Bad
Good

Lake Jackson Intermediate School 1

Posted September 26, 2013
I moved to Lake Jackson in the early 70s and went to LJIS. On my first day, I was told you had to say "Yes ma'am and No sir," and girls could ONLY wear pants on a COLD day when the school board approved it, but NO JEANS ( I noticed boys could wear jeans anytime.) Also, if a student acted up, he/she got paddled. Then, I had a really MEAN gym teacher who yelled at me everyday and embarrassed the ****out of me. I thought the electives were crummy, the kids were cliquish, and the teachers were weird. I felt the whole school had a 1950's feel about it (kind of like 20 years behind the times) and a good name for the school would have been the STEPFORD SCHOOL, because all the students looked, talked, and acted like little southern dress-coded robots. All in all, Bad Experiences, Bad memories.

Posted September 11, 2012
Excellent school, teachers, and people! I like the building especially and the food. 5 stars for sure

Posted April 11, 2012
This is a an awesome school! Teachers are amazing, administrators are wonderful! Front office treats every one with respect and makes you feel at home! Am pleased to have my child attend that campus!

Posted April 11, 2012
LJIS has been a great experience. The school is warm and welcoming to parents. The administrators and counselors have been a wonderful help.

Posted April 11, 2012
The older reviews on this site are outdated and inaccurate. The current staff and leadership at LJI are awesome. Our child loves this school.

Posted November 03, 2009

Lake Jackson Intermediate School

Posted November 01, 2008

Lake Jackson Intermediate School 1

Posted July 28, 2008
My child attended this school this year, and I must say it was an awful experience for all of us. The principle of the school is very rude and is constantly yelling at the students is also very arrogant. Some teachers are okay others don't seem to care about the students education. parent

Lake Jackson Intermediate School 4

Posted June 28, 2006
As a soon to be former student of this school I decided I'd tell you what my school is like from a teen's point of veiw. The dress code is strict, but mostly uninforced. This school is also focused on academics and teamwork,rather than athletics. However, our girl teams are awesome despite a lack of effort on the school's part. Example of carlessness: I was late multiple occasions to school{i carpool}and I would just waltz past the ladies at the attendence desk& never be counted tardy thanx to my understaning teacher. On the other hand,there is a lot of parent involement, sometimes to complain other times to just help out or to just be kept involved. So all in all its a pretty decent& brand new school as of '06.

Lake Jackson Intermediate School 2

Posted August 23, 2004
I took my son out of this school. The administrative personnel are arrogant, untruthful, and uncommunicative. The teachers are nice, but it's hard to get them to communicate regularly outside of the normal channels.

Lake Jackson Intermediate School
P O Drawer Z, Freeport, TX  77541-1926
Last modified Lake Jackson Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lake Jackson Intermediate School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top