Fort Worth, TX

Posted September 07, 2011
My child has been attending MCH since she was 18 months old and I LOVE this school! I looked at several Montessori schools before I finally chose this one b/c of the warm, relaxed environment I felt it had. Once my daughter started I immediately knew I made the right choice. I was so impressed with the toddler teachers, who are so patient, loving and nurturing to my child. The environment and teachers challenged my child cognitively, socially and emotionally and helped mold her love of learning. This school is a wonderful place to introduce your toddler to the "school" environment even though it feels more like grandma's house. ;) And the conferences with the teachers were so informative, they really get to know your child. My daughter is in preschool now and loves it. She comes home telling me all the amazing things she learned that day. The Montessori method is so amazing in that your child can learn at their own pace and with so many different approaches, playing on their strengths and improving their weaknesses. If you are looking for an extension of your loving home for your child, look no further, this is the place.

Posted May 20, 2011
I'm reading a few of these reviews in disbelief and feel compelled to share our experience. I write from the position of the toddler parent; our daughter has been attending the school for one year. She's a very bright child and looks forward to getting ready and going to school. She's made wonderful gains in verbal, cognitive, social and motor skills in the past year and she's ready for the next level. When we have parent-teacher meetings I sit before them impressed that they have observed and assessed my chid competently- it shows that they are sharp on her strengths and weaknesses. She adores her teachers and classmates. Having read the english translations of Dr. Montessori's books, I feel that our experience thus far reflects many of the principles. We have high expectations of our daughter's education. Having said that we are very happy with the school. As for the "bathroom" experience my child goes to the bathroom when she pleases. There are far "worst experiences" in life than not going to the bathroom.

Posted October 17, 2010
My family has had a child enrolled at MCH since 2000 when my oldest started preschool. That child is now in high school. I have another child enrolled in the elementary program. The youngest has attended every level at MCH starting with toddler. I couldn't ask for a better educational environment. The teachers are excellent and caring. They are responsive and excited to be teaching. The Head of School is a dedicated teacher whose first responsibility is the education of the children at the school. MCH produces well-rounded individuals, not just students who can regurgitate information. They are sensitive thinking individuals, who seem to naturally become leaders in their peer group. The academic foundation is the best I've every seen. The environment, in the classroom and the playground, is geared toward the child. You won't find thousands in playground equipment, but you will find a safe area where children run free!

Montessori Children's House 3

Posted April 16, 2010
I had 2 children at this school, which is ok, not bad although teachers seem unhappy (worn down??) and I think kids pick up on that (my kids never were happy to go to school, and for preschool this was disappointing to me). Also they have some discipline tactics like taking away outside time which i find objectionable. Small space, playground is unplanted (sandpit), and directress is impossible to get in touch with if you ever do have a problem. I love montessori but some things at this school are not totally in line with our family's interests.

Montessori Children's House 3

Posted November 16, 2009

Montessori Children's House 0

Posted June 30, 2008
I am a parent with two children at MCH and I feel that we are so fortunate having this be the place that our children spend most of their time. It is a loving and caring environment and in return the children learn to be kind to others as well. They are respectful and eager children. The staff at MCH exemplifies what teaching and educating our young is all about. Phenomenal roll models and educators. My children are very progressed in their level of learning. MCH is challenging and supportive. What else can I say but that MCH has been a blessing for our children. We are so grateful to everyone for their hard work and dedication.

Posted June 20, 2007
My daughter spent only two years at MCH, fifth and sixth grade. She entered as a pretty good student with few weaknesses. She left scoring 'post high school' in most areas of the ITBS. Our problem now is that she is so far ahead of her grade level, we can't find a program that wouldn't be regressive.

Posted March 25, 2007
I cannot say enough wonderful things about this school. A safe, loving environment for children and the teachers are excellent!

Posted February 04, 2007
Montessori Children's House is an excellent academic environment, but more than that, it is a comfortable and challenging place that enhances every aspect of a child's life. The faculty and parent interaction is outstanding and the Montessori environment yields respectful children with an understanding of their world and how learning is a life long undertaking. The Montessori method promotes a hands-on approach to learning and teaches a child to think and reason in order to learn. The teachers at this school truly love and care about each child individually. If MCH had a middle school, my child would definitely continue there. Since they do not, I am confident that he is well prepared to enter a non-Montessori school. If you don't know about the Montessori method, you should make an appointment and check out this school. You'll be amazed at what is available there for your child.

Montessori Children's House
3420 Clayton Road East, Fort Worth, TX  76116
Last modified Montessori Children's House is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
Montessori Children's House Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top