Bad
Good

I moved to Lake Jackson in the early 70s and went to LJIS. On my first day, I was told you had to say "Yes ma'am and No sir," and girls could ONLY wear pants on a COLD day when the school board approved it, but NO JEANS ( I noticed boys could wear jeans anytime.) Also, if a student acted up, he/she got paddled. Then, I had a really MEAN gym teacher who yelled at me everyday and embarrassed the ****out of me. I thought the electives were crummy, the kids were cliquish, and the teachers were weird. I felt the whole school had a 1950's feel about it (kind of like 20 years behind the times) and a good name for the school would have been the STEPFORD SCHOOL, because all the students looked, talked, and acted like little southern dress-coded robots. All in all, Bad Experiences, Bad memories.

Excellent school, teachers, and people! I like the building especially and the food. 5 stars for sure

This is a an awesome school! Teachers are amazing, administrators are wonderful! Front office treats every one with respect and makes you feel at home! Am pleased to have my child attend that campus!

LJIS has been a great experience. The school is warm and welcoming to parents. The administrators and counselors have been a wonderful help.

The older reviews on this site are outdated and inaccurate. The current staff and leadership at LJI are awesome. Our child loves this school.

My child attended this school this year, and I must say it was an awful experience for all of us. The principle of the school is very rude and is constantly yelling at the students is also very arrogant. Some teachers are okay others don't seem to care about the students education. parent

Last modified Lake Jackson Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.