Bad
Good

Very happy with this school and Keller ISD in general. Best one my children have been in by far. Great parent teacher relationships and no tolerance for bullying!

Music is fantastic but otherwise we are disappointed in the quality of the education for this KISD school. They teach as much as they have to but encourage or challenge the smart kids are not their priority. Disciplining is incorrect as well. My son is punished for doing silly things but a boy who broke his finger wasn't punished at all in fact the principal didn't think it was necessary to inform his parents. I wasn't informed about my son's pain either on the day of the incident. The teachers and the nurse made fun of him but didn't apologize even after us spending Saturday in the ER. Overall it is an ok school but I wouldn't recommend it to parents who care about their child education.

Overall great school with awesome teachers my child has enjoyed his 2 years there!! We will miss it!

Less than wealthy need not apply! The schools are nice, and the teachers seem to care about the kids, however if I could have put them in NW ISD, I would have. My son lives 1.8 miles from the school and only rides the bus 1 way and we have to pay $175 per semester for him to ride the bus! There are no discounts for 1 way trip only or short distance riders. If they ride the bus 1 time a month, its $175. I was called the 2nd day of school and was informed that they didnt have record of our payment, (It was paid they just didnt have it on line yet), therefore my son was not allowed on the bus and was to sit in the office until we could leave work and pick him up. This ISD will nickel and dime you to death. Their "required" school materials are extremely unreasonable. They offer a good education, great facilities, and good teachers, but by God you better be ready to break out your wallet. ALSO bus seats are first come first served, and routes are set up before the begining of the year based on paying riders. So if you transfer in, and they dont have a spot for you, your spouse might as well quit their job. But then you couldn't afford to send your kids to this "public" school anyway.

Terrible school. Administration is very uncaring about your children. Principle is very domineering. I only wish I could transfer my student to a different Keller intermediate school. I am thinking that home schooling for one year may be my answer just to get out of this environment. Hillwood (across the street) can teach Parkwood Hill a thing or two. Now that is an exceptional school!!!!!

had a HORRIBLE 2 years there. SO glad to be done. There are some awesome teachers, but there also some bad ones. Principal is the worst here. Hoping she moves on before my son has to go there in 2 years.

Wonderful teachers that provide challenging and fun activities. They provide a safe and nurturing environment.

new to the area. we came from an area out of state supposedly rated lower than Keller ISD ratings but so I am not impressed with the school. They seem to be teaching strictly for TAKS and not for critical thinking. The staff have been friendly and helpful. The classrooms are unruly, disrespectful and chaotic at times - very distracting for my 6th grader. There is no excuse for allowing such behavior. The busses are also rowdy allowing students to throw pencils, sharp objects, water bottles, and stand in the aisles. In my opinion, there is a lot of bravado and chest beating about this being a fantastic school district - so where is the beef?

i love p.h.i.s.b/c there is so many good teachers .the downside of it is is that at lunch the 6th graders are so rowdy and loud

Great school, but, the principal is very domineering. I understand she was brought in to raise TAKS scores and she has done that job well. She has also removed fun from the school. Just not the same atmosphere as when my older son attended PHIS. Sad.

Last modified Parkwood Hill Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.