Posted June 02, 2014
We have been at Legacy for 12 years, and I cannot recommend a school more highly! I have 4 children, and they have each attended since Kindergarten. My favorite aspect of the school is all of the wonderful, caring teachers who care about each of my children's education as well as their spiritual growth. I have also been so impressed with the principals and administrators,and the overall culture of Legacy. My kids all love music and drama, and Legacy has provided so many plays and musicals for them to be in and learn from. There are also many different sports, service activities, and leadership opportunities for them to take advantage of throughout the year. Legacy has an amazing college guidance counselor who has walked us through everything that we need to know in the college search and application process. As a college prep school, my daughter (who will be a senior this year) is well prepared for college, and has scored high enough on the ACT to attend any of the universities that she is interested in. Legacy Christian Academy is a true Christian school, and their Bible curriculum is wonderful. Most importantly, Legacy teachers/staff have discipled my kids in a personal way.

Posted May 23, 2014
As my 10th grader takes his last finals today, we are excited to begin the process of selecting his college. I am confident he will be able to attend the college of his choice given the rigorous academics at Legacy. His scores on the PSAT and PACT rank among the top 85% in the country (that includes private and public schools). I will look forward to posting his scores following his June tests as well as his acceptance to the College of his choice.

Legacy Christian Academy 4

Posted May 22, 2014
Frisco Legacy Christian Academy has been a wonderful experience for my children. The teacher are exceptional, my child has learned more at this school than the public school he was attending. The college counselor has helped prepare our child for college and also life after college with career planning.

Posted May 22, 2014
Legacy Christian Academy is a wonderful school that takes honoring God in all that they do very seriously. From the moment you walk in the doors, you can feel that it is a different place... The academics are rigorous, the excitement for learning real and the love for the students exceeds it all.

Legacy Christian Academy 2

Posted May 08, 2014
MY kid has been attending LCA since 1st grade. I'd like to think that everything she has become, it is because of LCA... meaning she is a straight A student and a good kid (quiet and well mannered). It probably is so until this year... she is in her 9th grade and she had given her ALL as usual only to find out- she did not get ANY- not even 1 academic award this year which she had been getting several in the past. It seems the UPPER SCHOOL is now focusing in building a school to have "feel good" students because those are the kids that were recognized this yr. The kids who are "godly". Very confusing because that is subjective and almost judging. For 15K/yr, I am expecting a school that is truly college preparatory- because that is reality. Obviously,we value character however, disregarding a person's academic ability because you want to instead reward the kids who are "godly" --- in a world where life is very competitive, that can be tough. This school seems to be evolving into a youth MINISTRY as their focus; not academia. If this is what you are looking for then- LCA is for you. As for my kid-she now feels that all that hard work and being good is not worth it.

Posted February 12, 2014
Normally, I would not reply to an anonymous letter; however, a post below is misleading about both Legacy & myself, & I feel it warrants a response. If you or any reader is interested in an expanded explanation beyond the 1200 character limit, please contact me at the school. LCA, like most every school, has new faculty annually. Mostly, this is a result of growth & the addition of new positions, not teachers leaving. The average teacher tenure at LCA is 7yrs over our 15-year existence. LCA teachers are loved & considered our most valuable asset. In 2012, LCA was recognized as a Best Workplace by the Christian Workplace Institute, an award based on information supplied solely & anonymously by all staff. It stands to reason that if teachers were unhappy, they would not have rated their workplace experience as superior. Admittedly, I make mistakes, & I have room to improve. I wish I could sit down with you in person, so that you could hear my heart & passion for kids. I am actively involved in the life of our school, including traveling on student trips just as any teacher would do. To correct your assertion, teachers are included in the leadership of all student trips.

Legacy Christian Academy 1

Posted December 19, 2013
This school is not what it used to be. Look at the teacher turn over in the upper levels. Elementary grade teachers are awesome and love the kids, save your $ for middle school and high school. Teachers goof off, there is no accountability, no support from administration. The headmaster is only concerned with himself. He is not involved with the students at all until there is a trip and he goes on the FREE trips abroad with his wife. Of course the students are paying for his FREE tickets. Why not let the teachers go with the students instead? I REST MY CASE! That's how they treat the teachers at Legacy. It is insulting to those hard working teachers. The headmaster gets all the benefits and the teachers get replaced yearly, they are disposable and that hurts the morale and quality of education at this school. My kids thrived after we left this school. Save your money!!!!!

Posted December 09, 2013
Fantastic school! This is our third year at LCA and we have two children there at this time, another to enter PreK next year. LCA has blessed our family in so many ways, but more than anything, we have really enjoyed the families. For the most part, every family is "training their child up" (Proverbs) in a Biblical way and my husband and I are excited about what the future holds raising our kids up along-side other Christ-followers. It's really enriched our family life and we feel good about the families our kids are surrounded by. There are a few families whose motive for being at the school is questionable, but you will find that anywhere and fortunately, they stick out like a sore thumb (not in a good way). I've really enjoyed my few conversations with the Headmaster and Lower School Principal and feel that their "open door policy" for concerns or suggestions is definitely a sincere gesture. They care about all these kids succeeding. And I believe they care what the parents have to say. We have expressed nothing but praises, but appreciate the approachability of the Admin whatever the reason. I have whole-heartedly recommended LCA to other families and will continue to do so.

Posted January 18, 2013
Our oldest child attended LCA beginning with Kindergarten & graduated from Legacy in 2012. He was easily accepted at both Texas A&M and UT. As a college freshman this year, he has found himself more than adequately prepared for the academic rigors of college. He is succeding at A&M and has thanked us countless times for allowing him to attend LCA and learn so much there. Legacy has grown since the school began (we have been there all 14 years) and that growth has done nothing but benefit the students. The Bible program teaches students to claim their beliefs and how to be able to defend those beliefs. The Academics at LCA are very stringent in order to prepare the students for any university that they choose. If they have trouble keeping up with the academics at LCA, the teachers and staff are more than willing to help them with their studies outside of regular class time. LCA's headmaster has a huge heart for Christ, as well as for all LCA students, and that clearly carries over to include each staff member, teacher and coach at LCA. You will not find a school in North Texas that can partner with you to help grow your child into the well rounded adult that God made him/her to be.

Posted September 14, 2012
We are starting our 10th year at Legacy. We love this school. My two children are challenged and encouraged to strive for their best. Every teacher we have encountered truly cares about the academic and spiritual growth of the children. We sacrifice to send our children to private school so that they can receive not only a top notch education, but also to support our Christian values and foundation that is important to our family. Legacy offers a well rounded balance between Bible, academics, fine arts and athletics. We are proud to be a part of the Legacy community.

Legacy Christian Academy
5000 Academy Drive, Frisco, TX  75034
Last modified Legacy Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Legacy Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top