Bad
Good

Posted May 15, 2008
Our son is in 1st grade at Isbell and seems to enjoy it. His kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Denison, was fantastic in motivating our son while maintaining a consistent approach to discipline. His first grade teacher, Ms. McAfee is equally qualified. While I've not spoken directly to Mrs. Lemmons, I feel she has performed well as the principal/leader of Isbell. I'm pleased with the structure of the programs, opportunities for additional learning experiences outside the classroom, and the teachers all seem to share in the general positive feel at the school. My wife and I are very happy with the results we are seeing at Isbell Elementary.

Posted March 11, 2008
Last summer we were 95% certain about sending our son to private school. However, after hearing so many positive comments about Isbell from friends/neighbors, we decided to send our son to Kindergarten at Isbell. It has absolutely been the right decision for us. Our son loves his school, his teacher & the friends he has made. I'm at his school at least once or twice a week, and I'm amazed at how the teachers & staff are always outgoing & attentive to the students. Everyone - teachers & students alike seem happy to be there. In the beginning, I actually looked for reasons to pull our son our & continue on down the private school track, but I simply could not find any reason whatsoever to do so. I think Isbell is a fantistic school w/ourstanding leadership & teachers. No private school for us!

Posted February 25, 2008
My kids attended this school for the first two years it was open. We loved the teachers, but the principal was aweful (Mrs. Lemmons). There was no consistant discipline and she let certain parents/teachers rule the school. Compared to Plano schools and schools in other states, the learning level was low. The special education department lacked in so many ways. Many of the parents were snobby and so were their kids. We are now moving back to Texas and plan to stay far away from Isbell. We did love Mrs. Pretzel and the P.E. Teacher.

Posted September 27, 2007
I used to be the school nurse of Isbell. I'm not sure who the nay-say parents are, but they won't find the level of learning and community found at Isbell anywhere else, public or private. Mrs. Lemons deserves commendation for dealing with negative parents, and for holding her head high above it all. I couldn't have asked for a better principal for my child, or boss to work . She LOVES the kids at Isbell, wants them to learn, and ratings and TAKS results support the school's success. Kids. MOST parents, and the staff appreciate her dedication. I wish my daughter had a school like Isbell to attend in our new location. I will definitely miss Isbell. Stacy Frisbie, RN, BSN

Isbell Elementary School 4

Posted August 27, 2007
My 2 children have attended Isbell since its opening. Their teachers have been consistently good and I certainly felt I had enough communication from them. Keep in mind my kids required minimal encouragement since they are both enthusiastic about school; I'm not certain how a more needy child might have fared.

Isbell Elementary School 3

Posted June 26, 2007
I do not recommend this school. The principal is not a leader. Do not let her fool you. The teachers are great but the definitely need a different leader.

Posted April 16, 2007
My daughter (3rd grade) and son (kindergarten) both attend Isbell and have had a very positive experience with the school. The teachers are so energetic and happy and do so much to motivate the students to learn, the facility and resources are top-notch, and the parents are very involved. My daughter's teacher, Mrs. Shearer, is amazing! She is a gifted teacher, encourages the children constantly and makes them truly excited to learn. She obviously loves teaching. She really inspires my daughter, who absolutely adores her! My son's kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Richardson, is so patient and positive, and also teaches the kids so much. I have to commend the principal, who has done an outstanding job despite incredible pressure from parents and stay-at-home moms who typically want to give their own kids an advantage over others. Overall, we are extremely pleased with Isbell and the Frisco ISD.

Isbell Elementary School 1

Posted February 26, 2007
I do not recommend it. No discipline strategies applied. No parent/teacher communication. My child attended the school few years ago and had a hard time adjusting. This all reflected on her/his academic performance.

Posted February 02, 2007
My child attended Isbell after Hurricane Katrina and I was so impressed with the principal, his teachers and the school in general. Everyone was so nice to him and made him feel welcome. He talks about the school all the time and asks when can I go back to Isbell. I think for a child to be thrown into a new school after a major disaster and for the child to fall in love with the staff and school says a lot about the place. I really appreciate the great job that Mrs. Shearer did with my child not only teaching him but comforting him in a time when he needed it most. Thank you Isbell.

6000 Maltby Drive, Frisco, TX  75035
Last modified Isbell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.