Posted May 22, 2014
I have a boy and a girl who have attended Daggett Montessori since kindergarten, and who are currently in the fourth and third grade, respectively. I am overall extremely satisfied with the education they have both received. Please allow me to elaborate. My son has ADHD and for the first three years he was in attendance, he was not medicated. The teachers and the vice principle (she handles the elementary school students) were extremely attentive to his needs, very involved with his academics, made accommodations for his attention and hyperactivity issues, and immediately addressed any issues related to bullying that he experienced. They never pressured me to medicate him, despite the fact that they knew he needed it (he is medicated now). The counselor also has an open door policy and is very involved with the students. My daughter has also received a lot of support from the teachers and staff. She has severe dyslexia; therefore, she has had a very difficult time academically. That being said, the teachers and the staff have been wonderful in assisting her with accommodations and with extra academic support. My kids love Daggett Montessori, and so do I!

Daggett Montessori 4

Posted March 19, 2014
In regards to middle school, it is true - the middle school is not Montessori. However, Daggett Montessori has had the highest or second highest Readistep (formerly PSAT) scores for the past 10? years (second to Women's Leadership Academy who can kick a kid out if they don't maintain a certain GPA). So regardless of Montessori or not, I think it's fair to say, they do a great job at preparing kids for high school. And actually, I think it serves a kid well that they are able to transition from Montessori to traditional on a campus that is sensitive to that method. Especially considering that likely 99% of the 8th graders attend traditional high schools.

Daggett Montessori 3

Posted February 17, 2014
Once you get to Middle School, forget about Montessori. That's just a title that looks good! PreK to 5th is fine and kids are happy.Not a bad school per say but the transition between 5th and 6th is non existent. It seems like teachers have decided to get those kids into a mold no matter how. Just a regular public school! Academics are OK but not impressive! Well, it may just not be the right school for us.

Posted January 16, 2014
I love this school. I saw two parents posted that the principal would not help with bullies. I belive the school has changed principals since then and practice no tolerance. Actually I was worried that my child would be bullied at other schools but he had little to no problems here and any problems we did have we took them right to the principal where it was resolved. Now I have a second child that goes there as well who loves the school.

Posted December 06, 2013
I love daggett monesstori I grew up there from kindergarden to seventh grade now I have family here everyone is so nice and caring if you need help about anything they will help you. Some people have their own oppinions about daggett monesstori but I have a fact that daggett monesstori is family to everyone. ^_^

Posted November 01, 2013
We absolutely could not be happier with this school! The teachers, the students, the families, everything! One thing in particular that stands out to me every time I walk in the school, is the manner in which the older kids treat the younger kids. For example, every Halloween the kindergarteners put on a "Storybook Parade", as they do in most schools. They wear their costumes and march all around the school. I watched this parade for several years and every single year it's the same thing. The older kids are all lining the hallways (like there's not an empty space to be seen!) and offering high fives and sweet remarks to the little ones! It's just an awesome sight. I truly could go on and on about how much our family loves this place :)

Daggett Montessori 1

Posted September 04, 2012
My daughter had a horrible experience at this school. The principal and vice principal refused to do anything when my child went to them and told them she was being bullied. I also went to the vice principal several times with my concerns. After asking the vice principal for help with stopping my child from being bullied several times I was told the school is not the right place for us. They wanted my child to leave and would not help my child. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Posted May 17, 2012
DMS is a great school, that you can't find a second school like this... I love the school so much as a parent. I get to involve many activities with the kids and teacher..

Posted November 06, 2011
This school is amazing! Because enrollment is based on a random lottery system it took us a while to get our kids enrolled. This gave us the opportunity to have something to compare to and Daggett Montessori far surpasses the other schools we have attended. The principal, vice principal, and the teachers see our kids as individuals and want nothing more than to see them engaged in learning and to create an environment that develops a love for learning. It is hard to find a public school like this when such an emphasis is put on standardized testing for the masses not the individuals. All of the teachers seems to truly love their jobs and it comes across to the kids who in turn seem to love learning. I can't say enough about this great school!

Daggett Montessori 1

Posted October 31, 2011
this school is a horrible experience for our child, the teacher always was had a violence psychological and always others kids were bulling to our child and the principal never do nothing to resolve the problem and always protect to this kind of teachers, please be careful because this is not the best school to children. never put them in this violence school.

Daggett Montessori
801 West Jessamine Street, Fort Worth, TX  76110
Last modified Daggett Montessori is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Daggett Montessori Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 50 reviews.