Posted October 22, 2013
Proud to be a Ney family! The principal is very warm and welcoming - in fact, all of the staff is. Our entire family has been encouraged to volunteer - even dad! PTO membership is free, but it isn't the only way to get involved. The teachers are caring and kind. They have always been quick to answer any of my questions, inviting me to the classroom, and willing to go the extra mile when one of my children needed help. My son says the ladies in the cafeteria take good care of him because they care about making kids healthy - his words. I have 2 children - 1 in advanced programs and the other needs extra help occasionally. I am confident that they are both receiving an excellent education at Ney. The school nurse is an actual RN, which I appreciate. She is also very kind. As another reviewer pointed out, my only complaint would be that PE and Music are only 2-3 days per week.

Elisabet Ney Elementary School 4

Posted October 21, 2013
My children attended Ney elementary for three years. Now we moved to a different part of the country and my children are competing fine in a school that is rated 9 out of 10 at greatschool.org. I wanted to take a few minutes to write because of the one negative parent comment. I was in PTO at Ney elementary for 3 years and I disagree that the PTO was not welcoming. They always tried to get all parents to join, and was welcoming to all economic levels. Parents of many economic levels are in Ney PTO as of Spring 2013 when I moved away. Also, Ney is not located across the street from BCS (Brazosport Christian School is 1.2 miles from Ney on Willow Drive). So again, I am not sure what the author was referring too. Many of the teachers and principal at Ney have been there for many years and are very hardworking and dedicated. Ney is considered a Title I school which means that over 40% of the students get free or reduced lunch. But Ney consistently wins awards that they are one of the best performing Title I schools in the whole greater Houston Metro. Ney does a great job with the limited resources that they have at their disposal.

Posted October 21, 2013
Our family has been part of Ney Elementary since 2008. We love the school, the teachers, and the administration. I know there is a lot of negativity about public schools these days, but I feel like my kids are getting the best education in the world at Ney. The teachers are creative and use technology effectively (but not excessively) in the classrooms. The school l is a warm and caring environment for kids to learn. My one complaint is that they only go to music and PE 2-3 times a week and not everyday.

Elisabet Ney Elementary School 2

Posted August 08, 2012
I have a child that has been going to this school and I'm not sure how they rate this as being an excellent school. The best advantage a child has at attending this school is having parents that are well off (Money). The PTA consists of snobbish women who like to parade around like they're do something important... No lower class women allowed in this PTA ! Some of the teachers don't want to be hassled with students that are "over active" and their answers to this is (your child needs to be on meds) and it really seems that this is for the children of the lower status... Don't believe me ask the parents. So far I've only came across 3 teachers that love their job and want to help those students that are higher active than some. So if you have money and are of the higher status this is the school for your children because they can get away hitting other students and without discipline, but if your of the lower status and not much money then you better find a different school for your children because that is how this school operates. I didn't go to this school, but when I was a child I did however go to the christain school that was across the street (BCS)

Posted October 06, 2009

Posted August 15, 2009

Posted October 21, 2003
I am not a parent, not even close, but i did go to Elizabet Ney Elementary from kindergarten till 4th grade. I am now a senior at Allen High School(near Dallas). I am involved in a program called ETI(Elementary Teaching Internship) because i want to become a first grade teacher. I have been trying to get into contact with my 1st grade teacher, Mrs. Collier. She is only one of the many teachers that influenced me to become a teacher myself.

Posted August 25, 2003
My oldest child started school last year and I was leary of enrolling her in a public school. This year she is in first grade and I'm extremely comfortable with her being there. The teachers and staff are very competent. Teachers actually encourage parents to call them with questions and to participate in their children's education. Ney is a excellent school, no doubt in my mind!

Elisabet Ney Elementary School
P O Drawer Z, Freeport, TX  77541
Last modified Elisabet Ney Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elisabet Ney Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top