Friendswood, TX

Posted September 17, 2013
I've attended Brookside all of my intermediate years. Brookside is a horrible school, the principles are super strict on dress code. They do badge checks at lunch, which takes about 15 minutes of our lunch time, and if you don't have a badge you have to sit in isolation. My parents have complained constantly, they just make excuses up. There has been many drug problems and fights. All three years I disliked it, but survived it. I wouldn't recommend this school for anyone who has the choice.

Posted July 23, 2013
Worst school I've ever attended. I went there for less than a year and could not WAIT to change schools! The students here are rude and disrespectful to the teachers and staff, as well as other students! They seem to have a sense of superiority and that they have the right to act as they please. Talking back to the teachers, whispering, and note-passing during class happens daily. I was bullied there non-stop by 3 kids in particular, who seemed to hate me for no ultimate reason, and I was disliked and talked about by everyone else. My only option to try to stop the bullying was to talk to my parents and the counselor and discuss my feelings and what new forms of insulting had happened that day (Yes, something new happened every day.) The counselor could only reassure me that what had been said was false and only a form of opinion, and that they would do whatever they could to reach an end to all of this. The only thing that happened was the teacher of the class that I was bullied in directly made ME sit on the opposite side of the classroom. Of course, that didn't stop it in the slightest. The same thing happened to a friend of mine who's switching schools because of it. HORRIBLE!

Posted July 17, 2013
Horrible school. My child was bullied by students and one teacher in particular. They remain terrified of the place. The experience there has caused nothing but grief for our family

Posted December 31, 2012
I have been teaching 27 years and I am in my 7th year of teaching at Brookside Intermediate. It is, by far, the best campus I have ever worked on. Teaching in the public school system is tough and we teachers do our very best to touch the lives of kids every single day. Our administration is wonderful and we teachers put in more hours than we are paid for and we take our jobs home with us each and every day. But that is what I signed on for and I am "called" to be a teacher and consider myself blessed to be a teacher at Brookside. If I didn't love my chosen profession and my campus, I couldn't do what I do. I am just a drama teacher, not a core teacher, but I value each and every young person who comes through my door at Brookside. Intermediate school is hard. Kid are going through so many changes and we middle school teachers do a heck of a lot more than just teach our subject. Sometimes the kids just need us to listen and sometimes we are the givers of "tough love". Sometimes we are the only person that child thinks they can talk to. I hope that, years from now, former students will remember that they were important and valued at Brookside Intermediate.

Posted July 03, 2010
My kids love this school. I went to dances this year and both teachers and principals were at everyone. At the games there are always staff members around and they are always friendly and outgoing with the students and parents. I wish more parents were involved, but that is not something the school could control. My daughter loved her 6th grade year and can't wait 'till she's in 7th grade for all of the fun activities she's heard about.

Posted December 19, 2008
The teachers and vice-principal, Mr. Polombo, are very willing to work with parents. They are very suppotive and caring. Thank-you all for your hardwork!

Posted October 30, 2005

Brookside Intermediate School 4

Posted May 19, 2005
Great parent involvement. It is a fairly new school so it has nice facilities. Good advanced classes.

Posted March 17, 2005

Brookside Intermediate School 3

Posted June 24, 2004
Brookside is an excellent school if your child is an average or above average student. If your child has learning difficulties, I would highly suggest not sending your child here as some of the teachers and administrative staff do not go out of their way to help your child. Some have a difficult time understaning the individual needs of such a child. The Principal is awesome and works hard, but she lacks the support of some of those under her.

Brookside Intermediate School
3535 E FM 528 Rd, Friendswood, TX  77546
Last modified Brookside Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brookside Intermediate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top