Fort Worth, TX
Before care: Yes

Posted December 18, 2014
I have 3 children at FWC. I can not think of anywhere else I would want my children attending school. The teachers and staff are warm and caring toward the students. 100% of the graduates are accepted to colleges and universities. The teachers genuinely care about the students and their success. Students have chapel daily as well as Bible class. The school is growing and expanding. The new chapel is under construction and will be completed in 2015. It does take money to create a nice campus and FWC is blessed by gracious donors and visionary leaders who see the future of FWC and help FWC continue to move forward.

Posted November 23, 2014
I just started going here in 9th grade this year. I really like it. All the teachers are fun and helpful and all the students are friendly.
2 people found this helpful

Posted November 05, 2014
I too am VERY DISSAPOINTED with the school. I can not speak for the high school level but only for the elementary and middle school level. Both my children one in middle and the other in elementary school have been attending this school for a couple of years now. I will be transferring the one in elementary out next year. The elementary was great at one time until the newest principle took over. Don't be fooled by the soft spoken supposedly "Christian Man". If your child ever has to be disciplined by him...BEWARE because his true self will come out. He is a harsh man with dictator type of attitude. Rather than addressing the issue and solving the problem. He will just bring the child down. It's his way or the highway and I mean that literally. If he does not like your child for any reason, he will simply ask the parent to take the child elsewhere. The bible says, "Proverbs 22:6 "Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it." None of which is instilled at the school. I encourage you all to pray first and then make your decision before placing your child in this school
12 people found this helpful

Posted October 03, 2014
Our experience at FWC has been nothing short of a disappointment. The leadership, both administration and principals, are lacking in compassion, direction and discipline. The principal of the elem. school is so judgmental toward the parents and the students, that the atmosphere in the school is cold, uncomfortable and disconnected. The elem. school has gone through multiple principals, and the quality each new principal continues to decline. The enrollment in down due to increased tuition and internal problems; both of which are a result of the president. Bullying is ongoing and never addressed. There is little or no joy in the halls of the elem. school. My students feel as if they are being judged, daily, by the stern and unkind looks from the elem. principal. There is no interview process at FCW, like there are at other private schools, so the population of students is not well balanced. Kind families leave and problem families reign high at FWC. The unity within the students is frayed, the teachers appear frustrated, and the principal portrays someone that has his own agenda. If you are looking for a family, loving and kind atmosphere, I suggest you look else where.
11 people found this helpful

Posted September 11, 2014
We have been so happy at FWC! It has truly been a blessing to our family. The academics are challenging, the teacher's care about their students and other families have become 'family'. The school is large enough to have numerous activities (sports, music, art), but small enough that most students can participate and the make the team. The Christian values and education will carry over into college and life. FWC has certainly been a great fit!

Posted September 07, 2014
We toured the school, and the employee that showed us around was nice. She would stop along the tour and speak to current families and let the family promote the school to us. The school seemed like a friendly and accepting place. After we enrolled and became a part of their "family" everything changed. There are so many problems in the elementary school, beginning with the principal, teachers and students. If you have to speak to the principal for any reason, you have to pray 10 minutes first, then you get a sermon about how God is in control of everything, and the issues are never resolved. The students are beat down so badly that they never build self confidence. There are multiple behavioral problems within the school that are never addressed. The quality of teachers at the middle school is diminishing because the new principal is a micromanager. The president of the school does nothing but ask for money, walk around observing, and makes the parents feel as if they are being judged. If you want a school that offers a fun, happy, and joyful place to learn, look elsewhere. We left and are sorry we ever drank the FWC koolaid. Don't subject your family to this school.
13 people found this helpful

Posted August 22, 2014
This is the start of our 6th year at FWC and we love it. With any school there are pros and cons but the pros definitely out way the cons. I have seen my children blossom socially and academically. They are challenged everyday with the school work but I wouldn't want it any other way. There is an extra- curricular activity for every child to be involved in. From sports to music they should be able to find their niche. I feel as if it is truly a Christian family at FWC and I love that my children get to praise God everyday!

Posted June 11, 2014
FWC is a great environment for kids of all ages. They work really hard to meet the student needs and engage the families in academic, spiritual, and social growth.

Posted February 23, 2014
FWC has been perfect for our family. The elementary teachers are experienced, christian people, who have great ideas and use the ipads as a great tool to teach the class. We are so pleased with the low teacher/child ratio (low compared to other private and definitely public) and love the learning lab they have for students with learning differences. The middle school has given us so much peace with the attention to any character issues, and the effort of the teachers to make a difference in our child's life. Athletics is excellent, with amazing coaches. Our child has so many friends and loves it. Very impressed with MacBook with ilearn to help them keep up with assignments and well as parent info for us. The high school not only offered academic choices for our child, but helped him prepare and apply for the college he wanted. The athletic program was absolutely life changing for our son, as the athletic director provides many opportunities for character building on and off the field, and really sees the big picture. The coaches are some of my sons best friends, and they helped him get the athletic scholarship he wanted. We plan on staying here until all our children graduate!

Posted January 18, 2014
FWC was the great disappointment of our family. Please do not struggle financially to send your kids there, it is not worth it!! We sought out FWC for a small town, Christian, higher education school environment for our child. However, we found there were so many clicks at the school it was difficult to make friends and there were issues with bullies that administration refused to address because of favoritism (alumni or teachers kids/friends). We found that our concerns were literally ignored or snubbed by Elementary teachers, administration at all levels of the school. It got to the point we were counting the days in joy of leaving the school. Since we've left we've found another Christian education In the area without the clicks, without the bullies, with teachers and administrators that if you have a concern it is addressed immediately with even better education opportunities we're thankful we left FWC. So parents beware as you read these reviews there are several that are not happy at the school but they stay there because they want a Christian environment for their kids but there are other options out there. Please seek them out before you settle on FWC Elementary especially!
12 people found this helpful

Fort Worth Christian School
6200 Holiday Lane, Fort Worth, TX  76180
Last modified Fort Worth Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Fort Worth Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top