Posted May 22, 2015
DON'T DO IT!!! We came here looking for a loving environment for our child and received nothing but negativity. Their demerit system in elementary school consists of only debits so if your child does something good then it goes completely unnoticed. Only bad behavior is recognized! Kids make mistakes but leaving a book in a locker is not "bad behavior" although that's what it is to these teachers. This school lost ALL 3 principals just this year and is replacing them with teachers from the staff who do not hold certifications to be a principal. Losing all 3 principals in one year should tell you to look elsewhere. There are some serious problems here! No accountability amongst teachers so they do whatever they want and make up the rules as they go along. Teachers do not work with the kids to help them get ahead - it's sink or swim. Your child will come home stressed out and belittled. Save your hard earned money and go elsewhere.

Posted May 18, 2015
Both my children graduated from this school and had a wonderful experience. They have since finished college, where they were more than prepared academically. More importantly though, their faith was strengthened during their time at FWC. They also made life-long friends and cherished memories.

Posted May 14, 2015
Fort Worth Christian is the 2nd private school we have enrolled our children in and we tried public school for a couple of years. Coming here was hands down the best decision we ever made. If you feel God is calling your family to Christian education please consider FWC. I've seen how much the people here care for others. No place is perfect but as far as schools go, this is the most well-rounded experience you will find.

Posted May 14, 2015
FWC is our second home. Having one child in high school and one in middle school, I can honestly say there's no place they'd rather be. They have the opportunity to participate in multiple activities from sports, fine arts and even academic teams. They are loved and challenged by their teachers. They are encouraged by their peers. Both feel their spiritual life has been strengthened as a result of going to school here. They look forward to class trips and service opportunities each year and feel prepared for the next steps in life as servant-leaders.

Posted May 13, 2015
If you think you are getting away from the antics of public-school you are not! Your child is expected to be a robot and conform to military style behavior. This is not a place of love and faith as will be sold to you at the open house - instead it is an environment of zero tolerance for elementary students and no accountability on the teachers behalf. My child is begging to go back to public school! Please do not give this place a dime of your money because that is all they want! I have never seen a private school as money hungry as this one. I have talked with several of the parents this year and no one is happy - it's just sad how they promote themselves to be Christians. Disgusting!

Posted May 06, 2015
My family's experience at FWC has been very positive. My HS student has had the opportunity to develop spiritually through participation in very insightful bible classes as well as overseas mission trips and academically through vigorous AP and dual credit courses. The faculty truly cares about my child's success as a student and her future as a contributor to society once she leaves FWC. There is a feeling of community at FWC that is real and has made our time there wonderful.

Posted April 23, 2015
My children are third generation students at FWC. Fort Worth Christian is family oriented, nurturing, academically stringent, and most importantly, Christ centered. There are so many opportunities for our students (even at Elementary age) to find their God-given talents and use them to shine. The faculty makes it their mission to encourage and nurture these gifts. As I have read other reviews, I have noticed some specific criticisms that are unfounded in our experience. The people here, particularly those in leadership, are welcoming, kind, supportive, and knowledgeable. I could not be more confident in the care and education of my children. There is no place that is going to be perfect or that is going to be a fit for everyone, but there is no place I would rather send my children than to Fort Worth Christian School.

Posted April 22, 2015
If I could give the school zero stars I would. This year has proven to be eyeopening. Tuition has been raised again, multiple faculty have left (including two principals; one in the middle of the year), and the student population is not growing. The elem. school is a complete disaster. The building is falling apart, the students are picked apart by teachers, and the math curriculum is one of the worst I have ever seen. Parents have complained about the math program for years, yet nothing is done. The COTB is a parent in the elem. & middle school and intimidates whoever is in her path. The PTO is a group of mean gossip girls and unwelcoming to newcomers. There is no Christian Faith in this school. They thrive on tearing down the students. The high school will be the next disaster. Don't waste your time or your money sending your child to this toxic environment. All they want is your money. I feel sorry for the students and will not be returning.

Posted March 31, 2015
We are blessed to have our 2 children in the elementary school. Moving from out of state, we could not have asked for a better transition! Small class sizes (13-18 students), motivated and loving teachers, and Christian-raised and respectful, kind, non-judging students. As parents, we jumped in immediately to volunteer...this is key! We quickly grew our relationships with the teachers and administrators, alike. Open brown-bag meetings with parents to hear praises, concerns, current vs. future vision is just one example to ensure everyone's voices can be heard. Our family moves around frequently due to job transfers...being able to compare FWC to other well-respected Christian schools in FL and CO, we're proud to call FWC our home school. Daily chapel is a fantastic way to start each day and the flexibility given to the teachers to rearrange lesson plans in order to do "deep dives" in to the class' interests are a plus!

Posted February 26, 2015
I attended FWC for 6 years beginning in 7th grade and graduating in 2013. Fort Worth Christian is a very invalidating environment as a student. It is difficult to get the appropriate people to help you due to the cutthroat social hierarchy. Within FWC, the teachers, staff and principle participate in favoritism of certain students. Many of these teachers are these students friends above anything else. Most students befriended by staff and teachers are either an athlete or a legacy/beneficiary donating to the school. If you do not belong to one of these groups then you are essentially of no importance. Another problem I encountered during my time at FWC was the lack of support and help I received from teachers in an educational aspect. During my Junior year, I took a class in which my teacher did not teach a single lesson. He would, at random, put in grades for assignments we never did. The high school art teacher would paint over my artwork to "fix" it. What was once a passion had become something I dreaded. I had another teacher who blatantly told me she would not help me because she felt as if I lacked motivation. All in all, I would not recommend FWC. I was miserable.

Fort Worth Christian School
6200 Holiday Lane, Fort Worth, TX  76180
Last modified Fort Worth Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Fort Worth Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 64 reviews. Top