Harvest Christian School

Private | PK-12

Living in Fort Worth

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $100,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $870.

Sweep tile

Posted March 9, 2014

This school will allow bullying and cover it up. They do not address issues because they are more worried about higher enrollment and making money then protecting children. As a private Christain school you would think this action wouldn't be tolerated. It took getting the school board involved (we did that because the Dean refused) just to stop this action but it was never corrected. They moved our child and not the four boys involved. It happens much more often in the upper classes as well.

Posted June 21, 2011

I love Harvest.My daughters have been going to harvest for years and i love it because it is small and everyone knows each other. My daughters have learned so much. I am very pleased.

Posted May 27, 2011

I have two boys that attend Harvest. We've been a part of the HCS and Daycare family for 4 1/2 years. My eldest son just completed the 1st grade and my youngest will start K4 the next school year. I am so proud of the growth and development I have seen with both of my boys. My 7yr old has shown a dramatic increase this year alone. At the beginning of the school year, he did not read. Just this week, we were purchasing a "thank you" card for his teacher and he was able to read the card without my help. The card had words like "appreciate", "learned", "experience". He has had a difficult time with his phonics and this has impacted his reading skills. I am very proud of my son and grateful for his teacher pushing him to this level. HCS is a tremendous school and one I highly recommend. I feel welcomed when I enter into the building and everyone seems to make an effort to get to know you and your family. My son is excelling and its because of the great teachers at Harvest.

Posted April 27, 2011

I have 2 girls in the school. We have been with Harvest since 2000. We have had a great experience there. THe classes are a nice size that your child does not get lost in the crowd. My younger one struggles and had a hard time. The teacher has worked with her and another teacher has helped her too. The teachers are loving and really care for the children. The teachers always speak to me when I am up there. I feel very safe with having my children there. Anytime a problem has risen, the teacher has met with me and the problem was solved. I love the school and would recomend it to anyone!!

Posted March 10, 2011

Both of my sons attend Harvest. We have been apart of the Harvest family for 4 years. We have one in the daycare program and the other is in 1st grade. We placed our oldest in public school for 1 year and returned to Harvest the following year. There will always be a better school, but our experience with Harvest has been excellent. The teachers we have been involved with have been very attentive and my kids are learning so much each and every day. The work is challenging for my 1st grader, but it forces him to work harder and not give up. The classes are small, the teachers are great, and the tuition is affordable (compared to other private schools).

Posted November 20, 2010

Harvest is an excellent school. I have 3 kids attending at Harvest since they were 18 months and have received quality christian education throughout. The school offers opportunities for participation in athletics and different arts starting in elementary school. The teachers are warm and loving with the kids and provide challenging education. Childcare is provided for little ones and before and after school. The kids are well tended to and often involved in a variety of activities during this time.

Posted October 6, 2010

The administration is so desperate to keep and enroll new students that it will promise anything and not follow though with the commitments. ALL THE MONEY GOES TOWARDS THE CHURCH!!! save your money and your time if you want your kids to go to a real school this is not the one!! trust me this is from someone who experienced this first hand!

Posted April 19, 2010

My 8th grader can't pass a 6th grade pre-TAKS test they are taking in public schools.

Posted January 28, 2010

SAVE YOUR MONEY! You will get an equivalent or better education in your local public school. Our 6th grade experience is beyond words. Let's just say, the atomosphere is not worth buying either.

Posted December 15, 2009

My son has attended HCS since 1st grade. The teachers and administrators are rude and often will not even speak to parents as they pass you in the hallway. The workload is challenging and any extra help in the lower grades in nonexistent.

Posted October 8, 2009

So far I am liking with I see as far as the teacher involvement with the students. I can tell my daughter is really learning every day. The administration could be more friendly, especially since this is a christian school. I would like more commication from the staff. I really like the small class sizes. I think my child is getting the attention she needs.

Posted October 8, 2009

I have two kids at this school and we have had the best time. This school has an awesome spirit with very loving teachers. This school is very accomidating to your childs needs. We transfered from a well known school and are much happy here then we were there. This school may not have all the bells and whistles but education is what we are here for.

Posted April 29, 2007

Our child is currently attending Harvest and we are counting our blessings. His teacher is patient, attentive as well as showing respect and common courtesy and expecting the same from the children. Harvest is a school you would want to consider you child attending.

Posted December 16, 2004

My son is in 4th grade and has always gone to Harvest. We have loved all the teachers and the staff at Harvest. He has always been in the before and after school daycare which is very convenient for working parents. The academics have always been important to me as a parent and we have seen our son grow academically and socially. There programs with kids are great and the school offers basketball for elementary kids starting in 4th grade.

Posted August 31, 2004

What an awesome school, after attending public schools for 10 years I entered my children into a safe, christian based education with the expectation from administration and teachers for my children to be challenged to their maximum potential. The classrooms are sized so that the individual student is taught and challenged to their level. The push for support in all athletic events by all the kids is remarkable. The support goes beyound the school and to the church and community. This is a school where the teachers want to be there. It is more than a job to them. We love it!

Posted August 11, 2004

I have to agree with the previous review. Very clean and secure. Mid grade on academics focus. Very socially inclined, not educationally in the younger programs, Prek-1st. Loved the staff and the security was great. Perfect for mothers day out or such. Disappointed my 4 year old still does not know ABC's or counting. Just not much focus on academics early on. Recommend Fort Worth Christian or Nolan

Posted January 22, 2004

Over all Harvest Christian School is a mediocre private school. They have heart. School activities for the lower elementary grades are insufficient. After school care is drastically lacking. The academics are above average but vary from teacher to teacher. The overall organization and communication from school to parent is severely lacking. Class and school environment is very social. The administration is so desperate to keep and enroll new students that it will promise anything and not follow though with the commitments. Such as guaranteeing class size. Harvest is about the middle of the road in comparison to other schools in its category that I have researched.

Asian 0% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Assembly of god
Associations
  • ACTS
Fax number
  • (817) 568-1395

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

7501 Crowley Rd