K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (2 responses)

Posted December 07, 2015
My son came to Fort Worth Academy in the 3rd grade; we had moved from St. Louis, the place he knew as home. The transition was challenging, but my boy is not shy and approached the school's amazing head, Bill Broderick, and shared with him his former school's great project, THE EGG DROP. Suffice it to say that the school is now celebrating its own, very innovative fifth year doing an egg drop. What is significant about this experience is that the Academy, and its amazing faculty and staff, are responsive to the innovative spirit of its students. This experience not only helped my son feel more a part of a new school, but he had the chance to actually do the work and to demonstrate how to be a leader and a follower all at the same time.

Fort Worth Academy
Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted December 02, 2015
My daughter has a kindergarten buddy who didn't speak English. She took it upon herself to teach the class happy birthday in her buddy's native tongue. A prompt note came from Mr. Broderick applauding her for taking that upon herself to make her buddy feel at home at FWA.

Posted December 02, 2015
The Academy has been a fantastic learning environment for our 3 children. We love the teacher and the parents! Our kids learn how to deal with technology. The parents also learn from experts (lawyers, technology specialists) how to help children use technology in a positive way. This is so important because the world our children live in is so different from the world in which their parents grew up. A few years ago our oldest child graduated. When you graduate from FWA, you are heavily recruited by premier private and public high schools. When she graduated she had several options on where she could attend high school. She was accepted at both Fort Worth Country Day and Trinity Valley schools. She was also accepted into the Paschal Advanced Academics Program (formerly known as the Scholars Program). She did extremely well her freshman year of high school. She attributes that to being very well prepared by The Academy. Her parents totally agree! Do not let the K-8 model scare you. It is a natural break for kids to move on after 8th grade. During their "senior year" the students feel like they are "big men/women on campus." We have had children at FWA since 2006. It has been wonderful! We wouldn't change a thing about it!

Posted November 21, 2015
Right away we were impressed with the professionalism of the administration and faculty. We also love the small classroom environment. The student to teacher ratio is 12:1. That's important for our daughter who is initially soft-spoken. Children with this personality are often labeled with learning disabilities. However, at Fort Worth Academy she discovered her love for entrepreneurship, and this discovery became a motivator. Our daughter found another way to engage academically. As a result, we learned how to motivate her in the learning process at home. We also discovered different ways to motivate our other children educationally. The personal attention she received was an important step to determining how she learns. If you want a school where the administration and faculty care about the whole child while maintaining a competitive academic experience with a personal touch and high parental engagement, look no further!

Posted September 30, 2015
I have two children at Academy. Our experience has been very positive. We moved them to Academy lower school from a public elementary so they could benefit from the small classes and engaged teachers. We've found the curriculum and homework to be challenging but appropriate. There is an open and fluid feel to the school- students are challenged to their individual abilities but they are also allowed to be kids and their unique interests and backgrounds are respected and seen as a strength. The headmaster and staff strive to be innovative and forward-thinking which translates to students who think outside the box and who are valued for their unique contributions.

Fort Worth Academy 2

Posted May 29, 2015
The school has the reputation for taking kids that no other school wants. Lots of behavior problems. Teachers aren't given the liberty to discipline. Not structured enough. Kids have too much freedom. Principal defends any action that happens regarding staff. Will not accept constructive criticism. Has two sides to his personality. Sadly, money talks at this school. If you aren't donating, then you aren't key to the success of the school. Too much emphasis on computers for everything and less emphasis on handwriting. Computers are always needing work. It's unfortunate the way it is run, as there are some very good teachers there that have their hands tied so to speak. My advice is to look elsewhere.

Posted May 06, 2015
The Academy is truly an incredible school. Upon our first visit, we knew that it was the school for our son. We love the small classroom size, state of the art technology, and the amazing facility, led by Head of School, William Broderick. The students are engaged, happy, and nurtured by their teachers. As a parent, it is a great feeling to pull up at 7:45 am and see Mr. Broderick waiting to greet the students in carpool, all of whom he knows by name. The Academy is a community within a community that I recommend any parent seeking the "best quality education" explore.

Posted April 27, 2015
Sending our son to Fort Worth Academy for Kindergarten was the best decision my husband and I made. He looks forward to school and comes home excited to share with us all the amazing things he has learned. The small student to teacher ratio has allowed our son to feel more confident about himself and be able to get any extra attention he may need to ensure he is understanding the material they are studying. I am truly amazed how innovative his teachers are in creating excitement in learning and how Fort Worth Academy encourages this from their teachers. Fort Worth Academy truly is an AMAZING school.

Posted March 04, 2015
With each day I take my daughter to school at the Academy, I am remember when she was in Kindergarten. Each morning, sun, rain or snow, she could see her school on the hill from across the field. Kate would scream with excitement, "my school, I see my school." That is the best feeling as parent to know you chose the right place for her. She is loved, respected and encouraged. Now Kate is in 5th grade and it is not cool to say those words anymore but everyday when I pick her up, I ask, "how was school today?" Kate's responses has yet to be negative. Words like amazing, awesome, great, and good come from her. Kate still knows she is loved, respected and encouraged. Darla Robinson, proud mom of Kate Robinson

Posted February 11, 2015
We enrolled our daughter the week before Thanksgiving of her 7th grade year. I had been hesitant to look at Fort Worth Academy because it only went to 8th grade, but we met Mr. Broderick at a Fort Worth Private School gathering. Our daughter talked with him and was interested in the 1:1 laptop program. She toured the school and was literally eager to attend. She was immediately accepted socially which is huge in middle school. The teachers were very helpful with a student starting late in the semester. She has been challenged academically and is enjoying great success in 8th grade. I think FWA has done a fantastic job of preparing our daughter for high school. My only regret is that we didn't discover Fort Worth Academy earlier.

Fort Worth Academy