No rating

St Andrew Catholic School

Private | PK-8

Living in Fort Worth

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $300,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $900.

Posted August 9, 2014

Mrs. Baker, Mr. Kincannon, and Mrs. LoCoco are the best. Teachers are the heart of every school. This school has a good heart.

Posted March 9, 2014

my school is awesome it has great leadership and most of the kids in it are very mature but my school does not have a very good music program. I would like that to improve next year. the uniforms are very strict. you can not even wear pony tails or hairbands on your wrist. I recommend this school but do hope these things will change next year or I might leave.

Posted February 1, 2014

Saint Andrews is a great school if you are looking for: academics are challenging, the discipline is fair, the environment safe and respectful. I want my kids in an environment with the above!

Posted January 24, 2014

Love this school and community. You and your children will make lifelong friends. The academics are challenging, the discipline is fair, the environment safe and respectful. Your kids will leave this school prepared for any high school in the city.

Posted September 9, 2013

Preschool and Kinder are fine. Beyond that, look real hard at your available public school. Policy changes are not communicated well - often by hearsay and then confirmed later. Principal is aloof. Middle school has most of the problems you think would be limited at a Catholic school. Overall, disappointed.

Posted July 31, 2013

Incredible! The teachers and the staff are amazing. The students are all kind, and learn how to be responsible Christians first and foremost.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted July 31, 2013

This school has done wonders for both my daughter and my son. Before, being in the public school system, they had started getting into trouble. I realized that they were simply not being challanged enough. Not only does St. Andrew's challenge our children, it also challenges us as parents to try harder to understand what our children are going through. They entire school works well together; an actual community full of love.

Posted July 31, 2013

This school has a true hands on approach with each and every student. No one gets lost in the shuffle, and the teachers are wonderfully caring and aware of every one of their students and the parents.

Posted July 7, 2013

Worst decision of our lives to send our young child here. Lots of rules, but not much learning. We left after one year. Be forewarned of over involved parents and ill-qualified teachers. Definitely not a school for out of the box thinkers. Conform and give lots of donations to be average. Not what I would consider "Christian" or " Catholic", more like "give us your money to be average and shut up."

Posted November 1, 2012

This is our 4th year at SAS and we LOVE it! We are so thankful for the new Principle and Assistant Principle. They love their jobs, they love our kids, and they love being in a Catholic environment. They have really stepped up technology with the new SmartBoards in almost all classrooms. You can tell the students are really eager to learn and they are all so well-spoken and curteous. Each year they turn out a very high percentage of Duke Scholars and two Fort Worth high schools have had their valedictorian and/or salutatorian come from SAS. Impressive! The Sait Andrew community is so welcoming. It really feels like a family especially when we all look out for each others kids, help drive carpool, make meals when tragedy strikes, build a community garden to help support our food pantry - the list goes on and on. If you haven't seen SAS before or if it's been a while, you should definitely stop by for a visit and see what's new!

Posted May 30, 2012

I have been a substitute teacher at St. Andrew Catholic School this year. I have a Masters degree and 21 years teaching experience. My experience with St. Andrew's staff and students has been wonderful! I find this school to be a caring community of educators and young people. I have encountered well-planned lessons for open-minded learners.

Posted October 18, 2011

Two years at this school was two too many! Our child had to sit out from recess for a week because he dropped his pencil on the floor. He was in Kindergarten! He made a drawing for the teacher to give her as a gift and she said it was "scribble scrabble" and needed to "throw it in the trash!" It is appalling the type of people they let teach! We withdrew him and he attends a public school now. Despite their "concern" for his "emotional and educational maturity," he has made straight A's for the past 2 years and is slowly recovering from the downright disgusting behavior of his former teachers! Don't waste your money or your child's well-being!

Posted June 14, 2011

If you live in 76109 your child will be one to two years behind public school kids in math, english, spanish, and science when they graduate. The teachers are either individuals that are unqualified to teach in public school, parents or relatives of students, or fresh graduates. This school teaches you to conform and not question. Decsions are political or based on donor funding. Teacher of year plays video games on her phone and steps into the hall to gossip during class. Even other teachers question her abilities in front of students

Posted June 1, 2011

My son goes to SAS, we LOVE it and are so excited to be Wildcats! The students, parents, teachers and administration are wonderful. I can't believe someone would post that the school is a joke when they are grown and haven't been there in nearly 20 years!

Posted April 22, 2011

Thisschool is an absolute JOKE. They are not TRUE Catholics and Re biased. The academics are far from rigorous and the technology in the classrooms is litttle to none. They just want your money and to fill you mind with nonsense. I attended this school from 4th grade thru 8th grade and I am 31 now. I would NEVER send my children here.

Posted January 1, 2011

I agree with recent comments regarding lack of communication and a boy bias. This year there is a new administration and new paint but same problem. This school sees itself as a "private" NOT parochial school in minds of the wealthier parents who influence decisions. Look at parental overinfluence, as a parent with twelve years experience waiting to be finished with this school, I wish someone would have told me that this parochial school is not what you expect if coming from other parts of the country. This parochial school is influenced by money. Administration allows this influence to the detriment of other deserving students with less financial resources. The rules apply sternly to your child but not everyone. You would expect fairness, but do not get that in reality. Underpaid staff fears loss of employment if they speak up. Parents fear no alternative if they change schools. Lack of communication because of fear.

Posted April 22, 2010

Besides our spirituality, academics and service (SAS!) we have a wonderful community of parents and students!

Posted August 25, 2009

Past principal - unsatisfactory asst. Principal - runs a 'cookie cutter ' school.

Posted November 6, 2008

St Andrews has been a wonderful school. The teachers we have had are all top notch. Teachers are great about working with the parents to help develope the individual needs in not only academic areas but as valuable citizens in the community. The school works on teaching the student to find their own inner self and what drives them to be successful individuals. We are a not catholic family as many others here are and my son loves his religion classes and the opportunities to be included in mass are offered to not catholics and we are not excluded! The families here are love their children and place them first and are very involved and welcome new families in whole hearted. The school is very concerned with the safety of their children with volunters and access into the school.

Posted November 27, 2007

Principal seems to favor students that make her school look good. Teachers are great, Assistant principles and staff are great! The parent involvment is great too. A great school for book students.

Asian or Pacific Islander 3% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (817) 927-8507

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Ft. Worth

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3304 Dryden Road