Posted October 29, 2014
I am underwhelmed with this school. The counselor and teachers make promises- but do not follow through. The school is disorganized and the office staff all seem to be rude. I am totally amazed this school is rated so high. I feel guilty for the fact I send my child here. There are a couple of great teachers- but overall- the school is lacking.

Roach Middle School 1

Posted January 13, 2014
Can't wait to get out of here! My daughter was bullied so badly the police had to be called and yet nothing has been done worst of all the other students had been talk to but not the parents. So that said they talk to the students about things behind the doors with out notifying the paretns that is stimply wrong. The administrative are not friendly and are rude and never smile. When I took the morning off work to go speak with an administrator about the issue, so many of them out of the office I was told NO ONE could speak with me that day! AND the principal was sitting in her office the entire time and refused to come out. At some point they gave me the assistance principal to talk to me where I really disliked our confersation since everything that was said and was done was pushed under the mat. All the years this school has been a HUGE disappointment. You don't want to send your kids here. Frisco ISD might have other good schools but this really is NOT one of them!!

Roach Middle School 1

Posted May 23, 2013
Can't wait to get out of here! I was shocked that this school is rated a 10. We came from a great school in the Klein school district and maybe that's why we were expecting more. This school is so understaffed and disorganized, it's scary. There have been times when I've picked her up for early dismissal and not even asked for an ID but then at the end of year awards they wanted about 300 parents to pile up at the front door to sign in! My daughter was bullied so badly the police had to be called. When I took the morning off work to go speak with an administrator about the issue, so many of them out of the office I was told NO ONE could speak with me that day! AND the principal was sitting in her office the entire time and refused to come out. This year has been a HUGE disappointment and we started a "days left countdown" months before school ended. You don't want to send your kids here. Frisco ISD might have other good schools but this is NOT one of them!!

Posted November 03, 2012
We moved our daughter here in the seventh grade and we love it. The administration is approachable and communicate often with parents. This is a school that has a place for every child. The athletics program is excellent, the band program is great (a bit time consuming, but great) and the art, computer and robotics programs can't be beat. There could be more diversity, but the school reflects the neighborhoods feeding into it, so you get what you pay for. We haven't experienced any bullying, and the school has a very active anti-bullying program in place. Academically, our daughter is in all pre-ap classes, and stays challenged, yet maintains straight A's. We would love to move again to live somewhere a little less right-wing, but we will stay for the outstanding schools. Roach is worth staying for.

Posted January 27, 2012
This school ranks high in academic and college preparation courses but lacks in resolving bullying issues. Most of the bullies are on the extra-curricular activities which i feel even gives them more power. Change your policy of bullying! If a bully has more than 10 complaints; do not allow them to represent your school! The administrators know who are the bullies but yet they allow them to continue. Do something because a child hurts someone or themselves.

Posted December 28, 2011
BEST SCHOOL IN THE DISTRICT!!! Not to mention friscoisd is also the BEST district in the state! I moved to here from out of state over Christmas break last year, and everyone is loving, caring, and sweet. The students are very welcoming and will be your friend in a snap. It is not too big, but a homey type feeling. The electives are WONDERFUL and the athletics are TREMENDOUS! Especailly in basketbal:) The band/orchestra are also very supportiveand helps you grow unimaginably.Lunch is pretty good, too. SEND YOUR CHILD TO THIS SCHOOL!!!

Posted May 07, 2010
Worst school everrrrr!!! Just moved and not a good school. They are not welcoming. I have also seen plenty of bullying. Do not go here.

Posted October 28, 2009
All the teachers I have are great to me, I just wish I could be a better student to them

Roach Middle School 3

Posted February 10, 2009

Posted October 07, 2008
This school is great!! The staff seems to enjoy working here and the principal Mrs. Gladden is awesome. The programs that Frisco has brought in are amazing and really go a long ways to help support us in raising great kids!! The most recent being Rachel's Challenge! We have been very happy here!

Roach Middle School
12499 Independence Parkway, Frisco, TX  75035
Last modified Roach Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Roach Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top