Posted April 23, 2015
My children are third generation students at FWC. Fort Worth Christian is family oriented, nurturing, academically stringent, and most importantly, Christ centered. There are so many opportunities for our students (even at Elementary age) to find their God-given talents and use them to shine. The faculty makes it their mission to encourage and nurture these gifts. As I have read other reviews, I have noticed some specific criticisms that are unfounded in our experience. The people here, particularly those in leadership, are welcoming, kind, supportive, and knowledgeable. I could not be more confident in the care and education of my children. There is no place that is going to be perfect or that is going to be a fit for everyone, but there is no place I would rather send my children than to Fort Worth Christian School.

Fort Worth Christian School 1

Posted April 22, 2015
If I could give the school zero stars I would. This year has proven to be eyeopening. Tuition has been raised again, multiple faculty have left (including two principals; one in the middle of the year), and the student population is not growing. The elem. school is a complete disaster. The building is falling apart, the students are picked apart by teachers, and the math curriculum is one of the worst I have ever seen. Parents have complained about the math program for years, yet nothing is done. The COTB is a parent in the elem. & middle school and intimidates whoever is in her path. The PTO is a group of mean gossip girls and unwelcoming to newcomers. There is no Christian Faith in this school. They thrive on tearing down the students. The high school will be the next disaster. Don't waste your time or your money sending your child to this toxic environment. All they want is your money. I feel sorry for the students and will not be returning.
2 people found this helpful

Posted March 31, 2015
We are blessed to have our 2 children in the elementary school. Moving from out of state, we could not have asked for a better transition! Small class sizes (13-18 students), motivated and loving teachers, and Christian-raised and respectful, kind, non-judging students. As parents, we jumped in immediately to volunteer...this is key! We quickly grew our relationships with the teachers and administrators, alike. Open brown-bag meetings with parents to hear praises, concerns, current vs. future vision is just one example to ensure everyone's voices can be heard. Our family moves around frequently due to job transfers...being able to compare FWC to other well-respected Christian schools in FL and CO, we're proud to call FWC our home school. Daily chapel is a fantastic way to start each day and the flexibility given to the teachers to rearrange lesson plans in order to do "deep dives" in to the class' interests are a plus!
3 people found this helpful

Posted March 17, 2015
I am incredibly blessed to work at FWC and couldn't imagine having my children at any other school. My kids always say how much their teachers love them and how connected they feel to their friends here. My husband and I have become friends with our children's friend's parents. We even travel with them on family break! The sense of community is real and brings true meaning to the phrase, "It takes a village." Our children are being prepared for college and taught problem solving skills. They are encouraged to serve for the Kingdom and be a blessing to others.

Fort Worth Christian School 1

Posted February 26, 2015
I attended FWC for 6 years beginning in 7th grade and graduating in 2013. Fort Worth Christian is a very invalidating environment as a student. It is difficult to get the appropriate people to help you due to the cutthroat social hierarchy. Within FWC, the teachers, staff and principle participate in favoritism of certain students. Many of these teachers are these students friends above anything else. Most students befriended by staff and teachers are either an athlete or a legacy/beneficiary donating to the school. If you do not belong to one of these groups then you are essentially of no importance. Another problem I encountered during my time at FWC was the lack of support and help I received from teachers in an educational aspect. During my Junior year, I took a class in which my teacher did not teach a single lesson. He would, at random, put in grades for assignments we never did. The high school art teacher would paint over my artwork to "fix" it. What was once a passion had become something I dreaded. I had another teacher who blatantly told me she would not help me because she felt as if I lacked motivation. All in all, I would not recommend FWC. I was miserable.
7 people found this helpful

Fort Worth Christian School 2

Posted February 15, 2015
There was blatant favoritism from the get-go my first year in 6th grade well-connected classmates and the athletic elite had complete control over the classroom. Never in my life have I experienced what I did my first year at FWC I was humiliated by boys and girls alike in several different ways over the course of that entire school year. I m convinced that the only reason why the hoo-hahs in my class left me alone was because of middle school football practice and what I could do in the weight room. If you re looking for a genuinely Christ-centered environment where people truly care about you and your well-being and aren t hung up on doctrine or how much money they can squeeze out of you, my heartfelt advice is that you move along. The costs more than outweigh the benefits at Fort Worth Christian. The teachers are under qualified, the social atmosphere is suffocating, and it s way more expensive than it should be. If your child confronts you with concerns from being over there, listen to them. Hear them out. Power-hungry parents monopolizing the social scene will have no part in controlling and influencing MY kids, and I m sure you feel the same way. Look elsewhere first.
9 people found this helpful

Posted February 04, 2015
We are so blessed to be a part of Fort Worth Christian. The administration and staff truly care about our children and want to see them succeed and grow closer to Christ. They are challenged both spiritually and academically. We feel they are being prepared for college as well as learning about service to others. They have been given leadership opportunities and are able to participate in many extra curricular activities. The friendships are family has made the past few years are priceless.

Posted January 27, 2015
This is my 4th year at FWC and I can't imagine being anywhere else. It's small enough that we all know each other but still have a lot of opportunities to do activities and sports. We also get to go on mission trips and learn about other countries and go serve there. I love my teachers and have the best friends I could ever ask for.

Posted December 18, 2014
I have 3 children at FWC. I can not think of anywhere else I would want my children attending school. The teachers and staff are warm and caring toward the students. 100% of the graduates are accepted to colleges and universities. The teachers genuinely care about the students and their success. Students have chapel daily as well as Bible class. The school is growing and expanding. The new chapel is under construction and will be completed in 2015. It does take money to create a nice campus and FWC is blessed by gracious donors and visionary leaders who see the future of FWC and help FWC continue to move forward.
7 people found this helpful

Posted November 23, 2014
I just started going here in 9th grade this year. I really like it. All the teachers are fun and helpful and all the students are friendly.
8 people found this helpful

Fort Worth Christian School
6200 Holiday Lane, Fort Worth, TX  76180
Last modified Fort Worth Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Fort Worth Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 61 reviews. Top