Daggett Montessori

Public | K-8 | 523 students

Posted May 22, 2014

I have a boy and a girl who have attended Daggett Montessori since kindergarten, and who are currently in the fourth and third grade, respectively. I am overall extremely satisfied with the education they have both received. Please allow me to elaborate. My son has ADHD and for the first three years he was in attendance, he was not medicated. The teachers and the vice principle (she handles the elementary school students) were extremely attentive to his needs, very involved with his academics, made accommodations for his attention and hyperactivity issues, and immediately addressed any issues related to bullying that he experienced. They never pressured me to medicate him, despite the fact that they knew he needed it (he is medicated now). The counselor also has an open door policy and is very involved with the students. My daughter has also received a lot of support from the teachers and staff. She has severe dyslexia; therefore, she has had a very difficult time academically. That being said, the teachers and the staff have been wonderful in assisting her with accommodations and with extra academic support. My kids love Daggett Montessori, and so do I!

Posted March 19, 2014

In regards to middle school, it is true - the middle school is not Montessori. However, Daggett Montessori has had the highest or second highest Readistep (formerly PSAT) scores for the past 10? years (second to Women's Leadership Academy who can kick a kid out if they don't maintain a certain GPA). So regardless of Montessori or not, I think it's fair to say, they do a great job at preparing kids for high school. And actually, I think it serves a kid well that they are able to transition from Montessori to traditional on a campus that is sensitive to that method. Especially considering that likely 99% of the 8th graders attend traditional high schools.

Posted February 17, 2014

Once you get to Middle School, forget about Montessori. That's just a title that looks good! PreK to 5th is fine and kids are happy.Not a bad school per say but the transition between 5th and 6th is non existent. It seems like teachers have decided to get those kids into a mold no matter how. Just a regular public school! Academics are OK but not impressive! Well, it may just not be the right school for us.

Posted January 16, 2014

I love this school. I saw two parents posted that the principal would not help with bullies. I belive the school has changed principals since then and practice no tolerance. Actually I was worried that my child would be bullied at other schools but he had little to no problems here and any problems we did have we took them right to the principal where it was resolved. Now I have a second child that goes there as well who loves the school.

Posted December 6, 2013

I love daggett monesstori I grew up there from kindergarden to seventh grade now I have family here everyone is so nice and caring if you need help about anything they will help you. Some people have their own oppinions about daggett monesstori but I have a fact that daggett monesstori is family to everyone. ^_^

Posted November 1, 2013

We absolutely could not be happier with this school! The teachers, the students, the families, everything! One thing in particular that stands out to me every time I walk in the school, is the manner in which the older kids treat the younger kids. For example, every Halloween the kindergarteners put on a "Storybook Parade", as they do in most schools. They wear their costumes and march all around the school. I watched this parade for several years and every single year it's the same thing. The older kids are all lining the hallways (like there's not an empty space to be seen!) and offering high fives and sweet remarks to the little ones! It's just an awesome sight. I truly could go on and on about how much our family loves this place :)

Posted September 4, 2012

My daughter had a horrible experience at this school. The principal and vice principal refused to do anything when my child went to them and told them she was being bullied. I also went to the vice principal several times with my concerns. After asking the vice principal for help with stopping my child from being bullied several times I was told the school is not the right place for us. They wanted my child to leave and would not help my child. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Posted May 17, 2012

DMS is a great school, that you can't find a second school like this... I love the school so much as a parent. I get to involve many activities with the kids and teacher..

Posted November 6, 2011

This school is amazing! Because enrollment is based on a random lottery system it took us a while to get our kids enrolled. This gave us the opportunity to have something to compare to and Daggett Montessori far surpasses the other schools we have attended. The principal, vice principal, and the teachers see our kids as individuals and want nothing more than to see them engaged in learning and to create an environment that develops a love for learning. It is hard to find a public school like this when such an emphasis is put on standardized testing for the masses not the individuals. All of the teachers seems to truly love their jobs and it comes across to the kids who in turn seem to love learning. I can't say enough about this great school!

Posted October 31, 2011

this school is a horrible experience for our child, the teacher always was had a violence psychological and always others kids were bulling to our child and the principal never do nothing to resolve the problem and always protect to this kind of teachers, please be careful because this is not the best school to children. never put them in this violence school.

Posted October 31, 2011

I completely disagree with the previous review. Daggett Montessori is a fantastic school, with really a great principal and assistant principal! The teachers are great and work hard to make learning fun, interesting and personalized. Our son also had a problem with bullying, and they were on it immediately. They called conferences with the kids involved, and with teachers, my son and us. It was resolved. We can't say enough great things about this wonderful school. Great atmosphere and leaders who care a great deal about the students.

