No rating

Temple Christian Schools

Private | PK-12 | 916 students

Family Atmosphere

Living in Fort Worth

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $113,200. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $800.

Posted May 9, 2014

Our daughter has attended this school for two years now. She will be a junior next year. The administration is caring and kind. She suffers from social anxiety disorder and they have been most accomodating. We are pleased she attends this school. It is a Christian school and we are of another faith. However, they treat her religion with respect and dignity.

Posted October 21, 2013

My daughter is in Kindergarten & I can't express how wonderful TCS is! She absolutely loves the school & her teacher, Mrs. Stapleton. It is a very warm, loving & supportive environment for the children & it's obvious that the teachers & administrators truly love children. The school offers a wonderful Christian foundation & strongly encourages character & service. My daughter was actually sad when Fall Break came this year because she couldn't go to school! Academics are wonderful & my daughter reads better than most public school children 2 to 3 years ahead of her! There is also great parental involvement which is very important to me. If parents don't care about education, kids don't care about education. We are proud to be a TCS family!

Posted July 4, 2013

We absolutely love TCS! Our boys love the school and have been attending the last 6 years! Yes, students are required to follow the rules. If you do not like that then you might not like TCS. We believe that the structure and rules will prepare our boys for the future. Teachers and staff at TCS are like family as they have their children attending too. We support this school 100% and would recommend this school wholeheartedly!

Posted August 20, 2012

Our daughter just started high school here and we are so pleased! The school counselors are awesome and worked tirelessly the first week of school to make sure my daughter was in honors classes. We couldn't be happier. The parents are kind and the students have welcomed her. We made the right decision.

Posted August 13, 2012

May I ask why you would rate a school that you say your child has not attended yet?
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 2, 2012

To the parent that pulled your child from the Pre K class, can you tell me if it was the West Campus or the other one? I am looking to enroll my child there, but not if it's like you say. :(

Posted May 22, 2012

Our family has been part of TCS for 14 years. As parents, we are extremely pleased with the quality of education the children are receiving. The staff is very kind and caring as well as experienced. You cannot step onto the campus without feeling the family atmosphere. This is a school that TRULY values young people and prepares them for life with a Christian world view.

Posted March 23, 2012

We pulled our child from the preK class because it was a terrible experience. These children that are 4 and 5 years old are expected to stay seated in desks for the better part of the school day with only breaks for bathroom, lunch, and recess. The preK teacher would be well-suited for high school because her expectations are far to high for these young children and she is not loving or caring towards them, she is only interested in them falling in line. Each day we picked our child up from school, we could see his self-esteem getting lower and lower and knew we could not let this continue. We now have our child in a wonderful preschool that is preparing him for Kindergarten but still allows him to be a 5 year old. They have circle time, hands-on science, the teachers are warm and loving and truly interested in helping to develop the children's character through praise and boundaries and are not just looking for robots. We truly wish we had never sent our child to Temple.

Posted January 30, 2012

As a new family to TCS it has been a very positive experience. I appreciate the teacher to student ratio that allows them to know my children on an individual level and provide a quality learning environment. It' s a well balanced blend of academics and Christian faith teaching. I am grateful my children are able to express their faith and pray openly in school with their teachers and administrators. We have 4 children in attendance in elementary, middle, and high school at TCS. My first grader has chronic health issues that started just before the school year began. The staff were very accommodating of her needs even as a new student and prayed for her regularly. My freshman daughter chose to attend a local parochial school in the area, but requested to transfer to TCS mid year. She enjoyed seeing how happy her siblings were and the bible teaching opportunity. The high school administrative staff were very receptive to her request to visit the school prior to transferring. She was immediately welcomed which made for a smooth transition. I also enjoy the opportunity to volunteer for BMA monthly. It's a perfect way to start your day, to hear students recite the word of God.

Posted January 23, 2012

I Thank God Daily for TCS. The Teachers, Coaches and Staff work hard to teach and train our children in Godly Character and Strengthened Minds. We were new last year (7th grade and 9th grade) and my kids were welcomed with compassion and kindness by their fellow students and made friends easily. As a parent there are lots of opportunities for involvement with organizations such as the TPA Temple Parents in Action and Our Booster Clubs. I would encourage parents to search around and compare Tuition and Programs offered by other Christian Schools and I would pray they choose TCS as we have, you will not be disappointed.

Posted December 2, 2011

My son has been bullied at this school to such an extreme that I am having to withdraw him. Lunch hours are a horrific experience for him. He is new at Temple this year and for whatever reason, the childeren decided not to accept him. He has changed schools before and also has gone to daycare most of his life and has always had friends. However, at Temple the children will not allow him to sit down at lunch - or if he joins a table they all get up and leave. Some children beg him not to sit with them. Originally the principal did address it by having a few kids agree to let my child sit with them but that has been hit and miss. If their table is full he is left to be harrassed by the rest of the cafeteria. The principal told me that he can't watch out for him at lunch as there are too many kids and even though there are 9 teachers in there they can't keep him from being harrassed as they need to eat their lunch too. The kids knock his lunch out of his hand and he has nowhere to sit and no teachers see this?? Sadly the school has no soclution so I am removing my child and will likely need to get him counseling due to the impact this has had on him. He is in middle shool.

