Parkwood Hill Intermediate School 5

Posted May 23, 2014
Overall great school with awesome teachers my child has enjoyed his 2 years there!! We will miss it!

Posted August 29, 2012
Less than wealthy need not apply! The schools are nice, and the teachers seem to care about the kids, however if I could have put them in NW ISD, I would have. My son lives 1.8 miles from the school and only rides the bus 1 way and we have to pay $175 per semester for him to ride the bus! There are no discounts for 1 way trip only or short distance riders. If they ride the bus 1 time a month, its $175. I was called the 2nd day of school and was informed that they didnt have record of our payment, (It was paid they just didnt have it on line yet), therefore my son was not allowed on the bus and was to sit in the office until we could leave work and pick him up. This ISD will nickel and dime you to death. Their "required" school materials are extremely unreasonable. They offer a good education, great facilities, and good teachers, but by God you better be ready to break out your wallet. ALSO bus seats are first come first served, and routes are set up before the begining of the year based on paying riders. So if you transfer in, and they dont have a spot for you, your spouse might as well quit their job. But then you couldn't afford to send your kids to this "public" school anyway.

Posted August 25, 2012
Terrible school. Administration is very uncaring about your children. Principle is very domineering. I only wish I could transfer my student to a different Keller intermediate school. I am thinking that home schooling for one year may be my answer just to get out of this environment. Hillwood (across the street) can teach Parkwood Hill a thing or two. Now that is an exceptional school!!!!!

Posted June 18, 2011
had a HORRIBLE 2 years there. SO glad to be done. There are some awesome teachers, but there also some bad ones. Principal is the worst here. Hoping she moves on before my son has to go there in 2 years.

Parkwood Hill Intermediate School 5

Posted April 22, 2011
Wonderful teachers that provide challenging and fun activities. They provide a safe and nurturing environment.

Posted May 10, 2010

Posted March 12, 2010

Parkwood Hill Intermediate School 0

Posted January 26, 2010
new to the area. we came from an area out of state supposedly rated lower than Keller ISD ratings but so I am not impressed with the school. They seem to be teaching strictly for TAKS and not for critical thinking. The staff have been friendly and helpful. The classrooms are unruly, disrespectful and chaotic at times - very distracting for my 6th grader. There is no excuse for allowing such behavior. The busses are also rowdy allowing students to throw pencils, sharp objects, water bottles, and stand in the aisles. In my opinion, there is a lot of bravado and chest beating about this being a fantastic school district - so where is the beef?

Posted January 20, 2010
i love p.h.i.s.b/c there is so many good teachers .the downside of it is is that at lunch the 6th graders are so rowdy and loud

Parkwood Hill Intermediate School 0

Posted August 21, 2009
Great school, but, the principal is very domineering. I understand she was brought in to raise TAKS scores and she has done that job well. She has also removed fun from the school. Just not the same atmosphere as when my older son attended PHIS. Sad.

Parkwood Hill Intermediate School
8201 Parkwood Hill Boulevard, Fort Worth, TX  76137
Last modified Parkwood Hill Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Parkwood Hill Intermediate School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top