Posted March 17, 2015
I am incredibly blessed to work at FWC and couldn't imagine having my children at any other school. My kids always say how much their teachers love them and how connected they feel to their friends here. My husband and I have become friends with our children's friend's parents. We even travel with them on family break! The sense of community is real and brings true meaning to the phrase, "It takes a village." Our children are being prepared for college and taught problem solving skills. They are encouraged to serve for the Kingdom and be a blessing to others.

Posted February 26, 2015
I attended FWC for 6 years beginning in 7th grade and graduating in 2013. Fort Worth Christian is a very invalidating environment as a student. It is difficult to get the appropriate people to help you due to the cutthroat social hierarchy. Within FWC, the teachers, staff and principle participate in favoritism of certain students. Many of these teachers are these students friends above anything else. Most students befriended by staff and teachers are either an athlete or a legacy/beneficiary donating to the school. If you do not belong to one of these groups then you are essentially of no importance. Another problem I encountered during my time at FWC was the lack of support and help I received from teachers in an educational aspect. During my Junior year, I took a class in which my teacher did not teach a single lesson. He would, at random, put in grades for assignments we never did. The high school art teacher would paint over my artwork to "fix" it. What was once a passion had become something I dreaded. I had another teacher who blatantly told me she would not help me because she felt as if I lacked motivation. All in all, I would not recommend FWC. I was miserable.
4 people found this helpful

Fort Worth Christian School 2

Posted February 15, 2015
There was blatant favoritism from the get-go my first year in 6th grade well-connected classmates and the athletic elite had complete control over the classroom. Never in my life have I experienced what I did my first year at FWC I was humiliated by boys and girls alike in several different ways over the course of that entire school year. I m convinced that the only reason why the hoo-hahs in my class left me alone was because of middle school football practice and what I could do in the weight room. If you re looking for a genuinely Christ-centered environment where people truly care about you and your well-being and aren t hung up on doctrine or how much money they can squeeze out of you, my heartfelt advice is that you move along. The costs more than outweigh the benefits at Fort Worth Christian. The teachers are under qualified, the social atmosphere is suffocating, and it s way more expensive than it should be. If your child confronts you with concerns from being over there, listen to them. Hear them out. Power-hungry parents monopolizing the social scene will have no part in controlling and influencing MY kids, and I m sure you feel the same way. Look elsewhere first.
6 people found this helpful

Posted February 04, 2015
We are so blessed to be a part of Fort Worth Christian. The administration and staff truly care about our children and want to see them succeed and grow closer to Christ. They are challenged both spiritually and academically. We feel they are being prepared for college as well as learning about service to others. They have been given leadership opportunities and are able to participate in many extra curricular activities. The friendships are family has made the past few years are priceless.

Posted January 27, 2015
This is my 4th year at FWC and I can't imagine being anywhere else. It's small enough that we all know each other but still have a lot of opportunities to do activities and sports. We also get to go on mission trips and learn about other countries and go serve there. I love my teachers and have the best friends I could ever ask for.

Posted December 18, 2014
I have 3 children at FWC. I can not think of anywhere else I would want my children attending school. The teachers and staff are warm and caring toward the students. 100% of the graduates are accepted to colleges and universities. The teachers genuinely care about the students and their success. Students have chapel daily as well as Bible class. The school is growing and expanding. The new chapel is under construction and will be completed in 2015. It does take money to create a nice campus and FWC is blessed by gracious donors and visionary leaders who see the future of FWC and help FWC continue to move forward.
5 people found this helpful

Posted November 23, 2014
I just started going here in 9th grade this year. I really like it. All the teachers are fun and helpful and all the students are friendly.
6 people found this helpful

Posted November 05, 2014
I too am VERY DISSAPOINTED with the school. I can not speak for the high school level but only for the elementary and middle school level. Both my children one in middle and the other in elementary school have been attending this school for a couple of years now. I will be transferring the one in elementary out next year. The elementary was great at one time until the newest principle took over. Don't be fooled by the soft spoken supposedly "Christian Man". If your child ever has to be disciplined by him...BEWARE because his true self will come out. He is a harsh man with dictator type of attitude. Rather than addressing the issue and solving the problem. He will just bring the child down. It's his way or the highway and I mean that literally. If he does not like your child for any reason, he will simply ask the parent to take the child elsewhere. The bible says, "Proverbs 22:6 "Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it." None of which is instilled at the school. I encourage you all to pray first and then make your decision before placing your child in this school
19 people found this helpful

Posted October 03, 2014
Our experience at FWC has been nothing short of a disappointment. The leadership, both administration and principals, are lacking in compassion, direction and discipline. The principal of the elem. school is so judgmental toward the parents and the students, that the atmosphere in the school is cold, uncomfortable and disconnected. The elem. school has gone through multiple principals, and the quality each new principal continues to decline. The enrollment in down due to increased tuition and internal problems; both of which are a result of the president. Bullying is ongoing and never addressed. There is little or no joy in the halls of the elem. school. My students feel as if they are being judged, daily, by the stern and unkind looks from the elem. principal. There is no interview process at FCW, like there are at other private schools, so the population of students is not well balanced. Kind families leave and problem families reign high at FWC. The unity within the students is frayed, the teachers appear frustrated, and the principal portrays someone that has his own agenda. If you are looking for a family, loving and kind atmosphere, I suggest you look else where.
18 people found this helpful

Posted September 11, 2014
We have been so happy at FWC! It has truly been a blessing to our family. The academics are challenging, the teacher's care about their students and other families have become 'family'. The school is large enough to have numerous activities (sports, music, art), but small enough that most students can participate and the make the team. The Christian values and education will carry over into college and life. FWC has certainly been a great fit!

Fort Worth Christian School
6200 Holiday Lane, Fort Worth, TX  76180
Last modified Fort Worth Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Fort Worth Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 58 reviews. Top