K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (3 responses)

Fort Worth Academy 5

Posted April 29, 2016
We chose FWA because it truly offered a personalized learning approach for our son. More than just the words in the brochure or the presentation, they delivered on all of their promises. Our son showed up as a shy, quiet boy and left FWA with self-confidence and a great foundation with which to continue his learning. He is now graduating from high school, after coming a member of the National Honor Society and is on his way to Curry College outside of Boston with a significant merit scholarship. FWA is a gem within the Fort Worth Educational Community--there would be other place I would have my children go.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted April 29, 2016
Bret Hendrickson---being an instrumental person in my son's growth on the sports field as well as in the classsroom

Fort Worth Academy 5

Posted April 02, 2016
I have three children, now ages 12, 14, and 16. I started all of my children in a Jewish pre-school that went through kindergarten and transitioned them to Fort Worth Academy in first grade. Before choosing Fort Worth Academy for our oldest child, my wife and I visited all of the local private schools that had no religious affiliation. Since we are practicing Jews, the local Christian schools were not an option for us. After visiting the secular private schools within a few miles of our house, we selected Fort Worth Academy. The experience has been terrific. Our children has have learned a great deal. My older daughter had an excellent foundation for the Honors Program at Paschal High School, where she is now. Fort Worth Academy is flexible in the way it addresses the particular needs of individual children. Our children are all different. Our middle daughter is academically gifted. She was way ahead in mathematics. The school recognized that talent and accelerated her a grade level in math a couple of years ago. We wanted our children to study Hebrew language, in addition to Spanish. About 12years ago, a Hebrew language programs was established as an extra-curricular, non-credit elective. My wife and I took over the program 10 years ago (when our oldest daughter enrolled) and it continues. 8-10 students participate each semester, not all of them Jewish. Fort Worth Academy provides free space for a Hebrew teacher to teach Hebrew language 2 days each week for families who want it. The teacher's salary is paid by parent contributions and by support from the local Jewish community. The Administration works with us coordinate the Hebrew program with the regular school schedules of the kids who enroll. The flexibility and cooperation is gratifying. For a small school, Fort Worth Academy had a good athletic program. All of our children are athletically active. My older daughter played volleyball and basketball at Fort Worth Academy. She now plays club volleyball and plays for Paschal High School. Our younger daughter played volleyball for Fort Worth Academy. She now plays club volleyball and also wants to play for Paschal. Our 12 year old son plays basketball and baseball, while also playing baseball for a Little League team. Fort Worth Academy has helped all three of our children develop as athletes and as sportsmen.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted April 02, 2016
Some are better than others, which true in any school, generally they are effective. Different students react different to different teachers, which normal. My son is very fond of his history and science teacher, who is also the basketball coach. He has learned a lot in both subjects.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted April 02, 2016
My kids are fairly busy doing homework, but not so busy that they cannot play their respective sports pursue outside interests, such as music.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted April 02, 2016
Yes, the students are assessment on ongoing basis, which teaches that one set back and one bad quiz are not the end of world. It teaches the kids to keep trying to improve. The athletic program also grit and determination, as well as sportsmanship.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted April 02, 2016
The school teaches the message of mutual respect. It is part of the Rights and Responsibilities that all students must agree to honor.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted April 02, 2016
The teachers are warm. They try to get to know the kids. The discipline seems to fair and not overly harsh. The coaches also treat the kids with respect and try be sensitive to feelings.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted April 02, 2016
The School teaches those values everyday. I see it in the teachers and in the coaches.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted April 01, 2016
Students are determined to learn at FWA. My son's confidence has blossomed since starting here 5 years ago. He was frustrated in public school. FWA has caring teachers and staff. He has learned to be persistent and work hard! We will miss FWA when we leave for high school but I'm confident the skills my child has learned will guide him in high school. FWA is a unique K-8 learning environment that you can't find anywhere else in Fort Worth! We are SO happy we found it.

7301 Dutch Branch Road, Fort Worth, TX  76132