Dallas Park Elementary School

Public | PK-4 | 679 students

Posted May 19, 2013

Dallas Park has been a wonderful experience for my child thus far. He is only in first grade and not in the gifted program but his teacher, Mrs. Lockard, has challenged ALL the students in her class by offering hands on lessons and class plays which my son has enjoyed! Hats off to this school!!

Posted April 21, 2013

We transferred to Dallas Park when our son was diagnosed with ASD & the special ed department at Oakmont was being cut. That has been the best thing that has ever happened to us! We went from a school which was a hot mess to a wonderful, warm & caring school. From the principal to the janitor, this staff of individuals is amazing! Every concern & question is handled quickly & efficiently. The BIC department is AWESOME! Their Zero Tolerance for Bullying policy is exactly that, Zero Tolerance! Teachers are friendly, supportive & they communicate! Phone calls, emails, conferences; which ever is best for you. I even get text messages during the day if there's something I need to know ASAP! Every student is different, but our experience with Dallas Park has been wonderful & we will deeply miss everyone as we move forward this next year.

Posted August 13, 2012

Dallas Park is a good school and has some very good teachers. The downside is that high performing students aren't challenged. Budget cuts leaves things very bare bones.

Posted August 12, 2012

Our family is very thankful for the great environment at Dallas Park. My children have enjoyed learning here and have had some of the best teachers in the district. They go above and beyond even though they are already stretched to the limits. We are very happy here!

Posted June 30, 2011

I think Dallas Park is a wonderful school with many opportunities for all children. Both of my nieces were challenged and encouraged to be creative in many different ways. As their Aunt I enjoyed watching them grow, developing into great students with the help of there teachers, staff, and parents. DP has a saying "Dallas Park is the place to be!"

Posted July 31, 2009

I think DP has the challenges that most schools do. The great thing about them is that they try to figure out different ways to reward the studnets. Far too many times, all you see is tutor, tutor, tutor. Well I am happy to say that DP had a wonderful Piano Lab Club, thanks to Ms. Weaver and the PTA's donations, this year and the children preformed admirably. We, as parents have to take the responsibility of the education of our students as much as the school does. I love being there and I have a new kindergartner coming this year. This will be our second child going through DP. Dallas Park is the place to be!

Posted July 31, 2009

My daughter was transferred to Dallas Park Elementary two years ago. The first year was a nightmare in trying to get the proper paper work filled out and signed off on. But that was the other school,(Meadowcreek Ele.) Even when the personell at Dallas didn't know us, they tried every way possible to help me get the required forms and signatures needed in order to make the transfer. Since that time, going on three years, they continue to be of Great assistance and always willing to help. The teachers, as well as, Mr. C. have gone above and beyond what is asked of them. They have always been very encouraging and supportive of the children and interested in what they are doing. I would highly recommend this school to any parent with children in elementary school. I appreciate them more than words can say!!

Posted June 15, 2009

We moved to the 'Crowley ISD' area at the begining of the school year, with high hopes after a visit with the school! Within the 1st six weeks I was shocked at the teachers, the lack of interest, the lack of concern, the rudeness,& the sarcasam the teachers showed the kids! My daughter came home crying many days because of the teacher smarting off. He appologized once after I confronted him. They dont send home weekly newsletters because they want to save paper, yet trying to get a teacher to email you is a joke! My daughter went from being an A honor student to a C student. Her teachers had no orginization, or communication with one another. On top of that both our teachers were 1st year teachers who knew NOTHING about being teachers! Just needed a paycheck. I would not recommend this school!

Posted October 23, 2008

We have been at Dallas Park from the beginning and while this school has seen MANY changes, I think the teachers are phenomenal and care so much about the students. I am extremely happy with Mr. C and am relieved that he has beaten the record by staying a 2nd year with the school. It's very refreshing seeing him talking to parents, greeting the students, and actually listening to what is being said by both parents and students. As for the staff being rude, I will say that the women in the office really do need to make the extra effort to be courteous to parents and children. I have heard 'Who are you?' said in a demanding tone far too many times. Unfortunately, they are representatives and give a first impression that isn't so great. This is the only reason I'm not giving a higher rating.

Posted May 13, 2008

We have been at Dallas Park since the first year it was opened in 2002, even though there has been 4 different principals, I still love the school and the teachers are wonderful and caring. I have always been very involved in the school and see that it is gaining new ground for improvements. The comments made about the current principal singing lyrics to a bad song are inaccurate and taken out of context. My children are very well cared for and have excelled in their education.

Posted May 12, 2008

We are very happy with Dallas Park. The principal is very accessible and the teachers work hard to meet the needs of the children. Both of my boys have excelled academically while at Dallas Park.

