with illnesses and help them in any way that they can. Our oldest child has moved on to high school and is thriving. The academics are challenging. The children receive an excellent base as they move on to the next phase in their life both academically and spiritually.

Holy Family Catholic School 1

Posted December 21, 2012
This school is terrible! Completely judgmental and fast to shun the parents that don't agree with the religion. I read on some of the comments "don't put your kid in a catholic school". Well, guess they never thought about divorced parents! Some people don't have a choice in the matter although they should when its something like this. Religion has no place in schools and a kid should never be put through the kind of forced religious views and hatred they teach. The schools music and program departments are awful. No sports, to much homework, no need in the same homework day in and day out in my opinion. My other kids go to public schools and are far more happy and actually learning at a much higher level, than my kid at holy family. The academic level from everything I've seen is much lower than public. Parents out there please don't put your kids through this, it IS NOT fair to them. Let them make their own choices or they will end up rebeling and ending up far worse anyways. Leave religion at home and church if you choose and I warn not to go against the other parents religion or the kids will most likely end up pushing toward the openminded side!

Posted December 15, 2012
We have multiple children at the school. Overall, the school offers an academically challenging, emotionally supportive and well-disciplined environment. Our experience at Holy Family has been consistent with what we expected from a Catholic school. Children are expected to treat one another respectfully. Parents are expected to participate in their children's education and assist with discipline. Religion is an integral part of the curriculum. Teachers and staff have been wonderful to work with. We have treasured our experience there and would recommend the school to anyone considering it.

Holy Family Catholic School 4

Posted November 26, 2012
This is the fifth year my two children have been at Holy Family. I am not Catholic. I want to state firmly that I have never (in five years) felt so much as a negative vibe from anyone at the school due to my not being catholic, or for any other reason for that matter. Furthermore, my wife & I are friends with dozens of other parents at Holy Family, many of them non-Catholics, & not once, not one single time, have I heard of someone being treated badly or "discriminated" against for anything, least of all because of their faith. Not at our school. I guess I should apologize for clinging to logic here, but if you are offended because teaching Christian morals & values is part of the curriculum, I'm thinking maybe you shouldn't enroll your child at a school with CATHOLIC in its name. Especially if you consider Catholicism "outdated". If you don't get the premise at HF, minimal research on your part should reveal plenty of schools in the area that don't use words like "faith" or "christian" & won't irk you with those icky old morals & values. Awful part of town? Actually, there's this neighborhood right behind the school called Westover Hills. You should check it out.

Holy Family Catholic School
6146 Pershing Avenue, Fort Worth, TX  76107
Last modified Holy Family Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Holy Family Catholic School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top