PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Amazing! SCS is probably one of the best private schools in Fort Worth. The school has an excellent curriculum and a wide variety of programs to meet everyone's interests. The teachers are top notch, hard working Christian men and women who take a genuine interest in the students. The students are,for the most part, wholesome kids and quickly will make any new student feel welcome. It is truly a special place.

Some of the teachers here good. Several are not though. Lots of students here very stressed out due to curriculum is college level(not college prep) in many of the classes. This school is not for students with learning differences. Learning Lab is a joke. It's just a high priced study hall. Most of the teachers don't understand learning differences. Many of them don't understand what the learning lab is for either. Several students bolted from SCS mid year. Unless you have a child that is a very strong student save your money and look elsewhere.

My son started high school this year at SCS. He has had a wonderful experience transitioning into high school. The admissions team was very helpful and welcoming. He has made new friends and enjoys his teachers. The academic curriculum is challenging. He has enjoyed playing football and now baseball. The coaches are encouraging and qualified. The campus is beautiful and well maintained. I get the feeling that his teachers have an ability to make a real connection with him in order to help him succeed. Communication from school leadership is very effective with daily e-mails about upcoming events. Also, the website is easy to navigate and very helpful.

We have had a phenomenal experience at SCS! My children are challenged academically, they are growing spiritually and as leaders, they are surrounded by teachers/coaches who truly care about them and want them to succeed and they have great friends that they are making life-long memories and connections with. We could have picked any private school in the area when we were looking, but SCS was the obvious choice when we compared all the positives and negatives of each school. Our family feels blessed to have found this community of students, parents and teachers and we wouldn't want to be anywhere else! Also, let me say that there is no perfect school. If that is what you are looking for, you will never find it anywhere. That being said, I truly think SCS is pretty close to perfection!

SCS is a great school. This is a place where all the teachers and staff know my children by name. They are greeted with a hug and smile everyday and they are excited to go to school. I love SCS as a parent because I have made many friendships that have been essential to guiding my children through growing up and maturing. It is a family not just a school and the most important part is that God is the most essential part of all things at SCS. IT is a great school.

This year was my son's first year at SCS as a 6th grader. He has had the greatest year and can hardly wait to move up to the prep campus next year. Throughout the year he has continuously made comments about how much he likes the kids, how much the teachers teachers care and how happy he is to be able to talk about his faith at school. Being at SCS has ignited a new excitement in him for school! As a parent, I feel confident he is ready for the rigorous middle school curriculum ahead and I'm so thankful he will be sharing those "awkward middle school years" with awesome kids and caring teachers who won't treat him like just a name in a grade book. I highly recommend Southwest Christian and suggest you check it out!

I graduated there in 2010, the campus is amazing but that's where it stops being a great school. The curriculum is sub standard. After going to university for a month I could tell I was behind the curve. I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone that cares about education. It was the biggest waste of money.

This is my son's second year at Southwest Christian and I feel it is a perfect fit for my son. The the class size is much smaller than public schools allowing teachers to focus on each child individually as well as collectively. Before each school year the teachers prior year teacher as well as administration come together to place your child with a teacher that will best help them grow and thrive in the upcoming year. There is a lot of parent involvement and this further helps the success of the school and your child. "It takes a village to raise a child" and SCS is a perfect village to love and help your child grow

Southwest Christian School has high academics and phenomenal teachers. Our children have commented on the great character of their teachers. The teachers instill confidence in the students with encouraging affirmations. Here, there are truly Christian and highly professional educators. The approachable teachers facilitate a positive learning environment for our children. Also, the school balances the need for family time with the pursuit of academic endeavors, by avoiding excessive busy-work type homework. In the classroom, there is a deliberate and purposeful approach to offer a more in-depth grasp of the subject matter, instead of going at an unreasonable pace merely to boast that the material was covered. At SCS, you can guide your child's academics, while the school actually takes on the role as formal educators. This approach allows our children to be more self-sufficient, because assignments are relevant and developmentally appropriate. This school gets it right.

My child has been going to this school for 8 years! He loves it there and will never get tired of it. They have great teachers and a great curriculum. I enjoy seeing these kids praise and worship God. Their chapel services sometimes brings me into tears of joy. I'm so happy my child goes here and has Many friends that are very well mannered and pollite. However there are many expenses. This school is a great school and I love it.

Last modified Southwest Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12