Friendswood, TX
Students enrolled: 2,165

Friendswood High School 1

Posted June 09, 2014
This is a school of exceptional students led by exceptional parents...no true leadership exists at FHS nor are the teachers above and beyond any other average school. There is a system set up so no one complains up to the superintendent and the principal does nothing but support his staff. Department heads do not support students nor do they investigate problems in a reasonable, common sense manner. Even students that are bullied at this school get tickets because the school does not investigate anything. They wash themselves of any responsiblility. My son has been taking engineering coursework, which is not considered toward AP work, with teachers who are not qualified nor suited for engineering or computer science. My advice to anyone would be to save your money and don't move to Friendswood for the schools. We did and we regret it. This school is full of teachers and administrators who graduated from FHS themselves who have each others back. It is all about money and promotion, not about the students. We are moving as soon as graduation is over.

Friendswood High School 3

Posted December 27, 2012
Friendswood High School is very clickish like the community! Most teachers are great, and some just don't teach! If you have a problem the school's AP & P will handle it right away! Unfortuantely most students make it difficult for new students to feel welcomed!

Posted April 29, 2012
I am currently a student at FHS and I love it there. My courses and competitive and brisk, but well-taught. The teachers really get to know their students on a personal level and go out of there way to help their students achieve success. I especially appreciate their math, science, foregin languages, and English courses. The majority of the kids (and their parents) at FHS care deeply about their grades. Friendswood is a tight-knit community with old school values (family, community, volunteerism) and it really reflects in the school.

Posted November 28, 2011
I am very appreciative of my Friendswood education. All of my Friendswood teachers have shown interest not only in my success in academics but also in me as a person. Friendswood teachers have truly made an impact on my life and there are not many high schools one can say that about. Currently, I am a student at the University of Texas. However, after many years, I am still disappointed in the quality of teaching comparable to Friendswood. I am proud to be a Friendswood graduate!

Friendswood High School 1

Posted April 08, 2010

Posted February 04, 2010
Friendswood is a great place to grow up and go to school. FHS really prepared me for college whereas many of my friends high schools did not. The teachers are all wonderful and helpful. They really teach kids how to compete and learn at their best, which helps the school be able to earn as many achievements as it does. I am proud to be a graduate of Friendswood High School.

Posted October 30, 2009
Best in Texas. I have four children Two have graduated with partial scholerships. One is special needs and in elementry. We could not ask for a better program for the handicap. The fourth we are happy to say is starting kindergarten next year.., Go Mustangs!

Posted October 21, 2009
We moved our son during his freshman year to FISD. The transition was uneventful due to the helpful staff & students. He is now a junior & continues to thrive. FISD has proven to be everything & more than we expected.

Posted October 20, 2009
Friendswood students, which I am, are not always the friendliest, but we aren't all like that. We are a close knit class and most of us have known each other since kindergarten and first grade. While, most people get the idea that everyone is preppy, snobbish, and rude, I'm glad they still put there kids here. It's quite a lovely place if you just get rid of your biased thoughts toward it. I didn't choose to go to Friendswood High School, but I am glad that my mom put me here because I wouldn't want an education from any other high school but this one.

Posted October 07, 2009
A great high school experience and exemplary school ( as are all the Friendswood Schools ).

Friendswood High School
702 Greenbriar Drive, Friendswood, TX  77546
Last modified Friendswood High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Friendswood High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top