2-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

My history teacher thought the Protestant Reformation occurred in the eleven hundreds.

I went to school here for a year after struggling at a public school. I was shocked at how ridiculously simple the curriculum is. The school is filthy and the students are practically illiterate. The staff were also quite unsympathetic in regards to emotional and social problems. I left this place and went to a similar private school in Dallas for high school where I graduated and am a junior at North Texas. I would never recommend Hill School to anyone. It's a joke.

Given that Hill School is designed for students with learning disabilities, those disabilities also often come with some emotional disabilities. One would think the school would be far more understanding in dealing with the emotional aspects as well and not so quick to cast the students aside who have a more difficult time emotionally. This was not the case in our experience. So, if your child is not emotionally "normal", this is not the school for him or her.

Our son is a senior this year and his experience over his time in high school has been tremendous. The teachers are true professionals. They identify the needs of each child and work to get the most out of them In every subject. The support of the administration is impressive. They have the best interests of the student in how the organization of the school is maintained as well as keep the lines of communication open with the parents. They have a variety of programs that make this educational experience complete. Everyone can be involved and develop as a young adult at their pace. For our son, this was a perfect match to get the most out of him. We are looking forward to a fantastic senior year and working with the college counselor, as he plans to get ready ready to go off to college next year.

Wonderful school! After searching for 7 years we have found a school our son finally fits in! He is thriving in ways we could never have expected. The staff is wonderful and really understand the kids.

Specific to the upper school: There are some really great things about Hill. Teachers who care, opportunites for students where they wouldn't otherwise exist, greater social acceptance for kids who are different. But, everyday life can be frustrating as well. Numerous fees for everything imaginable, a ridiculous annual registration fee of $1000! And a frustrating lack of consideration for working parents. You will be expected to pick up and bring your kids back to the school during the workday (frequent early dismissals and days off for parent conferences but sporting events still continue), attend events which begin during the workday, and empty your pockets for extremely unreliable bus service - with no communication from the school when transportation is affected. If you are independently wealthy with free time to drive your kid around - Hill School is for you. If you work, you'd better have a very understanding boss, because you will be late & have to leave early - or you will miss all of your kid's events.

I went to hill school in 1993-1996, now my daughter is about to go there. This is an awesome school, the staff is very involved in each student. They have a clean school, and its very organized. I highly recommend this school to kids that have a hard time learning with ADHD or Dyslexia. I really enjoyed my time there, its a awesome school I can't say enough for it.

This is an amazing school that really helps each student with their individual needs and with teachers wanting each student to succeed. However the only thing I would change about this school is it's diversity. Really wish there was more of an equality with cultural backgrounds. But all in all great school and the experience of it is memorable and would definitely recommend for anyone.

My son is so much happier after moving from a public school to Hill School Fort Worth. He no longer cries every Sunday night because he has to go back to a school where he was either bullied or ignored. Instead he is loving school again and feels like a valued member of his 5th grade class. His teachers understand and accept his differences without allowing him to use them as excuses. After attending only a couple of months, he has gained the confidence to try things that I would have never envisioned. Initially his father and I had hoped that he could go back to public school in a couple of years. Now I'm sure that he will graduate from Hill. We are very happy to make whatever financial sacrifices are necessary to keep him at this wonderful school!

our daughter has been at this school for five years, and it has been a fabulous experience for her. This Fort Worth school changed our lives in so many positive ways! She is currently a tenth grader and has no desire to leave until graduation. My husband and I are extremely grateful for the caring, dedicated teachers and staff! As a public school teacher myself, putting our child in this school was the answer to our prayers!

Last modified Hill School Of Fort Worth is a Private school that serves grades 2-12