Fort Worth, TX

Posted November 19, 2014
I feel so incredibly lucky that our son is able to attend kindergarten at Fort Worth Academy. He is happy to go to school everyday and is happy when I pick him up. This morning he asked if he had school today and said, "the best days are school days". FWA caps their classrooms with 15 students. This is perfect for my son, who loves to be creative. The low student to teacher ratio allows my son's teachers to allow him (and all the students) to really branch out creatively and focus on each child's ability level in all subjects. It also insures that students have the ability to advance to the next level when they are ready, while allowing others to keep learning on pace. I also love that FWA is K-8. This allows the children to be children. I wanted him to have an elementary school experience, to be young, and to feel at home in his school. And in 9 years when he is off to high school, FWA students have close to a 100% acceptance rate to their first choice high school.

Posted November 18, 2014
What can I say that hasn't already been said so eloquently by other reviewers? Not only was FWA the wisest choice for our kids, it was the best possible choice for our family! The school community has been the most welcoming group of teachers, administrators and families I have ever come across. Not only will my boys have treasured friends to keep in touch with in years to come, so will my husband and I!!

Posted November 11, 2014
My daughter started Kindergarten in September 2014. My husband and I carefully selected FWA based on the school's culture and education. The small classroom size lends itself to student centered learning while maintaining an over all accelerated syllabus. FWA has a wonderful program built to increase global knowledge and my daughter has classmates from other countries able to offer first hand accounts. My daughter's teacher is warm, consistent, bright and open minded. I attended FWA from 1986 until I graduated in 1991. The school still stands on genuine, unassuming roots, but a technology and entrepreneurship culture has propelled FWA into a cutting edge facility.

Posted November 11, 2014
As a former FWA student myself, I was familiar with their smaller class sizes and nurturing environment...but it had been 25+ years since I had stepped inside the doors of Fort Worth Academy. When we made the decision to start our son at FWA his kindergarten year we were grateful that it had maintained the same feel I had experienced, but improved in so many ways. We have been extremely pleased with both teachers our son has had both in Kindergarten and now in first grade. Their curriculum is challenging yet engaging for the student. It has been exciting to watch our son grow! Their commitment to academic excellence is apparent through all levels and staff. We continue to appreciate the great communication they have with us and that they recognize the importance of a joint relationship in learning between school and parents.

Posted November 10, 2014
As a prior military family we were no strangers to researching schools for our two daughters. A summer move brought us to Ft. Worth and FWA and we could not be more pleased. It is truly everything they advertise and more! Incredible nurturing staff, small class size, individualized learning, challenging curriculum, with an emphasis on creativity that we had never seem before. We can honestly say, that FWA is an incredible school!

Posted April 11, 2014
Fort Worth Academy is an Incredible school! The teachers and staff really care about the children. The children recognize this and strive to do their very best to make their teachers proud. Learning is fun here!!!

Posted October 22, 2013
We could not be happier and more impressed with Fort Worth Academy. My wife and I both have advanced degrees in education and recognize that this school is not hyped up - it really is incredible! There is virtually no turnover among faculty or staff and the students always appear happy, peaceful and actively learning. Some schools use a lot of buzz words about education, but then revert to old fashioned techniques. Not true for FWA - the faculty, led by a remarkable Head of School (Mr. Broderick) are extremely well trained and actively implementing current educational best practices. We would not send our child anywhere else - in our opinion this is the premiere elementary/middle school in Fort Worth. Even other elite private schools cannot provide the level of individual attention and academic stimulation available at FWA. In addition to the rigorous academic setting, the parents are extremely active and involved. This school has a very "family-like" feel to it. We were impressed by the social, economic, and cultural diversity present here as well. It is a joy to send our child to school each day.

Posted October 04, 2013
It is an " incredible " school where I see the teachers understand the simple fact that each kid is different and they work towards bringing the best out of each kid. I can see that they have a structure and also make sure the kid is not being pressurized. Making them feel " learning is fun"- which is the most important thing for them to be confident in what they do. I have my elder kid here and he loves it every day. I am waiting to send my younger one next year.

Fort Worth Academy 4

Posted September 28, 2013
My son has gone to this school for 3 years. We have other children and when they are ready they will also attend. The staff is remarkable. The ability to be a part of your child's education and to be informed and involved cannot be measured. My child loves the head of school Mr. Broderick. He strives to be better just because he respects him so much and my child is 7. FWA is a proud, elevated yet unpretentious school. Can't imagine going anywhere else.

Fort Worth Academy 1

Posted September 10, 2013
This school was absolutely terrible. I had attended the school throughout elementary and almost all the way through middle school before I made the decision to leave. This school does absolutely nothing to help with bullying. If you're bullied by a child of a parent on the board or a large donor, they push the incident aside or merely blame it on you. I was constantly harassed, made fun of, and all of this time: it was MY fault. The administration is awful. There are a few gems of teachers in the pile of pebbles, but overall, an awful school. The laptops DO NOT help with learning. My math and testing scores continued to decline after receiving my laptop in middle school. There's also close to no security on them as well. Save your money and attend a different school. They make it seem like it's an amazing school, but please, get your children out of there and to a school where they will be treated fairly, educated well, and loved. That place is not, and never will be, Fort Worth Academy.

Fort Worth Academy