Fort Worth, TX

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted May 28, 2015
My son has been yelled at by a teacher for not finishing his work on time.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 28, 2015
When another child was bullying my child we were only notified when my son was overheard saying he wanted to kill himself. Even after that the assistant principal told us that they like to have the students work out their problems themselves.

Posted May 28, 2015
This is my son's first & last year at this school. It has been a horrifying experience. When enrolling him we brought his entire file of records from his previous school in person and spoke with the front office staff about our situation & his special education background. We were told someone from the special education department would contact us to arrange a meeting before school began. We never received any calls or emails.the night of meet the teacher we went to the office and asked when to expect a call. No one in the special education department, my child's teacher nor the principal were even aware of my son's classification. We were told that services given to him at his former district would be mirrored by EMS-ISD. This has not been done either. My child has fallen behind this year not only in academics but socially & emotionally as well, despite our multiple pleas & suggestions. I would not recommend this campus to any parent and my child will not be returning their next year.

Posted February 07, 2015
I have had a great experience with High Country. They have worked with me every step of the way with my son. I have eaten lunch with him and can tell you they have 20 minutes to eat just like every other school. His teacher always responds to my emails. They work in small groups as well so that students learn at the level they are at. His teachers have found advanced work to challenge students who are above grade level learning and take the time to work more indeth with those who need it. They use a buddy system with reading and students in 5th grade come down to his class and he can read to them as well so that he can get more reading in. I love the idea of the older kids learning to look out for the younger ones. It is a great first step to bringing more unity to our community as well as a wonderful prevention to bullies. Way to go High Country. In addition to my view, one of my best friends has children who are transferred into high country and even though people there are just human and can't be perfect with every step they take she would not have her kids at any other school.

Posted August 28, 2014
My daughter attended this school for only 3 days it was so bad.. they only get 10 minutes to eat and alot of parents dont know. I would try to communicate with her teacher but it seemed she didnt want to deal with question, the front office is rude and wont acknowledgedyou sometimes... its useless trying to communicate with anyone their ......

High Country Elementary School 2

Posted June 24, 2014
One of the better area elementary schools, but that is not saying much. Some good teachers and the office staff is great, but the pace program is a joke and not worth the time. PTA does nothing for the students just a political group that sponcers lunches for the teachers as a way to promote their own kids. Lucy the lunchroom lady is great and knows almost all the students names. She is one in a million.

Posted August 23, 2012
High Country has a wonderful and friendly office staff, that always greets you with a smile. An awesome hands-on principal, She is out greeting the kids in the morning and visit classrooms often. I feel blessed that my sons transfer request was approved, I would not want him to go anywhere else. and he is excited to go to school, as a parent that means more that any star rating :)

Posted March 27, 2012
huh, temporary building.........not sure what this comment is referring to, there is no temporary building, the school is almost new, 10 years old and all student are comfortable seated in classrooms. This school is a awesome.

Posted August 13, 2010
To the June 27 post about not being exemplary: HMMM--They are EXEMPLARY!!!!!! There was a letter sent out weeks ago with several schools ratings incorrect-High Country being one of those. Go to www.emsisd.com and verify it. The teachers at this school go over and beyond to give the students at High Country the best educational experience possible. The class sizes are larger than some schools, but this school has MANY transfer requests EVERY year because parents want their children at this wonderful campus. If you are that unhappy, put a request in and take your child somewhere else. I'm sure the district would approve it. Way to go HC--EXEMPLARY ONCE AGAIN!!!

Posted June 27, 2010
Was exemplary. Now just recognized. Hmmm. Class sizes are larger than listed on this site. They even had temporary buildings until this year. They were only removed because the city made them get rid of them. Great Schools also says High Country is exemplary. It isn't.

1301 High Country Trail, Fort Worth, TX  76131
Last modified High Country Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
High Country Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top