Bad
Good

Posted February 11, 2015
I think the school is great and teachers are ALL wonderful The building is kept like new. Our son loves his school.

Posted January 26, 2015
We have recently moved from NYC and if I can only describe how thankful we are to the entire office for being so helpful and welcoming to us that first week!! They actually told me to call them if I had any kinds of questions and I did and they are always so eager to help with everything! Now, we cannot even begin to compare Freedom to our kids' elementary school in NY. Freedom elementary is so clean and so convenient (perfect size sinks and water fountains etc. etc.) and lessons are taught in such a wonderful manner where kids are loving the learning process!! Walking down the halls of the school and seeing teachers smiling is truly amazing and priceless to us! We see the principal so many times in the morning greeting kids or at dismissal and we feel we are always welcomed and have access to speak to her or to our teacher any time we want to. All teachers are so helpful and always polite and friendly. Our teacher's manner of communication is extremely easy and so important for us. We have plenty of clubs or extra activities to chose from. We are so happy we moved and so happy that our younger son gets to attend Freedom!

Freedom Elementary School 1

Posted October 11, 2014
Very unhappy. The administration doesn't support the teaching staff, and overloads the classrooms with children who suffer from behavioral disorders. There's no one on one teaching, even with the minimal class sizes, and kids are academically grouped together, which leaves many kids behind. Hopefully the new vice principal won't be so quick to fly off the handle at children, like the last one

Posted January 24, 2014
This is our 3rd school in 3 years. My kids have never been happier. Their teachers care about academics as well as social issues. My fellow parents are easy to approach and quick to solve issues. The co-curr teachers are excellent. The librarian is possibly my favorite ever, and I'm a library dork. The main office lady, Lynn, is grumpy pretty consistently, but I won't hold one person against the whole school's rating. The nurse is excellent. The cafeteria staff is helpful and friendly.

Posted September 26, 2011
Our experience at Freedom has been excellent. Kindergarten orientation, meet the teacher, and the first few weeks of school have gone exceptionally well. My daughter loves her teacher and especially enjoys her co-curr classes. The admin staff is great and helpful! Great job,

Freedom Elementary School 1

Posted August 23, 2011
very unprofessional and rude office staff. Insufficnient breifing for Kintergarden kids. Not at all wemcomed at the initial phase of curriclum, which basically starts with meet the teacher. Prejudice in many aspects, and tendency to presume, parents are unnecessarily anxious!

Freedom Elementary School 3

Posted July 15, 2011
My understanding is that Freedom has nice teachers and does fairly well getting kids ready for the standardized exams that get them high state ratings, but I was shocked to learn how far behind it and other KISD schools are in curriculum. This is not necessarily Freedom's failing, but appears to be the district's problem. Despite the widely accepted studies that elementary ages are the best for children to learn languages, KISD elementaries do not offer ANY foreign language until 8th grade. Not even Spanish. Other nearby school districts as well as several less well-funded districts around the states have moved to dual-language programs for K-2 and multiple language offerings thereafter. Why is KISD still operating on 20-year old practices in this area? If I had known this when house-shopping a few years ago, it would have been a serious knock against moving to this school district.

Freedom Elementary School 3

Posted August 05, 2008
The administrators all seem to be genuinely concerned with the children's well being. My children have been quite happy at Freedom. I'm concerned though about the Academically Acceptable rating they received this year. What happened?

Posted May 23, 2008
Freedom is a wondeful school. The atmosphere is of a very happy and sincere staff. The children appear to very happy at this school. Just a happy family!

Posted May 06, 2006
Freedom is a wonderrful school. My kids enjoy the learning, the challenge and the activities that the school offers. My children went through me and their father divorcing while attending Freedom and the teachers and councelors were very helpful in helping my youngest adapt.

Freedom Elementary School
5401 Wall Price Keller Road, Fort Worth, TX  76244
Last modified Freedom Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.