Posted March 18, 2011

I was very disappointed in this school. We took our son out and put him in Blue Haze and he has done so much better. I recommend people really look at the school before sending their kids here. It really isn't better just because its "PRIVATE".

Posted March 1, 2011

I am a mom of 4 and have been at Temple for 5yrs now, with all my children starting Kindergarten. My "baby" will start in Aug. I have nothing but good to say. As no school is perfect, the teachers and staff strive to be and have done nothing but present themselves with full integrity. I love the atmosphere which drew me there from the beginning. It has an "at home" feel. It's big enough to have plenty of high quality activites, they have won many awards for; yet small enough to be one big family. Temple is our 2nd home. The Elem. principal is one of the most gracious, loving individuals I have ever met. Her words are always kind and full of wisdom. She loves my kids as her own. The HS principal, I have gotten to know, and truly appreciate. He loves to joke with the students, but knows how to command a room with respect. I have watched the students, and they truly love and respect him. I could go on and on. Again, people might find faults with any place given the time to look for them, but if you are looking for a place that will love your children, lift them up in prayer daily, and bend over backwards to work with you- This is the place for you. I'm not going anywhere else.

Posted February 24, 2011

I feel Temple Christian School is the best christian school in the DFW area. I have two children in first and ninth grade and both are very happy and I am very satisfied with their education that they are recieving. My first grader has improved tremendously from kindergarten in writing and reading. My ninth grader has played in most sports and the coaches are wonderful to work with. The administration staff as far as I am concerned are extremely qualified and want only whats best for the children at Temple. The principals in all three schools are wonderful as well as every single teacher that I have come in contact with.

Posted February 17, 2011

Compared to other Christian schools in the area, TCS is very affordable. Therefore, you 'get what you pay for'. Facilities are bare bones. Staff is stretched too thin (though competent and caring). There is no board of directors. Administration is also minimal. Elementary curriculum is straight Abeka (lots of worksheets) and not enhanced in any way. So, if your child has any type of learning disabilities, they are simply given less worksheets. If your child needs more of a challenge, nothing is done (they will color or play games if they are done early). The way the curriculum is used seems very 'vanilla' in my opinion. Music and Art are practically non-existant at the elementary level and they do not offer Spanish. I would recommend looking at other Christian schools in the local area. Note: all of my comments are based on my experiences with the Elementary school only.

Posted January 10, 2009

Temple is a verry well-rounded school. They have great teachers, and a very high parent involvement. The sports teams in the past years have won state and national championships, as well. Their is a chapel every Wednesday, with great worship, and a usually wonderful sermon. It's not always perfect, but no school is, and the principals try their best. For 3 grade through 12 there are choir and band electives, in high school the electives are art, photography, Shakespeare, Journalism, choir, and band. In Junior High the electives are only choir, band, and study hall. To graduate you are required among other things to have at least 2 credits of Spanish, and 1/2 credit of health. Temple focuses on great education instead of the best facilities. I reccomend this school to any Christians searching for a Godly enviorment
—Submitted by a student

Posted September 12, 2008

I have two girls that attend this school and they absolutely love it. The teachers and excellent and give personal attention to each student. My girls are very smart and have learned a lot because of the teachers and curriculum at this school. I am amazed at some of the things my girls have already learned. Keep up the great work teachers. I highly recommend.!

Posted September 10, 2008

I am very pleased with Temple Christian School. They emphasize a good education more than having the newest most modern facilities. We have 3 children attending now and our oldest have attended for 6 years. I find the teachers to be great. They don't cut any corners and leave no slack. Solid school with good athletic programs at a reasonable prize, which also is part of my excellent rating. My children enjoy their school and we are blessed to be able to send them there.

Posted August 2, 2008

Too bad this school has gone down hill. Great kids, and long time great families, and many great teachers! but.......The Administration is killing the moral, spirit and desire to attend the school. Loved the school the 6 years we were there but had to make a change due to the direction we see it heading.....hope and pray they can rebound from all the damage the head admin is doing and has done

Posted July 2, 2008

Our family has attended Temple Christian for 10 years. We found the elementary years to be exceptionally positive. We have been disappointed with middle and high school years. They consider themselves a 'college prep' school yet I can't count the number of days our child came home talking about watching movies during class periods - before final exams were to be taken. Seems to me it would be better to offer study classes. Their rules are not consistent as far as the student. They will punish one student for something but not punish the next student for the same infraction. Getting information from the 'guidance counselor' is anything but easy. It requires a lot of pulling to get information. School is unorganized. Phone calls and emails not returned. I would recommend TCS for elementary but NOT for middle or high school.

Asian or Pacific Islander 1% 4%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Art teacher(s)
College counselor(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Dutch
Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

School start time
  • 8:00 am
School end time
  • 3:10 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Neil Childs
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • Infant
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • (817) 457-0777

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• College prep
  • Honors track
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
  • Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Volunteer in the classroom