Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

When the issue was brought to their attention, they just said they would keep an eye on it. We didn't even get a courtesy response from my son's homeroom teacher or the principal.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

I wouldn't know. The leadership never talks to you. Beyond a weekly email, you never hear from them even when there is an issue.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

They talk about how bad bullying is, but when it comes down to it, they do nothing about it.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

They do not give the kids clear instructions. My son had points taken off for an assignment because his book was at the wrong level of reading. However, the instructions did not clarify the level. When questioned, the teacher just said that the grade was fair.

Amount of homework: Neutral

The only class he gets homework in is Math, which isn't even needed because he is a high A student in Math.

Coming from Lone Star Elementary, which is phenomenal, we had the same high expectations from Parkwood Hill. Unfortunately, the teachers do not care as much, nor are organized at all. My son is in the 5th grade there and has been bullied since the first day. When brought to the attention of his three teachers and prinicipal, his homeroom teacher or principal didn't even respond, another teacher did. My son also takes the bus now, which is always late. There is no communication between the bus company, the school, and the parents, which seems to be a safety issue to me. Again, when brought up to the administration they just tapped dance around that nothing would change. We wanted to stay in this area because of the schools, but now I do not think it would be much different if we moved. Very dissapointed.

Very happy with this school and Keller ISD in general. Best one my children have been in by far. Great parent teacher relationships and no tolerance for bullying!

Music is fantastic but otherwise we are disappointed in the quality of the education for this KISD school. They teach as much as they have to but encourage or challenge the smart kids are not their priority. Disciplining is incorrect as well. My son is punished for doing silly things but a boy who broke his finger wasn't punished at all in fact the principal didn't think it was necessary to inform his parents. I wasn't informed about my son's pain either on the day of the incident. The teachers and the nurse made fun of him but didn't apologize even after us spending Saturday in the ER. Overall it is an ok school but I wouldn't recommend it to parents who care about their child education.

Overall great school with awesome teachers my child has enjoyed his 2 years there!! We will miss it!

Less than wealthy need not apply! The schools are nice, and the teachers seem to care about the kids, however if I could have put them in NW ISD, I would have. My son lives 1.8 miles from the school and only rides the bus 1 way and we have to pay $175 per semester for him to ride the bus! There are no discounts for 1 way trip only or short distance riders. If they ride the bus 1 time a month, its $175. I was called the 2nd day of school and was informed that they didnt have record of our payment, (It was paid they just didnt have it on line yet), therefore my son was not allowed on the bus and was to sit in the office until we could leave work and pick him up. This ISD will nickel and dime you to death. Their "required" school materials are extremely unreasonable. They offer a good education, great facilities, and good teachers, but by God you better be ready to break out your wallet. ALSO bus seats are first come first served, and routes are set up before the begining of the year based on paying riders. So if you transfer in, and they dont have a spot for you, your spouse might as well quit their job. But then you couldn't afford to send your kids to this "public" school anyway.

Last modified Parkwood Hill Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.