Public charter
Fort Worth, TX

Posted September 17, 2014
I attended the school for my junior and senior years of high school and I loved it. The sense of community and the support to achieve are incomparable to any public school, and I truly believe that attending this school made me a better person. There's always a sense of excitement and everyone that works there have such positive attitudes and such great passion for what they do, from the administration all the way to janitorial services. I've never seen students bond so much with their educators.

Posted July 21, 2014
Our kids have attended at FWAFA for 7 yrs. We are daily blessed to have our sons attend there. The teachers are beyond dedicated! The education, check out our national ratings, has exceeded our expectations and continually challenges our boys. FWAFA is dedicated to child success. There is so much help and attention given to each child. We have one son that needed an accelerated curriculum-he got it! It is awesome. Our other son struggled to read. Several teachers stepped up and gave thier personal time to him dedicating themselves to his success. Additionally, he was also assigned a tutor. She was amazing. He no longer needs he help. Our son now reads and is one of the top students in several of his classes. I cannot say enough about the education, supreme environment and dedication this school presents. It is fabulous. You could only be so lucky to have a child at this school. For anyone that may not feel so kindly about school, or our fine art fees, it's a shame! Take your child to another school. There is a very long wait list for kids that want to be @ FWAFA. It is an incredible school. Give the opportunity to a kid who is waiting and wants it. FWAFA is a rare opportunity.

Posted May 21, 2014
The prior post does not represent me or most parents. I LOVE this school. FWAFA emphasizes the arts, but the academics are exceptional too. My kids went on to great universities and excelled in part because they had a great academic foundation provided to them by FWAFA. I love the small school environment. With only 30 to 60 students per GRADE, teachers know and care about their students. I like that grades 3-12 are all at one school. I think younger kids see and learn from older students and envision what they might expect. I like many of the traditions that make this school unique and give students great experiences outside of the classroom. I like that my children had national and international travel experiences that they would not have had in a typical public school. I feel the arts component of FWAFA makes well-rounded adults whether they decide to pursue their art or not. Anyone interested should visit the campus, talk to students and parents, or attend one of the many fine arts programs produced by the school. FWAFA is more than a school it is a community of faculty, staff, and parents dedicated to giving students the best academic and artist experience it can provide.

Posted May 19, 2014
This used to be a wonderful school. The decline over the past 5-6 years is shocking and very sad. The Administration is non-responsive to any parent-raised concern. This is well known and a running joke among parents. The biggest issue is the mean-spiritedness among students. This is the case from the youngest grades to the oldest. Students are used to being "top dog" in their art prior to arriving at FWAFA. They are downright mean to one another and the Administration never seems to notice. If a parent complains the call/email is never returned until the parent gives up. Academics are very weak and faculty turns over often. There are a few excellent teachers in 11th/12th grades (who arrived before the current admin) but from what one hears they are planning to leave as well because of the decline in the culture of the school. Students arrive at FWAFA as strong students but standardized tests over time (looking at any one student) decline with each year spent at the school. Please look beyond the "honor" of being accepted. Look at the potential long term affect on your child's heart (from the mean student culture) and educational future (from weak academics).

Posted October 24, 2012
I have been a student at FWAFA for four years. FWAFA is definitely a unique school. The students are all there because they are gifted in the arts and went through the audition process. Parents are supportive and encouraging. Teachers and faculty are also there because they have a passion for the arts and academics. Maybe they don't get paid a lot, but that helps to weed out the teachers who are there for the wrong reasons. Some people just can't handle the environment. We are like a huge family and we stick up for one another. Teachers push us because they know that we can handle it. We are ranked in the top schools in the nation and our test scores show that we take academics very seriously, especially in our English department, where we learn how to use proper grammar... We work hard for our grades because we understand that being a student at FWAFA isn't something to take for granted. We take pride in who we are. FWAFA is a fantastic school built around community, the arts, strong academics and students, parents, faculty and teachers that truly care.

Fort Worth Academy Of Fine Arts 4

Posted October 09, 2012
I totally disagree with yesterday's post...I am assuming this "previous" teacher must have been fired from the English department due to the fact that his/her post had incorrect grammar! My daughter has been @ FWAFA for 5 years and she is definitely excelling. I have personally had experience with a private school, public schools, & charter schools with my children. As with all schools, we have encountered minor issues with FWAFA but NOTHING to "write home about"! My daughter is highly motivated to make high grades in all of her classes. As her mom (a college grad), I know just how hard she works and just how hard the subject matter is that she is being taught...at least a year ahead of FWISD. All of her classmates are highly motivated and are realizing just how important their studies & grades are in getting into college. FWAFA is a "college prep" school...Everyone there wants to go to college. I feel extremely lucky for my daughter to have gotten into this fine school.

Posted October 08, 2012
As a former Teacher one of the worst schools academically as well as student attempts to learn. They are so use to receiving grades they don't even try. This is the worst schools ever. If a student don't pass the state assessments they are sent back to their home schools raising the high test results. This is a farce, the state should investigate. Teachers teaching subjects they are not qualified for.

Posted August 02, 2012
The administration of this school seems to exist only to collect their paychecks. Many of the staff are unqualified and inexperienced mothers of current or former students. The children of the staff have access to all private and sensitive matters discussed in the office and brag about this knowledge to their classmates. Upper School Students must spend 2 hours per day in "arts" classes, a waste of time for most, making the school day 2 hours longer than other high schools (8am-3.45pm, days preceding concerts can rehearse until 10pm). PTO is practically nonexistent, the principle must attend all committee meetings and all decisions must be personally approved by him, so every year no decisions are made and the principle tells the PTO what their fund-raising money must be used for. The theater department is excellent, as is upper school biology, but if you have a choice..run from this school - go to Booker T.

Posted June 05, 2011
My children have attended FWAFA, starting with my oldest, for 8 years now. We are very happy and blessed to have such dedicated teachers and staff. It is not your typical school, so it isn't for everyone. Academics are excellent and held at high standards, and artistic children are naturally inclined to be able to handle it. I also find that FWAFA prepares my children for the real world. My children have learned responsibility, respect, acceptance, self-confidence, just to name a few. The school has grown in size, and no longer has the feel of a "small school," where you know the names of all the children, but certainly has maintained its charisma, integrity and excellence.

Posted May 16, 2011
As another year is coming to a close, I have to say that I feel so fortunate that my child attends FWAFA. Her high ACT and SAT scores are a direct reflection of the quality education she is receiving at FWAFA. Academics does not get put on the back burner to the fine arts. She has been pushed in her LA and math courses in order to prepare for college. As my child talks with friends that go to other schools, she quickly realizes that the high expectations at FWAFA academically and in the area of fine arts is a gift. Yes, she has a large academic load on top of her performances; however, this will give her the time management skills she needs to be successful as a college student/performer. Thank you FWAFA staff for challanging my high achieving student!

Fort Worth Academy Of Fine Arts
3901 South Hulen Street, Fort Worth, TX  76109
Last modified Fort Worth Academy Of Fine Arts is a Charter school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fort Worth Academy Of Fine Arts Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 52 reviews. Top