Posted May 02, 2011
we have had nothing but good things to say about McLean 6th, my son has gone from being a boarderline student to getting straight A's, and the band program is wonderful....I hope this continues in to 7th and 8th grade... The only thing bad I have to say is the PTA is very closed if your children did not attend tanglewood...but If your child takes band we would love to have you as part of the band boosters....we rock...

Posted April 30, 2011
I almost cried when I read these reviews. I went here and am now a high schooler and please, I'm begging you don't listen to them. This school is one of the best around. The AP classes are great and not as hard as your child would think. The teachers are wonderful and really connect with the students and all the teachers have wonderful personalities. This school helps you get ahead. If you were choosing between HSA and here this school will put your child in higher classes than they would be there. I'm at HSA right now and because of Mclean I'm in classes 2 years higher than a 1/3 of my classmates and a year higher than the other 2/3. This school feeds into Mclean Middle and then Paschal which is an awesome school.

Mclean 6th Grade 1

Posted February 26, 2011
Poorly run, disorganized, rules that have no relevance to learning, old run down facility, most parents are uninvolved, teachers do not engage the students. Many discipline problems at the school. I do not advise sending your child to this school. Our experience has lead to our decision to move out of Fort Worth or send our child to a private school.

Mclean 6th Grade 0

Posted May 29, 2009
If you can avoid this school, you should. The staff is disorganized. The teachers don't seem to be on the same page as the administrators and they seem too focused on dress code rather than performance.

Posted April 28, 2009
Wonderful school! The teachers really care about the students and the AP classes are great. There is a lot of parent involvement.

Posted September 22, 2008

Mclean 6th Grade 3

Posted October 15, 2007

Posted January 11, 2006
Good experience. First year I allowed my child in AP classes. Teachers good in helping my son adjusts from norm classes to AP classes.Big difference.I talked with each teacher every couple of weeks for update-most didn't mind-involvement was welcome.Teachers pleased with involved parent. Bad experience with bus-picked up 1 blk from house, convienent, gave it a try-pulled my child after two weeks. Bus is NOT suggested. My son found a bullet on the bus-gave it to the driver she pulled the bus over and called security he came out-did NOTHING! Didn't search the bus or any student! Sent bus on its way. Sad to say I was the only parent to call. I made a big stink-nothing happened to change procedures or protocol. The bus mgr told me to search the bus & students would have added 2.5 hours to the 'route' and they didn't think the bullet came from that bus run. Student safety is not issue on the busses. Shame for good school.

Posted November 05, 2003

Mclean 6th Grade
3201 South Hills Avenue, Fort Worth, TX  76109
Last modified Mclean 6th Grade is a Public school that serves grade 6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mclean 6th Grade Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top