Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Student (2 responses)

Posted March 29, 2016
The athletics there at Roach middle school is great because the coaches really push you to become strong. The academics is good because they really show how to solve a problem and break it down step by step. The also show the proper way to write an essay with breaking that down step by step with both expository and narrative. The vice principals are not that great and yell at most of the students. The once got lunch detention for being too loud. These kids are not in Kindergarten anymore, they are developing into young adults. They take too long to call lunch rows and if you are called last you have only ten minutes to just stuff food down your mouth which is a horrible feeling. I hate that they have "oops passes" and you only get six of these every six weeks. I am an athlete and is at baseball or conditioning after school so I have to drink water but that usually leads to me going to the restroom a lot. The passing periods are only four minutes long so that does not give me enough time to get in and out and be back without being tardy. The counselors are not good with dealing with drama, bullying, you name it.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted January 20, 2016
No, my daughter was called many names such as "slut" and the teacher said she was surprised my daughter wasn't pregnant already

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted January 20, 2016
No compassion or caring for the students. Many reviews on bullying from this school Roach Middle School

Posted April 20, 2015
Do not send your kids here!! We've had the most miserable two years. There is a huge bullying problem but they do nothing about it. My child was so miserable with they way she was being treated, but when she would go to the counselor's office crying they would send her back to class. The administration plays favorites and will 'look the other way' when one of them does something wrong. My children do not feel safe here and are extremely unhappy.

Posted October 29, 2014
I am underwhelmed with this school. The counselor and teachers make promises- but do not follow through. The school is disorganized and the office staff all seem to be rude. I am totally amazed this school is rated so high. I feel guilty for the fact I send my child here. There are a couple of great teachers- but overall- the school is lacking.

Posted August 20, 2014
HORRIBLE REGISTRATION EXPERIENCE! A late decision was made to enroll our daughter in RMS. My tax dollars are collected and divided amongst the FISD schools it should not matter when I enroll especially if the cirmcumstances were beyond my control. Late enrollment should not be negative experience because of a grumpy registar and an elderly person sitting at the front office desk answering the phone giving out the wrong information. 8/14 we were told all appts were filled and to come in on 8/15 but we would not see a counselor. We were ok with that. 8/15 we were rudely greeted and told we need an appt and that no one would have told us to come in with out one. (So now we are being called liars). After complaining about the apppoitment situation the registar finally decided to give us paperwork to fillout and made copies of necessary paperwork. Leaving we were stopped by a counselor who said whe would see her when we came back. We returned as asked, no counselor was there and we were asked to drop off forms that we could have dropped off on 8/15. I already dislike this school because of the rudeness and inconsistencies with communication. A very disappointed tax payer and parent!

Posted January 13, 2014
Can't wait to get out of here! My daughter was bullied so badly the police had to be called and yet nothing has been done worst of all the other students had been talk to but not the parents. So that said they talk to the students about things behind the doors with out notifying the paretns that is stimply wrong. The administrative are not friendly and are rude and never smile. When I took the morning off work to go speak with an administrator about the issue, so many of them out of the office I was told NO ONE could speak with me that day! AND the principal was sitting in her office the entire time and refused to come out. At some point they gave me the assistance principal to talk to me where I really disliked our confersation since everything that was said and was done was pushed under the mat. All the years this school has been a HUGE disappointment. You don't want to send your kids here. Frisco ISD might have other good schools but this really is NOT one of them!!

Posted May 23, 2013
Can't wait to get out of here! I was shocked that this school is rated a 10. We came from a great school in the Klein school district and maybe that's why we were expecting more. This school is so understaffed and disorganized, it's scary. There have been times when I've picked her up for early dismissal and not even asked for an ID but then at the end of year awards they wanted about 300 parents to pile up at the front door to sign in! My daughter was bullied so badly the police had to be called. When I took the morning off work to go speak with an administrator about the issue, so many of them out of the office I was told NO ONE could speak with me that day! AND the principal was sitting in her office the entire time and refused to come out. This year has been a HUGE disappointment and we started a "days left countdown" months before school ended. You don't want to send your kids here. Frisco ISD might have other good schools but this is NOT one of them!!

Roach Middle School 5

Posted November 03, 2012
We moved our daughter here in the seventh grade and we love it. The administration is approachable and communicate often with parents. This is a school that has a place for every child. The athletics program is excellent, the band program is great (a bit time consuming, but great) and the art, computer and robotics programs can't be beat. There could be more diversity, but the school reflects the neighborhoods feeding into it, so you get what you pay for. We haven't experienced any bullying, and the school has a very active anti-bullying program in place. Academically, our daughter is in all pre-ap classes, and stays challenged, yet maintains straight A's. We would love to move again to live somewhere a little less right-wing, but we will stay for the outstanding schools. Roach is worth staying for.

Posted January 27, 2012
This school ranks high in academic and college preparation courses but lacks in resolving bullying issues. Most of the bullies are on the extra-curricular activities which i feel even gives them more power. Change your policy of bullying! If a bully has more than 10 complaints; do not allow them to represent your school! The administrators know who are the bullies but yet they allow them to continue. Do something because a child hurts someone or themselves.

12499 Independence Parkway, Frisco, TX  75035
Last modified Roach Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.