Posted March 11, 2008

We have been at Dallas Park Elementary for 4 years now. I must say that this is by far the best year we've had in our experience with the school. The new principal has an open door to parents--and even hosts a 'Principal's Roundtable' discussion each month- one in the morning and one in the evening--just to get feedback from parents. The principal and all of the staff--especially the assistant principal and the secretary and the attendent and the receptionist are all warm and welcoming. The entire atmosphere of the school has changed! My kids talk about their principals with much respect and love for them--what a blessing!

Posted January 29, 2008

We started this year at Dallas Park after my children attending it for the past 4yrs. I was completely turned off by the new pricipal this year. Dallas Park seems to have alot of administration changes and I do not understand why. I withdrew my student a few months back and think is was the best choice I could have made for him. We are attending another school within the district and can not believe the difference, the Dallas Park staff was always rude to the children and at the new school everyone takes the time to be nice to the parents and students. I would not recommend Dallas Park to anyone as long as the new principal is there.

Posted September 25, 2007

My children have attended Dallas Park for 4 years now and we saw dramatic changes last year when Mr. Jenkins left as principal. I think the new principal this year is going to be very hands on and accessible for everyone. I look forward to a great year. I also think the PTA is greatly imporving and will definitely be an assett to the school. We just need more parents to get involved.

Posted September 24, 2007

My children enjoy their school and love their teachers. The school is clean, well lighted and maintained. The staff are professional. The student body is a diverse middle-class entity that all seem to be well dressed and obedient.

Posted August 3, 2007

I have high expectations for this new school year at Dallas Park with a new principal arriving. Hope new encouragement/ motivation arises, art and music re-enforced, not so much emphasis on TAKS test, but yes in academics and go beyond the basics. I have been an involved parent for 4 years in Dallas Park and this past year was difficult for all. Too many changes at once, poor communication from administration and lack of presence in activities. I expect more hands one and less do it yourself teaching. It has been proven boys learn different than girls, all kids need all kinds of different methods to learn, not just reading and piles of papers flowing around your table. A lot of good teachers leaving. Crowley is keeping the small town mentality and we have grown too fast!

Posted June 8, 2007

I was pleased with Dallas Park a couple of years ago, but have noticed a decline in several areas. When Mary Harris was the principal, the children learn their academics, the teachers communicated with the parents, and Ms. Harris was accessible to parents. When Chris Jenkins was principal, the children learned academics, the teachers communicated with parents, and Mr. Jenkins was accessible to parents. The current principal is an ineffective leader, communicator, and administrator. The teaching methods now focus primarily on passing the TAKS, and good teachers are leaving the school. The office staff has become inefficient, and there are too many students who have moved into the area who are poor performers, and its adversely affecting the school overall. Dallas Park needs a major overhaul if it's going to be exemplary agian.

Posted May 29, 2007

Over the years I have noticed the good teachers leaving. The principal this year was not readily available. I see a tension between the principal, teachers and parents. The academic standards seem to be going down. Way too much emphasis on the TAKS test. This school needs much better leadership and communication between the principal and everyone else. A change is needed and plenty of parents have complained about this. Hopefully next year will improve. We'll see!!

Posted May 4, 2007

I have seen a significant decrease in the overall quality of Dallas Park this school year. I believe that the new administration is less invested in the students and the school itself. This was demonstrated by the nonpresence at evening activities including the Spring open house. I am also aware of many of the more desirable teachers leaving the school due to lack of administrative support. Crowley ISD will have difficulty retaining highly qualified experienced teachers due to the lack pay raises over the last three school years. The greatest concern is that when administrators are not invested, teachers receive less support. Less support equates to a decrease in motivation. In today's worksheet driven curriculums, students need teachers that are excited about the profession and administration that that available for students as well as staff. If students are to succeed, they need an administration that is supportive and available.

Posted May 1, 2007

After 4 years this school has gone from good to bad. It is over populated and has lost many of it's good teachers to a near by school. This school has never had an Art teacher. There is a huge lack of communication with teachers and the Principal. The office staff have a hard time with a standard operating procedure and cause much confusion. The drop-off/pick-up procedure is very dangerous. Many broken rules by teachers and staff. Very disappointing.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2011.

159 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 88% in 2011.

161 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 90% in 2011.

All Students81%

Limited English proficient (LEP)94%
Proficient in English85%
Not migrant87%

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 79% in 2013.

136 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

132 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 72% in 2013.

157 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 68% in 2013.

156 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 71% in 2013.

156 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students82%

Proficient in English67%
Not migrant67%
Not Gifted64%

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "Academically Acceptable".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Recognized".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "Recognized".

Asian or Pacific Islander 10% 4%

Teacher experience

This school District averageState average
Beginning teachers 0%N/AN/A
Source: Civil Rights Data Collection, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

8700 Viridian Lane