No rating

St. Rita Catholic School

Private | PK-8 | 214 students

Living in Fort Worth

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $81,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $700.

Sweep tile

Posted January 7, 2014

My child is in Pre-K and he loves his teacher and has grown both academically and socially. It is a great environment built on principles and love. All the staff knows my son and it is more like a family environment. If your looking for a school that is built around character and morals then St. Ritas is the place for your child.

Posted November 5, 2012

St Rita is comprised of a diverse student population where the focus on high academic achievement is balanced by the call to take care of each other by treating others the way that we want to be treated. I am grateful to have my child in a caring and supportive learning environment.

Posted March 8, 2012

I have a granddaughter that attends their and I amso glad that my daughter made that decision f or her child's future.Eunice Taylor proud grandmother of one of st. Ritas student

Posted December 19, 2011

I transferred my child from another private school and couldn't be more pleased. Although St Rita is a small school, it offers experiences found at more "elite" schools, such as technology. Computer classes twice weekly, classroom smart boards, 2-3 computers in each classrroom. I've spoken with parents of graduates whose kids are often more prepared for technology in high school!

Posted September 17, 2011

My husband and I were looking for a school that was small enough for most families to know each other and for the teachers to be able to give close attention to our kids. Everyone that works at St. Rita School knows all four of our kids by name. We also wanted to give our kids the opportunities of bigger schools. Since we started here 6 years ago, they've been in 2 musicals a year, played competitive sports, been in student government and won awards in PSIA. The 7th & 8th graders go to San Antonio to visit the missions and the Alamo. This school is a great value.

Posted March 30, 2011

We have 2 children who have attended St. Rita for 4 years. The teachers are wonderful and are willing to help the students before and after school. Our children have participated in academic and sports competitions. All students perform in two musicals each year. St. Rita is a very special place.

Posted March 21, 2011

Our country is experiencing some difficult times times. St. Rita Catholic School is very compassionate about financial difficulties. The school works with parents to make a Private Catholic School affordable. St. Rita School offers a strong academic program plus extra activities that produce students who are ready to enter high school. As you are making choices about your child's school, take the time to consider St. Rita Catholic School.

Posted February 14, 2011

My children attended St. Rita from Pre-K through 8th grade, and were so well prepared for high school, it made me wish I had the opportunity to attend this school as a child.

Posted September 1, 2009

Faculty and staff are dedicated to the children and the mission. I have 3 children and this is our 6th year at St Rita.

Posted March 7, 2009

I am a parent of a second grader at St Rita's Catholic School. As a parent of an only child, it was very important that I found a good school that was going to provide a good education, safe enviroment and promote spiritual growth; I visited several schools before 'choosing' St Rita's. It has been 5 years and I have not regretted that decision for one minute. The teachers and staff demonstrate a true dedication to the children. I believe the example set by principal, Mrs Charlene Hymel. Her tireless efforts and relentless strive for what is in the best interest of the children at her school. I truly appreciate and admire her hard work. I would highly recommend this school.

Posted March 2, 2009

I attended St. Rita's from Kindergarten to 8th grade, and I am so thankful to my parents for sending me there because I know that I would not have received such an amazing education, that consisted of more than just book learning, at any of the public schools in the area.
—Submitted by a student

Posted January 10, 2009

I have four children, 3 of whom attend St. Rita at this time, one is too young, but will be attending in a few years. The community feeling of this school, the loving way the staff and teachers care for our children is unequaled anywhere I've been. I have a child in the Junior High, one in Elementary and one in PreK. All levels are excellent and I'm very pleased with the education and moral instruction being taught to my children through words and examples.

Posted January 6, 2009

I have been a staff person for several years and continue to be amazed at the dedication and hard work of those in service at St. Rita School. It is truly a blessing to be involved in a school where the feeling of family is clearly visible among such diversity.

Posted December 19, 2008

I don't think it is possible to ever describe or relate what a very special place St. Rita's is. My grandson has told me in no uncertain terms that heLOVES being in school in St. Rita's. No small praise coming from a first grader! A great generousity of spirit pervades this community of teachers, administrators and parents. One has the feeling that everyone is working together to educate their children in Christian values and stewardship, community spirit, citizenship and academics which include excellent programs in physical education, fine arts, library and computer training.

Posted October 30, 2008

Great school we are very thankful to have found this school. Great teachers and what can I say about the principal she's a wonderful caring person. We are very lucky to have such a wonderful school.

Posted October 22, 2008

St. Rita offers a superior educational environment, quality teaching both in education and religion and provides a positive diverse school environment. The faculty at St. Rita all teach multiple teaching styles to ensure students learning styles are met. Being a small school, St. Rita provides a positive, supportive environment that is expressed from the classroom, to Mass, to extra-curricular events. The Principal is available to all parents and students, is in visually present in the classrooms and at extra-curricular events. The inclusiveness and diversity at St. Rita offers a profound understanding and respect for multiple cultures for both children and parents. Technology is used throughout classes and the school has a computer lab and a computer teacher available for all grades. Parents can review student s grades, homework and important information using the St. Rita website and Option C. St. Rita is Fort Worth s Eastside best kept secret

Posted September 22, 2008

My two daughters attend St. Rita (one more on the way to attending). They love it! The school is like a second home to us. The students are culturally diverse and the children's mass on Friday represents that. The children sing songs in English, Spanish and Vietnamese. They clap hands, sign songs in sign language and participate fully in the liturgy. It is beautiful! Both my daughters are excellent students with academic responsibility and independent study habits. St. Rita nourishes their mind, spirit and heart! Their actions in life reflect this!

Posted August 17, 2008

My two sons attend St. Rita. They have had the opportunity to develop socially, academically, and spiritually. They rate high on standardized tests, are altar servers at the church, participate in sports and music. St. Rita has a diverse student population both racially and economically. My boys are being prepared to do well in a global society.

Posted November 4, 2007

Both of my daugthers went to St. Rita's from pre-K 3 through 8th grade. It is a wonderful environment where the kids get a great education with a small community feel. The student masses are the best; the students do the entire liturgy. Wonderful principal and overall kind caring faculty.

Posted September 1, 2006

I am a former student of St. Rita's. Even though I graduated 8th grade from a very small class, we were like brothers and sisters and best friends towards each other. St. Rita's gives students and families a very warm, loving environment.
—Submitted by a former student

Two or more races 15% N/A
Asian 14% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Teacher resources

Foreign languages spoken by school staff Italian
Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

School start time
  • 7:50
School end time
  • 3:05
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
Associations
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (817) 446-4465

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Foreign languages taught

Foreign languages spoken by staff
  • Italian
Transportation options
  • None
  • Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Ft. Worth

• Choir / Chorus

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
  • The parents volunteer at the school on a regular basis. they help with rita packs each week, help with lunches, and participate in fund raisers throughout the year. parents are encouraged to help with any special skills they might have such as computer skills, repair skills, etc.