Fort Worth, TX

Lowery Road Elementary School 2

Posted October 21, 2013
My son attended this school in their PPCD program last year. I absolutely LOVE his teacher & her aid but the rest of the school I could do without. I pulled my son after a terrible ARD in which the vice principal pretty much let me know that my child was a low priority. At the end of the school year, my son had just turned 4. His reading level was assessed at third grade & his IQ was 145. He has a speech delay which his doctors think is a condition known as Einstein Syndrome. When I brought this to the principal's attention & asked that he be offered SOME form of academics the following year, she & the school psychiatrist basically said "So what?" Then they acted surprised & ticked when I pulled him from the program! Their Autism "experts" decided my son was Autistic based on a checklist they were handed & inappropriate situations they put him in, setting him up for failure. They completely ignored statements from his doctors to the contrary..We thank God we were able to scrape the money together to put our kids in private school.

Posted June 18, 2012
Teachers and aides are all very helpfulalways willing to gotthe extra mile for the children.

Posted May 09, 2012
I have three children that come to this school. It has its ups and downs but what school doesn't. As the school sees the problem they handle it very quickly and do not hesitate to inform parents of situations. Mrs. Daley has my 4th grader in her class. She pushes him to be the best he can and acknowledges his intelligence. As she states often, "There are kids who you speak to as a kid, but your son I have to speak to like an Adult". That is the way it should be according to me. Mrs. Bergman has my 3rd grader. Mrs. Bergman is an awesome teacher who cares for my daughter deeply and keeps a watchful eye on her. Mrs. Nordskog has my 1st grader. Mrs. Nordskog continuously speaks me on my daughters behavior and as always it is perfect. I have noticed some people complain about how the staff handles children by blowing whistles and yelling at the kids to get where they are supposed to be and the kids don't like to listen. Parents want to blame it on the staff but I disagree. If you want to see how your child behaves without you make impromptu appearances at the schools then handle it. I am know for just showing up out of the blue.

Posted June 08, 2011
I have had at least one of my children at this school for the past four years, two for the past two years. Most of the teachers that both of my sons have had have been pretty good from what I can tell, but the students who attend this school do not seem to care. The parent involvement with the teachers & students is extremely low, so I feel that has something to do with it. I heard of complaints that some of the parents do not even look at their children's planner to see how their progress is going. Because of the lack of parent involvement, I can only give an average rating.

Posted October 09, 2010
I have had 3 children at Lowery Road Elementary. I have had wonderful teachers for the most part. I have had one teacher for 3 different years, Mrs. Harston. I simply love this teacher. She works with her parents. She was able to reach my 3 children in very different ways. My children have 3 very distinct personalities and it is not always easy for me to deal with them but she took each of that for whom they are and rose up and challenged my kids. She has had a wide variety of students in her class. She worked with my special needs child, just as she did my gifted child. I have one son who is a major handful but she made him feel like he was just like all the other students. She is strong and disciplined with her students but it pays off and the children love her. I also know that a neighbor was having difficulties and Mrs. Harston assisted and paid her electric bill to help her through the holidays.

Lowery Road Elementary School 1

Posted September 17, 2009

Posted April 29, 2009
I'm a concern parent on the control issue of the children especially during there lunch time. When spoken with some of the staff they all say they need volunteers to help out during this time I m sure that is true but in my opinion I don t think it s a volunteer issue it s more a staff issue on how they control the situation. Blowing a whistle or hollering at the children as though they are in boot camp is not a way to control the noise it only contributes to the issue. My child says it s a daily event and very disturbing. I have spoken to parents from other schools and commented on our problem and they voiced out that this is not a problem in there schools. So it makes me wonder why it s a problem in ours. The teacher/student ratio is a bit high and I know they do the best to give all the children the proper attention I m just hoping to see the ratio decrease as my child gets into the higher grades. The educators are great and my hat goes off to them

Posted August 26, 2008
i went to this school from third gradde to fifth and I loved it I made great friends and met awsome teachers

Lowery Road Elementary School 2

Posted May 20, 2008

Lowery Road Elementary School 0

Posted September 26, 2007
Mrs.Collins and Mr.Gamble are the best teachers for students to have...go to lowery road...please!

Lowery Road Elementary School
7600 Lowery Road, Fort Worth, TX  76120
Last modified Lowery Road Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lowery Road Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top