Hillwood Middle School 2

Posted May 23, 2012
Assistant Principal and Choir disappointed me greatly. If your student is interested in beginner's choir, have them take another class. They will suggest to pay for personal voice lessons afterschool in order to perform and audition for events. Previous referrals, do absolutely nothing even though it is in writing that it's required to be in advanced class. They claim awarding winning, 'clean' sweeps taking choral department", but have proven nothing to this statement. The students are allowed to talk, paint nails, do homework, during beginner's class. One of the students who did pay for personal lessons did not demonstrate confidence and progression, but was allowed to compete. My daughter informed me that they roughly received about two weeks of actual instruction and practice. I wish I knew this alot earlier. The sad part is that it is now too late to recover the passion that was stolen from the awarding winning, 'clean' sweeps taking choral department . Assistant Principal was too busy to meet with me about this.

Hillwood Middle School 1

Posted April 22, 2011
My children went to this school before I moved my family out of the district. To the one that states no bullying or fighting? It is great you haven't seen this but it happens. It really happens no matter where you go. What is VERY disappointeing regarding this school is when issues arrize and is brought to the admins attention nothing is done about it. Parents are shoo'd away as if we know nothing. A problem arose with an instructor and my daughter and when I went to the principal, they wouldn't let me see him "he was too busy" I had to fill out a form for him to call me back and after doing so, I NEVER recieved a call back. Left messages for him, no responses. Warning to parents: When helping your children choose classes for the following years, there are classes listed as being allowed to transfer and be counted toward the students HS credit. Even after speaking with counseling and being assured that this is correct and go with the student. Come to learn the hard way, THEY DO NOT go with the student. Incompetence is a good word for admin here. Be very careful what your children get into. Keep all your forms stating something will transfer to cover your childs rights.

Posted February 16, 2011
good school taks rate 2011: Exemplary my kids are making great progress no bulling no fights

Posted March 12, 2010

Posted March 08, 2010
I loved going too school here for 7th grade i wish i didnt move too north carolina! i hate it in nc i miss this school!

Posted February 27, 2010

Hillwood Middle School 0

Posted January 10, 2010
I am an 8th grader at Hillwood and there is not doubt that it's the best middle school in the state of Texas. Our school has one of the best football and basketball programs and the coaches are fun but they make it hard at the same time to make us ready for years to come. The teachers are great and they help anybody with anything. I LOVE HILLWOOD!

Posted October 02, 2009
Having gone to Keller Middle and Keller High myself I was leary of having my kids anywhere but there; however, I am absolutely so happy that my children are being educated at such a fantastic school! These people have brought my children out of their shells by fostering and nurturing their interests, and at the same time have taken their intellect to a whole new higher level. I cannot say enough about the entire staff at Hillwood from the principal right down to the custodians. They are excellent! You will not be disappointed here!!!

Hillwood Middle School 4

Posted September 10, 2009
i likke this school i gets straight to the point, strick but nice teachers, and great school luches. ill really lean 2 love this school!!

Posted August 12, 2009
I was a student at hillwood, and it is the best middle school you could ever go too! they have the most awesome, and caring teachers you could ever have. they actually care about your education! The kids are greaaaaat! the lunch program is the best too. I am gonna miss hillwood soooo much :(

Hillwood Middle School
8250 Parkwood Hill Boulevard, Fort Worth, TX  76137
Last modified Hillwood Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hillwood Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top