Griffin Middle School 4

Posted September 03, 2014
My child recently completed middle school at Griffin. I found the administration, teachers, and counselors, including the female asst. principal, to be extremely accommodating and professional. Let's face it, there are a lot of punks in middle school, and if nothing is done to keep them in order they impede learning for the rest of the kids. But if your child is a typical pre-teen who respects authority most of the time, he/she will be happy here, as mine was. Some of the teachers are truly outstanding, especially one of the ILA teachers (7th/8th grade.) Others are just okay. One was really bad, and that teacher left the school after one year. My child was at the top of the class academically and was appreciated and recognized for it. I would recommend this school.

Posted September 02, 2014
The administration at this school leaves a lot to be desired. Some are hands off while others are tyrants. Middle schoolers can be difficult, but the students basically hope to be ignored as there is no other positive option. This was not true when the male assistant was there last year. He left, and the new male AP may turn out okay. My kid loved the 6th grade teachers, though I think those were the cream of the crop. I heard otherwise about some. Some teachers are organized and keep their website up to date. Others, not at all, but they expect the kids to know what's going on at all times. Parental involvement is discouraged, and I'm not talking about the volunteering kind of involvement. It's almost a secret as to what is going on at school unless $$$ is required. The school website is minimal. Parents addressed this last year with suggestions. It fell on deaf ears. Athletic achievement is shown way more attention than academic achievement. So if your child is athletic or has poor behavior choices, he or she will get noticed. If he or she is quiet, well-behaved, academic or creative, he or she will not love middle school. This is atypical for other FISD schools.

Griffin Middle School 1

Posted July 27, 2014
I would like to have any updates about this school, is it good? does it have a good special education services, band, does it have tennis team?

Posted March 25, 2014
I attended Griffin Middle School in 6th grade, amazing teachers except for the technology teacher. ( highly condescending ) Major problem: Asst. Principle ( the lady ) wasn't scared to embarace students in front of people, isn't afraid to scold someone close enough to where she's spitting your face. She scared me off!!!! I highly suggest if you were too come to this school you stay away from her. Also, when I was at Pink Elementary ( across the street ) our neighbors daughter was in 8th grade and was new. She tried to sit with girls at lunch but instead they picked on her and told her no. She told the two adminastrators watching lunch, and showed which girls it was. Instead of helping her find friends she commented " I wouldn't sit there! " and walked away. Griffin is a miserable school that changes your life by both administrators and students.

Posted April 21, 2013
Griffin Middle School- terrible experience Had extreme issues with 6th grade ILA teacher being condescending to parents, child, embarrassing child in class, poor communications with admin over issues , child fields teacher harasses them and administration basically shrugs their shoulders at complaints. This lady is a poor choice for kiddos. Apparently parents have little voice at this school against unreasonable teachers. Other teacher experiences have been most delightful and helpful. Disappointing they'd allow one with such a bad reputation remain teaching our youth and bring everyone else down.

Griffin Middle School 3

Posted April 19, 2013
This school has been OK, not great. The main problem is some of the teachers, they're not good. Specifically, the 8th grade Algebra teacher/Coach is awful, he's rude, sarcastic, and doesn't teach well. You can tell he'd rather be coaching than teaching Algebra. I am afraid to ask questions because he'll probably give some snarky remark in response. All of the science teachers are bad. The multimedia/broadcast teacher is very impatient and rude. We've gone through 5 spanish teachers in 3 years. Now, let's move on to the good teachers. The G/T ILA teacher is awesome! He's funny, energetic, understanding, personable, and just an all around good teacher. Also, the history department is great, very organized and prepared us well for the state's bogus standardized testing. Now for the administration: the principal is nice, but doesn't do much. The secretaries are friendly. The woman assistant principal is a nut job, but the man assistance principal is great! Overall, this school is OK.

Griffin Middle School 3

Posted September 25, 2012
We moved to frisco because greatschools gave them such high scores. We've been at griffin for 2 years now and I have to say I'm not impressed with the school, the teachers or the administration.

Griffin Middle School 1

Posted February 03, 2012
This school ruined my middle school life. The Assistant Principal is a nutjob. I hated it here

Griffin Middle School 5

Posted December 21, 2011
We relocated to Griffin Parc for the amazing schools in a great community that are within walking distance. It has been such pleasure being part of a community where I don't have to worry about my children walking home from school. While I have been pleased with Griffin, my son loves going to school everyday. They have really good teachers that take such an interest in the children's learning and growth at such a crutial age. I am 100% satisfied with the choice to move to my children to Pink Elementary and Griffin Middle.

Griffin Middle School 5

Posted September 22, 2009

Griffin Middle School
3703 Eldorado Parkway, Frisco, TX  75034
Last modified Griffin Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Griffin Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top