Bad
Good

we have had nothing but good things to say about McLean 6th, my son has gone from being a boarderline student to getting straight A's, and the band program is wonderful....I hope this continues in to 7th and 8th grade... The only thing bad I have to say is the PTA is very closed if your children did not attend tanglewood...but If your child takes band we would love to have you as part of the band boosters....we rock...

I almost cried when I read these reviews. I went here and am now a high schooler and please, I'm begging you don't listen to them. This school is one of the best around. The AP classes are great and not as hard as your child would think. The teachers are wonderful and really connect with the students and all the teachers have wonderful personalities. This school helps you get ahead. If you were choosing between HSA and here this school will put your child in higher classes than they would be there. I'm at HSA right now and because of Mclean I'm in classes 2 years higher than a 1/3 of my classmates and a year higher than the other 2/3. This school feeds into Mclean Middle and then Paschal which is an awesome school.

Poorly run, disorganized, rules that have no relevance to learning, old run down facility, most parents are uninvolved, teachers do not engage the students. Many discipline problems at the school. I do not advise sending your child to this school. Our experience has lead to our decision to move out of Fort Worth or send our child to a private school.

If you can avoid this school, you should. The staff is disorganized. The teachers don't seem to be on the same page as the administrators and they seem too focused on dress code rather than performance.

Wonderful school! The teachers really care about the students and the AP classes are great. There is a lot of parent involvement.

Last modified Mclean 6th Grade is a Public school that serves grade 6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.