Posted January 14, 2010

I grew up from kindergarten to eighth grade at Daggett Montessori. There isn't a second that I would take back. The montessori way is perfect for kids and made learning fun and interactive. Also, growing up surrounded by the same kids has given me life long friends.

Posted October 1, 2009

Going to Daggett Montessori has been a wonderful experience for my children. The school has the community environment that i have previously found only in private schools. Parents, students, faculty, and staff work together to create a superior learning environment.

Posted September 14, 2009

The school is the best in FWISD. The staff and facuilty is amazing the students love them so much. My child attended Daggett for middle school and I wish I would have enrolled him from Kindergarten. He worked with the Kindergarteners for his 8th grade year and had an oustanding time with them he loved it so much now everyday he tells me that he misses it. 'm just proud of that school

Posted June 4, 2009

My 7-year-old who goes to Daggett Montessori sat down with his 4-year-old brother yesterday and wrote out a multiplication problem (1982 x 3) and completed it successfully. Then, he taught his brother, who is not even yet in pre-k, how to add on paper. This 7-year-old is in a 1/2/3 class at Daggett Montessori, and this one example illustrates the Montessori ways of students being able to learn up and having opportunities to practice teaching down. I am so proud that my 7-year-old not only is working way ahead in math but that he cares about teaching others and is gaining invaluable practice in articulating what he is learning with helping someone else in mind. Kudos to Daggett Montessori from a two-year-at-DMS parent.

Posted June 3, 2009

As a proud Parent of a middle school student that will be promoting into the ninth grade, I must say we have been with Daggett since Kaitlin was in kindergarten we will miss the daggett family tremendously. this is a wonderful school with parent involvement. the staff truly cares about your childs future. If you are considering Daggett Montessori, you are looking in the right direction, you will be pleased...

Posted April 28, 2009

My daughter attends dms and she is doing great. The teachers really care about the students and always make time for us over concerned parents.

Posted June 23, 2008

Daggett Montessori is the best school ever!! It rocks!!!

Posted April 15, 2008

Daggett is a wonderful school with alot to offer.Not only do we have nurturing teachers, we also have a kind and respectful students.Even though im going to a private school in 8th grade is was nice to be in an enviroment like the one at Daggett Montessori.If I could stay at this school I would.

Posted March 11, 2008

I'm a former student (now a senior at WHHS!) and even though there's a lack of enforcement for the no bullying policy (I went through that myself) and not a lot of extracurricular activities, it's still a pretty good school. The middle school teachers are especially wonderful, especially Mrs. Barker! I still keep in touch with her. I recommend DMS to my older friends with kids about to start school.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

53 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2011.

53 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2011.

56 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 88% in 2011.

55 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 90% in 2011.

54 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 82% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 87% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 84% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 83% in 2011.

71 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 86% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 94% in 2011.

73 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2011.

66 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 73% in 2011.

66 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 79% in 2011.

65 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 95% in 2011.

65 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Female96%

Not special education98%
Proficient in English98%
Not migrant98%

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 79% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 72% in 2013.

54 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 68% in 2013.

55 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 71% in 2013.

55 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 77% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 75% in 2013.

50 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 73% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 71% in 2013.

70 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2013.

70 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 77% in 2013.

72 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 71% in 2013.

41 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 70% in 2013.

72 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 84% in 2013.

40 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 77% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 75% in 2013.

69 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 63% in 2013.

69 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 78% in 2013.

31 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 97% in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 85% in 2013.

Chemistry

The state average for Chemistry was 84% in 2013.

English I Reading

The state average for English I Reading was 65% in 2013.

29 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I Writing

The state average for English I Writing was 48% in 2013.

29 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II Reading

The state average for English II Reading was 78% in 2013.

English II Writing

The state average for English II Writing was 52% in 2013.

English III Reading

The state average for English III Reading was 63% in 2013.

English III Writing

The state average for English III Writing was 42% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 86% in 2013.

16 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Physics

The state average for Physics was 81% in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 73% in 2013.

World Geography

The state average for World Geography was 75% in 2013.

World History

The state average for World History was 70% in 2013.

All Students80%

U.S. History

World Geography

World History

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "Recognized".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Exemplary".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "Recognized".

Asian or Pacific Islander 4% 4%

This school District averageState average
Beginning teachers 0%N/AN/A
Source: Civil Rights Data Collection, 2011-2012

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Music teacher(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

• Band
  • Choir / Chorus

Language learning

Level of ESL/ELL programming offered

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • SUSAN WADE
Fax number
  • (817) 814-6350

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Montessori
Level of special education programming offered
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered

Staff resources available to students
  • Music teacher(s)
Extra learning resources offered
  • Counseling
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)
Transportation options